JOB SUMMARY Responsible for the development, management, and promotion of the District’s aquatics programs, classes, and special events at the Pavilion Aquatics Center and Rainbow Falls Waterpark. Responsible for party hosts and building attendants at Rainbow Falls Community Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Directly supervise all swim lesson instructors, swim lesson coordinators, aqua wellness instructors, aqua camp directors, aqua camp instructors, and swim team coaches in the following processes: hiring, firing, training, assigning, supervising, and evaluating.
• Directly supervise party hosts at RBF and PAC in the following processes: hiring, firing, training, supervising and evaluating.
• Directly supervise building attendants at Rainbow Falls Community Center in the following processes: hiring, firing, training, supervising and evaluating.
• Assist the Aquatics Manager in the following processes: recruiting, hiring, firing, training, assigning, supervising, and evaluating all aquatic staff.
• Responsible for the development of the aquatics program budget and will assist with other aquatics departmental budgets, risk management procedures, and operational procedures for all aquatic facilities.
• Assist in mentoring aquatics staff including pool managers, lifeguards, cashiers, swim lesson instructors, swim lesson coordinators, aqua wellness instructors, and the swim team head coach.
• Oversee an effective staff work schedule for seasonal and year-round aqua wellness instructors, swim lesson coordinator, and swim coaches at all aquatic facilities.
• Train and certify seasonal and year-round swim lesson instructors per current certification standards.
• Responsible for creating, planning, implementing, supervising, and evaluating all instructional and recreational aquatics programs at the District’s aquatics facilities within the District’s goals and objectives.
• Prepare payroll for all aquatic staff, including time adjustments.
• Manage pools during lap swim, open swim, swim team, and special events when scheduling conflicts arise or as deemed necessary by the Aquatics Manager.
• Assist Aquatics Manager in preparing and editing seasonal brochures and District website for the aquatics department. • Supervise the aqua wellness program including creating new programs, scheduling classes, maintaining supplies, and continue education through certifications. • Manage the District’s swim team program including: coaching staff, registration, scheduling of swim meets, training schedules, attending monthly coaches meetings and maintaining ISI accounts. • Work with the marketing department to ensure communication of facility information and promotion of events. • Create promotional materials for aquatic programs and facilities. • Assist Aquatics Manager in the implementation and enforcement of employee policies and procedures. • Develop detailed reports and analysis and make recommendations for continuous improvements. • Assist the Aquatics Manager with training and certifying seasonal and year-round lifeguards. • Assist with community wide special events not specifically related to aquatics programming area. • Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules. • Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS • Familiar with current water safety program (i.e., Ellis / Red Cross / StarGuard). • Assist in direct operational responsibilities, as needed. • Prepare and submit reports, as needed. • Lead and participate in organizational work teams.
• Must work closely with co-workers.
• Must work under supervision and direction of the Aquatics Manager.
• Responsible for the safety of the general public in the pool and on the pool deck including the ability to make decisions to assure safety in and around the aquatic facilities.
• Able to work under stressful situations when First Aid or CPR is required, including the ability to respond quickly and accurately to any and all emergencies.. • Works in a wide range of weather conditions which can include cold, rain, and extreme heat. • Must be able to give instructions to pool managers, lifeguards, cashiers, and pool attendants. • Must be safety conscientious and use good judgment at all times. • Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS
Sitting – frequently Walking – frequently Strength – 1- 50lbs. Climbing – occasionally Balancing – occasionally Stooping – occasionally Kneeling – occasionally Crouching – occasionally Crawling – occasionally Reaching – frequently Handling – frequently Feeling – occasionally
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS • Strong written and verbal communication skills. • Knowledge of aquatic operations. • Fairness in dealing with people. • Ability to demonstrate effective decision making and problem solving skills. • Skilled in working with computers and database programs. • Organizational ability. • Ability to supervise, organize, and create aquatic programs. • Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions. • Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE • Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the area of recreation or facility management or related field or equivalent combination of school and work experience. • Starfish Swimming Instructor Trainer Certification or ability to obtain certification within first 6 months. • Ellis & Associates International Lifeguard Instructor Certification or ability to obtain certification within first 6 months. • Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.elkgroveparks.org
Location: Blackberry Farm 100 S. Barnes Road, Aurora IL 60506 Website: www.foxvalleyparkdistrict.org Salary: $41,600+ DOQ
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Administration, Tourism, Event Management or related field with two to three years related experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in sales or special event programming preferred. Experience and understanding of park and recreation administration, supervision, personnel procedures, safety and program planning is required. Enthusiastic, friendly and prior customer service experience preferred. Excellent customer service skills with strong communication skills in both verbal and written format. Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to learn additional software programs. Familiarity with RecTrac program a plus. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Must be well organized, have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Effective at building community relationships a plus. Must have a valid IL driver’s license and provide own transportation.
