The Berwyn Park District Early Childhood program is the first exposure to park district programming and educational experiences for many families within the City of Berwyn. The positive focus and administration of the programming and classes focus on the concept of “learning through play”. The district takes great pride in the cooperative efforts with School District 100 and accolades from parents in relation to pre-kindergarten screening scores and educational knowledge of children completing the early childhood program as they enter District 100 Kindergarten. The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this analysis.
The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager is an hourly full-time position. Nights, weekends and holidays are required with this position as scheduled. Proficiency in both English and Spanish is desirable.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Education or Early Childhood Education, or a bachelor’s degree in recreation management, and at least 5 years experience in a field related to education or recreation is required. The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager should possess good supervisory, composition and oral communication skills, as well as possess competency in the use of computer systems as they pertain to the Early Childhood department.
The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager must be familiar with all licensing regulations as set by the Department of Children and Family Services, as these are our best practice guidelines. Must be familiar with children’s physical, emotional, and developmental patterns. Must be knowledgeable in the areas of curriculum planning, in-service staff training, program goal setting, and evaluating the progress of individual children. Must possess the ability to implement and operate a recreation program consistent with the needs of the residents of the District within the financial resources and physical plant available.
The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager must pass a criminal background check, drug test, and physical exam, all of which are paid for by the Berwyn Park District, and also possess a valid Illinois class “D” driver’s license and maintain an adequate driving record.
The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager is not required to reside in Berwyn. However, given the nature of the duties and responsibilities of this position, he/she is required to live within a 45 minute response time to Park District facilities (i.e. be able to be physically present at the facilities within 45 minutes of receiving a telephone call requesting or necessitating such presence) and he/she must be reasonably accessible in person or by phone or other electronic communications device at all times except during periods of excused absence.
Immediate Supervisor: The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager is under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation.
Environmental Considerations: 1. The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager is exposed to outside weather conditions up to 20% of the time, including extreme heat and cold, snow, rain, ice, day and night conditions, and high levels of pollen. He/she is exposed to varying levels of humidity, temperature, and light when working indoors.
Cognitive Considerations: 1. The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager must be able to give assignments to ensure safe follow through and completion. 2. The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager must use safety awareness and judgement. 3. The Early Childhood and Recreation Manager must be able to read, write, and prepare specifications and instructions.
Starting Salary Range: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour plus benefits.
Contact: Mike Gianatasio, Superintendent of Recreation - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: John Keenan
Contact Email: JKeenan@fspd.org
Contact Phone: 815-469-3524
Closing Date: $38,000 - $45,000 depending upon qualifications plus excellent benefits package.
The Athletic Supervisor needs to be motivated, organized, and have excellent communication skills.
The Athletic Supervisor is responsible for F.A.N. (Frankfort Square Activities at North) – a $110 million dollar high school fitness facility exclusively available to district residents. Residents have access to fitness equipment, weight room, indoor track, and badminton, basketball, pickleball, and volleyball courts in the field house. The Athletic Supervisor coordinates all of the fitness classes and is responsible for the scheduling of club/private team usage inside and outside the facility.
Square Links Golf Course, a USGA 2018 Member Club, is a ten hole executive golf course. The Athletic Supervisor will oversee the daily operations as well as leagues, lessons, special events, and programming at the golf course.
Finally, the Athletic Supervisor is responsible for the creation, organization, supervision, and evaluation of adult and youth athletic programs, leagues and tournaments, scheduling of district-wide facilities and athletic fields.
Once again, excellent communication and organizational skills are critical to this position as well as the ability to plan, implement, and supervise and lead programs, events, and staff. The Athletic Supervisor’s schedule is flexible, including evening and weekend hours, as required by programming, to produce excellent results.
• Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in park and recreation administration or related field.
• A minimum of two years of responsible supervisory experience in a recreation setting.
• Valid State of Illinois driver’s license.
• Upon employment, ability to complete CPR/AED/First Aid instructor training.
• Knowledge of relevant software applications.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and references to:
John Keenan, Superintendent of Recreation
Frankfort Square Park District
7540 W. Braemar Lane
Frankfort, Illinois 60423
The Athletic Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises a variety of youth and adult athletic and fitness programs; travel teams, leagues, and tournaments. This is a full-time position with benefits (e.g., Health/Dental Insurance and Life Insurance). Applicants must have two years experiences in athletic, fitness, and or recreation programming.
Bachelor’s Degree in recreation or a closely related field.
An equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid state driver's license or ability to obtain one. First Aid and CPR/AED certification. Able to pass a criminal background check.
