The Skokie Park District is seeking a full time Application/ Desktop Support Specialist to come join our team! Your role will be to assist the Director of Information Technology with hands on Enterprise application support along with the day-to-day operations of the IT department. Key responsibility will be to become the subject matter expert for the District’s registration system – RecTrac.
Compensation: $55,000 to $62,000 hiring range depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits Offered: We offer an immediate benefit package that includes Medical, Vision, Dental and life insurance along with retirement plans. Our employees enjoy a free membership to our health club - Fitness First, golf, pool access as well as other facility usage benefits.
Qualifications and Skills We Seek:
• We require a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field from an accredited college or university. We will consider relevant work experience of at least three years in lieu of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems.
• 3 to 5 years of IT experience in a corporate setting with help desk experience preferred.
• Experience with Vermont Systems software including RecTrac, MainTrac and FinTrac strongly desired.
• Experience working with Active Directory
• VMware experience is a plus
• SharePoint and / or Office 365 experience is a plus
• Experience with MSI (Municipal Software) applications and Applitrack software a plus.
• Demonstrated track record of learning new IT skills
• Must have the ability to work with individuals that have a variety of IT skills from basic to highly experienced.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience writing procedures, knowledge articles, support documentation and conducting training sessions.
• Must possess patience, tact and courtesy along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Position requires a valid Illinois Drivers' License and reliable method of transportation to drive between facilities as needed.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and pass pre-employment physical, drug test, criminal background check and driving record check.
• Provides application support for the District's registration system (RecTrac), time management system (FinTrac) and maintenance work order system (MainTrac).
• Assist with level 1&2 help desk support related to software, IP network, VoIP phones, computers, peripherals, smart phones, etc.
• Basic Windows Server administration, user creation / deletions, password resets, group policy, Active Directory, Exchange, file, print and security management.
• Cisco Call Manager and Unity VoIP administration.
• Provides application support for security camera system (Exacq).
• Develop and maintain technical process and procedure documentation.
• Assists the Director of IT with installation and maintenance of the District's hardware and software upgrades.
• Processes approved technology requests that grant technology access for employees and deactivates technology permissions when employees leave or positions change.
• Configure, deploy, and maintains PC's on a local area network.
• Basic Cisco switch, router, and firewall administration.
• Investigates, diagnoses, solves and prevents viruses, malware and hacking attempts.
• Assists with the development and presentation of training programs. • Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply: Apply by completing online application and attaching resume. Go to the following link:
The Skokie Park District is an equal opportunity employer.
The Facility Supervisor position is responsible for a wide range of tasks including customer service, maintenance duties, assisting at the front desk, rental supervision, overseeing open gym and supervising shows, expos and tournaments. This is a second shift position and requires some weekends. The Facility Supervisor will be directly supervised by the Pavilion Maintenance Supervisor and the Assistant Pavilion Manager.
Duties The Facility Supervisor is responsible for helping with the smooth operation of the facility. The duties include but are not limited to overseeing facility rentals including helping guests to the appropriate rooms, setup, clean up, and monitoring parties are rentals. Supervision of part time recreation, front desk, and maintenance staff as well as assisting the front desk during high traffic periods with registrations, daily visits, customer service, memberships, and open gym. The Facility Supervisor will occasionally have to visit two satellite facilities to assist with rentals. The Facility Supervisor will also provide onsite supervision of small trade shows, expos, and tournaments. Oversee open gym operations and ensure patrons are following code of conduct/rules as well as responding to a variety of issues including scheduling, rentals, customer service, maintenance or other issues that may occur. Communicating issues with program supervisors that may arise during evening programs is also essential.
QUALIFICATIONS The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation and Parks Administration or equivalent degree. Basic computer skills are required as well as the ability to learn Rec Trac 3.1. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, have excellent customer service, communication and decision making skills. Strong organizational habits are recommended and must have a valid driver’s license. Availability: 40 hours per week Monday – Friday with weekend work occurring on a frequent basis. The second shift is flexible but generally 2:00pm – 10:00pm and may work in excess of 40 hours per week to achieve exceptional results. Will be on-call to support personnel and respond to emergencies if needed. Compensation: The base salary is $33,000 - $35,000 as a Full time hourly position. This position qualifies for an IMRF pension, plus full individual benefits.