Duties: Under the direction and supervision of the Facility Manager, the Rental & Events Supervisor is responsible for developing and implementing non-historical programs, birthday parties, and special events and coordinates the scheduling and promotion of all facility rentals and group admissions. This position oversees the planning, budgeting, organizing, publicizing, staffing, scheduling and safety of all assigned areas to meet the needs of our customers and the community. The Rental & Events Supervisor will also be responsible for developing a business plan, sales goals and promotion for the wedding venue at Blackberry Farm. This role oversees the planning, hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of the front desk operations, including the IMRF Guest Service Representative and all assigned rental and programming staff. This individual is responsible for providing financial reports and evaluation/analysis as related to programs, research regarding potential programs and any correspondence needed. Other duties include but are not limited to: updating brochure, public relations including news releases, program management, purchasing, class instruction, staff training, and other duties as assigned. This is an at-will position.
The Fox Valley Park District is a dynamic and growing park district that serves a diverse population of more than 236,000 people. Recognized as an Illinois Distinguished Agency, Fox Valley holds the nation’s highest honor as a National Gold Medal Award winner for excellence in park and recreation management. Serving the communities of Aurora, Montgomery and North Aurora, the District maintains 168 parks and 48 miles of interconnected regional trails amid 2,500 acres of parkland. Sharing the shores of the Fox River, our communities are united by the District’s commitment to promote vibrant, healthy lifestyles through fun and safe recreation opportunities that are environmentally and fiscally responsible.
The Fox Valley Park District … Where Fun Begins!
To apply please complete an online employment application on our website, and submit cover letter with resume to:
Contact: Diana Erickson, Senior Director of Finance and Administration Phone: (630) 897-0516 Contact E-mail: email@example.com Address: 101 West Illinois Ave., Aurora, IL 60506 Fax: (630) 897-6896
Duties: The Recreation Supervisor is a full time position under the direct supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation. The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating: preschool program, early childhood recreation programs, youth recreation programs, teen recreation programs, before and after school program, birthday parties, babysitting services and day camp. This position is also responsible for recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating part-time and seasonal instructors, preschool teachers, before and after school staff and day camp staff. This position will work a minimum of forty hours a week, Monday through Friday and evenings and weekends as required.
Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years of experience at the supervisory level with a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Administration or related field preferred, certification as a CPRP desirable. Valid Illinois Driver’s License required. Good written and oral communication skills. Exceptional skills in working tactfully and harmoniously with subordinates, co-workers, supervisors, department heads, Board of Commissioners and community supporters.
Description: Under the direction of the Manager of Aquatics and Fitness, the Recreation Supervisor is responsible for all operations related to aquatics at the indoor pool, Hidden Creek Aqua Park and Rosewood Beach. This includes, but is not limited to, the supervision of lifeguards and scheduling of pool activities and programs at the indoor pool. The Recreation Supervisor will also oversee all hiring, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluating of lifeguards and swim instructors at the aquatics facilities.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, with a degree in Business, Recreation or Sports & Exercise Facility Management or related field or experience in Park Administration or five years progressive successful experience in the field and training. Experience should not be measured in time alone; quality of previous experience as well as its similarity to the needs of the current position should be a determining factor. Must have 2-4 years of management or supervisory experience. Preference given to experience in aquatics and certifications as a Lifeguard Instructor and CPO/AFO.
Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of the theory and philosophy of recreation for leisure time and the ability to interpret this philosophy to others in the form of planning, organizing and supervising programming and personnel. Ability to apply education, training and work experience to improve performance of organization.
Responsibilities: The Recreation Supervisor’s primary responsibilities will be to manage a team of lifeguard supervisors, lifeguards, swimming instructors, aqua aerobics instructors and additional support staff as needed. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. The Recreation Supervisor will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, delegating and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: Excellent benefit package, including health, dental, and pension.
Hours: Hours and schedules may vary depending on seasonal workloads and needs.
Apply: To apply for this full-time position, please visit our website at www.pdhp.org to submit an application, cover letter and resume.
E.O.E: The Park District of Highland Park is an equal opportunity employer.
Recreation Supervisor – Forever Young & Summer Camp 40 hours a week, working primarily weekdays
Salary & Benefits Include: $37,000/year starting salary Full benefits package including health insurance, IMRF Pension, paid time off, program discounts and complimentary pool & fitness center memberships for you and your immediate family.
The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for the development and administration of a broad range of creative, customer-driven programs including Forever Young day trips, overnight trips, and special events and the summer Awesome Advenure Camp program. This position requires the coordination and supervision of all programmatic operations including staff hiring, training, and management, program development, brochure production, marketing, budget maintenance, revenue generation, expense control, and customer service.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or related field preferred. • Minimum of two years related programmatic and supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Knowledge of summer camp and adult/senior programming trends preferred. • Strong leadership, management and organizational skills. Detail-oriented and able to multi-task. Self-motivated and able to problem-solve with minimal direction. Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to interact with all ages and levels of employees. Experience with budget management, negotiating, and analyzing financial reports. • Proficiency with Microsoft Office. • A valid Illinois drivers license is necessary. Must be able to pass a post-offer background check and physical.
To apply, please visit the “Work Here” section of our website at www.csparks.org to submit your resume and complete an online application.