Job Title: Building Custodian I
Reports to: Building Services Supervisor
HOURS: Thr 7:00-3:30pm, Fri 7:30-4:00pm, Sat 6:00-2:30pm, Sun 6:00-2:30pm, Mon 7:00-3:30pm
Perform general and routine custodial maintenance and minor building repairs at the Administrative and Leisure Center, Prairie Lake Community Center, West Park Lodge Building, Arndt Park Lodge Building, Cumberland Terrace and the Golf Center.
- Performs general building custodial duties for maintaining floors both carpeted and tile.
- Clean hallways, restrooms, office areas and glass doors and windows.
- Perform deep cleaning of decks at Golf Center.
- Perform rental setups as scheduled in classroom, gymnasium and Lodge Buildings
- Inspects buildings for maintenance needs and safety hazards.
- Performs snow removal and spreading of de-icer on outside walkways.
- Must be able to help with weekend building openings and closings.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work special events when needed.
- Assist administrative staff with special maintenance requests.
- Periodically clean health club.
- May be required to perform overtime work as requested or required.
- Attend related training to expand skills and knowledge
- Assist patrons with providing information as requested.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Experience: Six months related experience.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certified, Classes available through Park District upon hire
Valid Illinois Driver’s License