Job Summary: Clerical staff will be responsible for performing a variety of office duties necessary for the day-to-day operation of the park district, under the supervision of the Office Manager. Successful candidate would be detail-oriented and have strong customer service and computer/software skills, including bookkeeping and RecTrac. Qualifications: The best applicants will have the following: • High school diploma or equivalent required. • One to three years previous office experience preferred. • Valid Illinois Driver’s License. • Bookkeeping experience. • Knowledge of relevant software applications, including RecTrac.
Part-Time Finance Assistant
Functions: This is a part-time position under direction of the Director of Finance and HR. The Finance Assistant is responsible for a variety of duties including, but not limited to processing biweekly payroll, including all related journal entries, tax payments, retirement reporting, Time Clock maintenance and all other payroll related functions. This position will also be responsible for various HR related functions such as collecting and reviewing new hire/termination paperwork, completing reporting requirements to various agencies, etc. This position works closely with the Finance area, and all other departments as needed. The Finance Assistant is to provide support to the Finance area while maintaining strict confidentiality and accuracy.
Immediate Supervisor: Reports to the Director of Finance and HR.
• Previous Payroll, Time Clock and HR experience, knowledge, skill and professional development.
• College level accounting and/or HR courses strongly preferred.
• Strong Microsoft Office 2010 skills and experience, especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to become proficient in Incode and Time Clock Plus software.
• Knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices.
• Seasoned professional, committed to confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
• A positive attitude and willingness to provide exceptional support.
• Proficiency with adding machine, data entry and word processing,
• Strong Math skills which include ability to add, subtract and multiply numbers, compute percentages and use logic to problem solve.
• Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and prioritize these tasks in an effective manner.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• First Aid, CPR, AED Certification required, BPD will provide certification class.
Duties and Responsibilities Essential Functions: • Process Bi-Weekly payroll, including tax payments, direct deposit processing, related journal entries and all other payroll related duties. • Monitor and maintain Time Clock Plus system for recording employee hours and subsequent interface with Payroll. • Prepare all monthly and quarterly reporting for IMRF pension plan, Illinois Unemployment reporting, Federal and State 941 returns and other required reporting. • Maintain all payroll records including timesheets and time off requests. • Collect, review for accuracy and completeness and record all new employee, terminated employee, annual increase and other employee status change paperwork. • Review payroll and BPD policies for compliance with Department of Labor and other agency requirements. Suggest and prepare revisions as needed. • Maintain personnel and medical files. • Prepare reports as requested by the Director of Finance and HR. • Prepare and reconcile Annual W-2 forms and Affordable Care Act annual returns. • Maintain a working knowledge of all general and departmental-specific safety rules. Actively support the safety program and related programs including following/enforcing safety rules, reporting accidents and injuries, and developing ideas for the prevention of future incidents. • Provide general assistance as needed.
• Attend educational workshops/seminars when necessary. • Assist in other areas as assigned by the Director of Finance and HR. • Other duties as assigned.
Work Hours and Compensation: The position of Finance Assistance is part time and is paid every two weeks at an agreed salary. The position is classified as a non-exempt hourly employee status and will be approximately 12 - 20 hours per week. Hours will be flexible as agreed to with the Director of Finance and HR with scheduling dependent on job requirement deadlines. The beginning salary range for this position will be based on qualifications.
Environmental Considerations: Performs most activities indoors. Indoor environmental conditions will include lighting and temperature.
• Must be able to follow directions and perform work activities as assigned by the Director of Finance and HR.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and be organized in thought processes and physical tasks. • Must be able to work closely with co-workers and other employees and visitors in the office. • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. • Ability to deal with problems that arise in a calm and reasonable manner. • Must be able to present ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner. • Use good judgment and possess and use effective problem solving skills.
Psychological Considerations: • Must have the ability to handle stressful situations and deal with all situations in a professional and courteous manner. • Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to sensitive information. • Must have the ability to meet deadlines. • Must be organized and capable of handling multiple tasks daily.
• Must be able to sit at a computer keyboard for long periods of time at a desk.
• While performing the duties of this job you are required to stand, walk, and sit. • The ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs. as you will be maintaining boxed records as needed.
To apply please complete an online employment application on our website: www.foxvalleyparkdistrict.org
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and/or training. At least 5 years of work experience in the field of safety or risk management is required or the ability to relate experience and applicability. Relevant safety or risk management certifications are desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Outlook with aptitude to learn other systems/applications. Strong communication skills in both verbal and written format. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License and be able to provide own transportation.
Duties:The Risk Manager is under the direction of the Sr. Director of Finance and Administration and is responsible for general safety and risk management concerns relating to all agency operations, functions, grounds and facilities. This position is responsible for the formulation, implementation and monitoring of procedural policies as they relate to loss prevention, insurance issues, safety, and accident investigation. Works closely with the Park District Risk Management Agency on Loss Control Review every three years and worker’s compensation claims. This position also conducts safety training and other district wide training programs. Will head up the Safety Team and hold monthly meetings and complete monthly Board reports. Will develop and implement various safety incentive programs. The hours of employment may fluctuate to accommodate evening or weekend programs, special events and accident investigations as necessary. This is an at-will position.
The Fox Valley Park District is a dynamic and growing park district that serves a diverse population of more than 233,000 people. Recognized as an Illinois Distinguished Agency, Fox Valley holds the nation’s highest honor as a National Gold Medal Award winner for excellence in park and recreation management. Serving the communities of Aurora, Montgomery and North Aurora, the District maintains 165 parks and 48 miles of interconnected regional trails amid 2,500 acres of parkland. Sharing the shores of the Fox River, our communities are united by the District’s commitment to promote vibrant, healthy lifestyles through fun and safe recreation opportunities that are environmentally and fiscally responsible. The Fox Valley Park District … Where Fun Begins!
The Deerfield Park District is recruiting for a Full-Time Manager of Finance & Human Resources. We offer a competitive compensation with a minimum starting salary of $70,000 + based on experience and qualifications. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending account, 457 plan, IMRF Pension, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, vacation, holidays and sick time.
This position manages the day-to-day accounting, budgeting and cash management functions of the district, as well as all Human Resource activities. Please review the job description and apply online at www.deerfieldparks.org. Job ID #283 under Administration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Park District of Oak Park is recruiting for a Full-Time Finance Manager. We offer a competitive compensation with a minimum starting salary of $51,000 + based on experience and qualifications. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 457 plan(s), IMRF Pension, $300 reimbursement for wellness related activities, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holidays, sick time and personal days.
This position manages the day-to-day accounting, budgeting and cash management functions of the District. Please review the job description and apply online at www.pdop.org, job id#1305.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!