OAK LAWN PARK DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Employment with the Oak Lawn Park District is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. THOSE APPLICANTS REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE APPLICATION/INTERVIEW PROCESS SHOULD NOTIFY THE SUPERINTENDENT OF SPECIAL FACILITIES.
Description: The Park Specialist II is responsible for performing general park maintenance duties throughout the District.
Job Summary: The individual serves as the lead on all turf grass and tree care maintenance. The position is responsible for District-wide tree hazard assessment, pruning, planting, watering, and removals. As well as all turf grass fertilization, aeration, seeding, irrigation systems, restorations, sodding, etc. Additional duties include, but are not limited to trash removal, athletic field maintenance, parking lot repairs, special events, and snow removal.
Qualifications: Prior experience managing and performing turf grass maintenance and arboriculture and the associated equipment are preferred. The position requires candidates to be able to obtain a valid Illinois Pesticide Operator’s license, CPR/AED certification, and Illinois CDL “C” license upon employment.
Schedule: The Park Specialist II works a schedule of Monday through Friday (6:30 am to 3:00 pm) with overtime for seasonal maintenance, special events, and snow removal.
Benefits We Offer In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefits package, including: • Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF) • Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF) • 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan • Paid Time Off • Park District Facility Discounts an Usage Benefits
Job Title: Business Intern
Salary: $9-$10/hour, 12 weeks - Summer
Reports to: Business Manager
BASIC FUNCTION Business Intern will assist with answering phones, processing registration, filling, reviewing cash journals, and miscellaneous other business department tasks.
Process registration and help the Registration Coordinator during busy times
Review cash journals for discrepancies
File and answer phones
Create basic reports for the Business Manager
Administer First Aid, when required
Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual and Crisis Manual
Direct participants in the event of an emergency, such as fire, severe weather
Attend related training and meetings as requested
Perform other related duties and/or special projects as assigned
Grant Writer and Special Projects Administrator
Compensation: Range: $44,320-$68,941 annual salary depending on qualifications plus excellent benefit package.
Description/Duties: Description: Researches, advances, manages, communicates, and promotes strategic initiatives, grant and special projects for the Waukegan Park District.
Duties: • Research and identify funding sources that include federal and state programs as well as foundation, not for profit, and corporate grants and/or partnerships. • Initiate grants, special projects and collaborations with internal and external entities that advance the strategic plan. • Write effective grant proposals and reports that demonstrate meticulous grammar and spelling, adherence to granting agency guidelines and timetables, thorough analysis and and presentation of the feasibility of the project’s budget, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, successful relationships/contacts with grant agencies, and methods to monitor and report expenditures and progress. • Coordinate intra- and interagency work groups for grants and special projects. • Complete special project assignments from the Executive Director related to affiliate and community relationships, strategic direction, and park district recognition and accreditation. • Establish strong relationships with colleagues, constituents, and various external agencies to forward Waukegan Park District initiatives and strategies. • Generate, compile and maintain tracking systems. • Assess potential collaborative opportunities with high value impact for the Waukegan Park District. • Demonstrate organizational skills and strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, collaboration, leadership, decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear, concise reports and recommendations. • Represent the Waukegan Park District and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various stakeholders and public. • Review and prepare costs for the annual budget. • Attend pertinent departmental/park district meetings and in-house training sessions. • Conduct self in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the park district. • Participate in park district Safety and Training Program to ensure that work performed and services provided are implemented in a safe manner.
Qualifications: Education: Bachelor degree required. Preferred course work in planning, urban studies, geography, architecture, landscape architecture, park and recreation planning, park and recreation management, engineering, or related field. Master degree, equivalent experience or enrollment in a master’s degree program is preferred.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years of experience in grant writing or special project management.
Knowledge: Superior written and oral communications skills. Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills. Proficient with computers and spreadsheet/word processing applications. Familiarity with project management software.
License: Valid driver’s license
Certification: CPRP certification required within three years. First Aid/CPR/AED certification required within one year.
Hours: 8am-5pm Monday through Friday, 40 hours/week, additional hours as needed.
Conditions of Employment: Must submit to a reference check/ employment verification Submit to a state criminal background check Must submit proof of date of birth Submit to random, reasonable cause and post-accident drug and alcohol testing. Submit to a pre-placement physical Submit to a drug and alcohol test TB test Provide verification of education Copy of driver’s license Driver’s abstract. Successfully complete a six (6) month introductory period.