Specific Skills: Considerable knowledge of recreation philosophy, planning and administration; Considerable knowledge of the equipment, facilities, operations and techniques used in a comprehensive aquatic and fitness program. Skilled in operation of listed tools and equipment; Must be able to interpret community needs and interests, as well as possess the ability to grasp ideas and concepts, analyze and implement them. Must possess the ability to organize, prepare and present both written and verbally, information to individual and groups. Must be highly organized and demonstrate the ability to use time and materials in an effective manner. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, instructors, community leaders, and the general public. Must possess motivation and skills in the management of personnel and facilities. Must be customer friendly and team driven Must possess required computer skills and be proficient in RecTrac
Work Hours: 10am - 6pm 8 hour shift / May have schedule adjustments to cover Athletic Programs / Occasional weekend or evenings Youth Basketball League and or special events
The Recreation Coordinator is a full time position under the direct supervision of the Director of Parks & Recreation. The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating: youth and adult athletic programs, concessions management, facility management, trips and a few special events. This position is also responsible for recruiting, training and supervising part-time and seasonal staff. This position will work a minimum of forty hours a week, Monday through Friday and evenings and weekends as required. Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field is required or equivalent experience.
To apply, all applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment through the City’s website at: http://www.ci.galesburg.il.us/city_initiatives/human_resources/.
FOR AN INFORMATIONAL BROCHURE ON THE POSITION, PLEASE VISIT http://www.cofh.org/DocumentCenter/View/610/Member-Services-Manager-Position-Announcement-Brochure-Packet---Draft
AN OFFICIAL CITY APPLICATION (attached to the above PDF), COVER LETTER, AND RESUME ARE DUE TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE VIA E-MAIL AT HR@COFH.ORG OR VIA MAIL TO THE CITY OF FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS - ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES, 10025 BUNKUM ROAD, FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, IL 62208 NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM ON MAY 26, 2018.
The City of Fairview Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
MEMBER SERVICES MANAGER
SUMMARY OF POSITION Under the direction of the Facility Manager, the Member Services Manager is responsible for all planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Fairview Heights Recreation Complex’s marketing, advertising, communication, and sponsoring efforts regarding membership programs. Additionally, the Member Services Manager is the point of reference for all marketing and front desk operations for the Recreation Complex and supervises the daily activities of member services staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES (Essential functions including the following and the Physical Requirements listed below):
• Acts as a representative of the Fairview Heights Recreation Complex in the community and maintains a professional image
• Provides outstanding and results-driven customer service
• Acts with a sense of urgency and responds in a timely manner to complaints, questions, and inquiries from members and the public in regards to the Recreation Complex’s services
• Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, disciplining, and supervising member services staff
• Supports and supervises the daily operations of the membership services team
• Develop goals and action plans with the Facility Manager for membership development and retention, including sponsorships
• Develops, maintains, and manages a balanced budget for the Recreation Complex’s marketing and membership programs
• Coordinates the development and management of marketing and membership programs to meet the needs of the community and members of the Recreation Complex to achieve short and long term Recreation Complex goals
• Develops, promotes, and advertises new and existing programs in coordination with management staff to promote increased enrollment and participation in all aspects and programs of the Recreation Complex
• Determines the annual membership profit plans in coordination with the Facility Manager by forecasting and developing annual membership sales goals; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending prices, and monitoring regional competition
• Develops and implements strategy for increasing non-membership dues revenue
• Compiles member usage statistics and conducts market research on an ongoing basis to ensure the Recreation Complex is offering the community and members current demands
• Ability to seek out new relationships with sponsors, facilities, and businesses and maintain these partnerships on an ongoing basis
• Frequently review membership sales numbers and statistics with management staff to identify potential revenue gaps & modify advertising of programs for the Recreation Complex
• Attends trainings, meetings, and seminars on an ongoing basis to stay up to date on current developments and standards in the marketing and recreation industry
• Assist the Facility Manager and staff as necessary in planning and executing events and day-to-day operations of the Recreation Complex
• Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed
• Other duties as assigned by Facility Manager and/or his/her designee
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field required
• Three (3) to five (5) years related experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or related required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud-In Design, Photo Shop, as well as expertise with publishing, sales, and marketing software
• CPR, First Aid, and AED Certified, or the ability to become certified within one (1) month of hire
• Valid Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Results-driven and motivational management style, high degree of initiative
• Ability to write strategic plans and analyze markets and marketing potential
• Skilled at writing promotional and membership materials and developing public correspondence
• Ability to make a sales pitch, be comfortable with fundraising, and recruit new partnerships
• Salesmanship and the ability to inspire and motivate prospective members
• Confidence in proposing new and innovative ideas to management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
• Accurate, professional English writing and public speaking skills
• Knowledge of common office equipment, such as the use of a phone, printer, copy and fax machine, scanning equipment and software, and the ability to learn and adapt to new equipment
• Ability to write reports and correspondence without grammatical or typographical errors
• Ability to organize, keep accurate records, and prioritize multiple tasks
• Knowledge of online social marketing tools and skillful use of various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, etc
• Ability to operate and adapt to various platforms of technology, such as an iPad, laptop, personal computer, Smart TVs, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts within the Recreation Complex. The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud. Extended workdays and varied hours are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays, to support the needs and demands of the Recreation Complex.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Travel to seminars, conferences, and fairs is required occasionally.
• This position requires the ability to talk, hear, and see.
• The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time using a computer monitor and keyboard; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee will also be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch to pick things up or move displays around.
• Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.