Sports and Leagues Coordinator reports to and is in partnership with the Operations Director of Pearce Community Center.
This position is responsible for the developing, planning, organizing and promotion execution of sports related leagues and tournaments which include, but is not limited to: volleyball league, basketball league, and soccer league. In addition to the above duties, the Sports and Leagues Coordinator is responsible for the following:
• Develop Sports Leagues and Programs to better serve the Chillicothe Community and our members.
• Oversee all sports specific training, sports related leagues, tournaments, and activities.
• Be present at leagues practices and games.
• Host a coach’s clinic at the beginning of every league.
• Host an all players practice prior to the start of every league.
• Establish good communication with volunteer coaches and participants. • Inventory, manage and purchase all leagues equipment
• Develop, build and maintain relationships with local high school coaches to build our program and enhance theirs.
• Develop, update and maintain coach’s manual for each league.
• Work with the marketing manager to promote registration and information on social media and other appropriate media outlets.
• Manage rosters and schedules.
• Deliver high customer service including timely responses to emails, voicemails, and other messages.
• Distribute, with the coaches, the medals and awards at the last game.
• Working with the marketing manager, take pictures of each game and send to him/her to get the picture posted in a timely manner.
• Manage after season surveys and make improvements as necessary.
• Set up with the assistance of the BA’s and tear down field/gyms: nets, balls, goalies, etc.
• Be in attendance for each game on game days, be in attendance at practice days, communicating with parents, coaches, and athletes and patched refs.
• Hire and evaluate our patched refs.
• Provide superior service for our refs – timely payments (working with Administrative Director), water, etc.
• Develop, maintain and execute adult leagues and tournaments like volleyball, basketball, 3v3, dodgeball, etc.
• Build a relationship and develop being a host site for other sports related events.
• Maintain fitness areas throughout the building. Including multiple daily walk-throughs to ensure cleanliness and organization of all fitness areas, while checking the functionality of all machines and equipment.
• Engagement with all members specifically in the fitness areas to provide top notch customer service, which includes fielding questions and engaging in personal conversation to enhance their experience.
• Community outreach – for example, Downtown Thursday’s, Chillicothe Chamber of Commerce meetings, school events, etc.
• Attend all staff meetings.
Qualifications • BA in sports management degree or other related degree • Demonstrate strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills • CPR Certified • Encouraged but not required: Knowledge in fitness training and program management
Submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is August 31, 2017
The Northbrook Park District is seeking passionate and creative Site Directors to work at our Adventure Campus program. Adventure Campus is a before and after school care program for elementary school children. Site Directors lead organized activities for the children, create daily lesson plans, manage multiple Program Instructors and are responsible for the safety of the children at their site.
Position is during the 2017-2018 school year and is part-time. Applicant must be available Monday-Friday from 6:45am-8:30am and 2:45-6:30pm during the school year.
Qualifications: Must be at least 16 years old and have 2 years of experience working with children. Enrollment in, or completion of, a college degree in education, recreation or related field is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities: Plan and implement daily activities for a group of 50-100 children. Daily activities include themed arts and crafts, athletic games and other enrichment play. Supervise Program Instructors and communicate with school personnel and parents on a regular basis.
Apply online: nbparks.org/jobs
This is a seasonal position. Applicant must be available on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 3:00pm-6:00pm during the Winter-Spring and Fall season, plus one Holiday Show in December from 12:00pm-5:00pm, one Dance Rehearsal in April from 3:30pm-8:00pm, and one Dance Recital in April from 12:00pm-5:00pm (January-April; September-December).
The River Forest Park District’s Dance Program is seeking a motivated and experienced Dance Instructor to teach 3-5 and 6-9 year olds starting this Fall season. The Park District’s Fall Dance Program is a 10-week session, concluding with a Holiday Show on December 10th. The instructor will teach a minimum of two classes, and a maximum of four classes (two classes on Tuesday; two classes on Thursday). The amount of classes taught are dependent on class registration numbers.
Qualifications: Minimum one year college. Must have teaching and dance experience, along with strong leadership and communication skills. Must be self-motivated, possess leadership skills, responsible, organized, and have the ability to interact with children age-appropriately. Commit to working the entire length of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities: Independently, the Dance Instructor will create, plan and instruct weekly dance instruction and choreography for 3-5 year olds and 6-9 year olds. The Dance Instructor must regularly communication with the Recreation Services Manager and with parents in the program. Ideal candidates will excel in creative choreography and child development. A strong candidate is self-motivated and practices good time management. Candidate must follow and adhere to our safety and positive discipline policy.
The Park District of Oak Park is hiring Seasonal Staff for our afterschool program. We call it Clubhouse. The season is August 2017 to June 2018. The hours are: Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri: 2:45-6pm, Wed. 1:45-6pm. School’s Out Days: Hours vary based on program length and registration. Holiday Break Camp: Hours vary based on program length and registration
The Clubhouse Staff are responsible for the supervision and safety of all Clubhouse, School’s Out Days, Holiday Break Camp program, Kids Night Out participants and will be scheduled to assist with various evening/weekend programs as needed throughout the year. Program staff will provide quality customer service to the families and community members of Oak Park.
Please review the Clubhouse positions and apply at www.pdop.org, job id#1264, 1265, 1266.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!
Recreation and Administrative Intern: Temporary Position $9 - $9.75 per hour.
Individuals interested in enhancing their administrative skill set, learning the ins and outs of recreation management, and assisting with events should apply for this position. This is a great opportunity to develop your skill set and work with the community. This position also has the opportunity to lead classes and help improve the quality of the department.
DESCRIPTION: The Riverside Parks & Recreation Department is seeking a creative, independent thinker for an intern position with hours can be flexible, but staff is typically in the afternoon and evening hours. This internship will include a comprehensive experience within the district's operations. Role at the department will involve assistance within administration, programming, staff management, facility management, day camp, special events, and marketing. Internship schedule includes night and weekend hours. The ideal candidate has office experience and is quick learner with computer programming and office administrative tasks.
RESPONSIBILITES: Administrative tasks included but not limited to – data entry, filing, answering phones, email correspondence, RecTrac, flyers, and schedule coordination. Obey and enforce the practical safety rules, regulations and procedures established by the park district safety program that are pertinent to the activities conducted by the department.
NECESSARY SKILLS: Able to coordinate numerous projects at once while working deadlines. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain a well-established working relationship with staff, media, and members. Superb customer service skills. Ability to solve problems independently in a professional manner. Ability to perform duties with initiative, persistence, creativity, integrity, good judgment, tact, and courtesy. Ability to create documents, databases, and spreadsheets in the Microsoft Office and the department’s database.
SEASON/HOURS/DAYS: July through February. Hours and days vary weekly depending on school and Parks & Recreation requirements and responsibilities. Schedule is arranged upon start of internship and includes evenings and weekends. COMPENSATION: Temporary Position $9 - $9.75 per hour. 20 – 30 hours weekly.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply at www.riverside.il.us and complete the on-line application under the Departments tab/Parks & Recreation/ General Information/ Employment Opportunities, Recreation & Administrative Internship.