Niles Park District is excited to offer an array of summer internship opportunities for current college students and recent graduates. Enthusiastic and driven applicants are encouraged to submit their credentials for openings in the following areas:
• Aquatic Facility Operations
• General Recreation and Summer Camps
• Golf Course Operations
• Ice Rink Operations
• Park Services & Grounds Keeping
Interns can expect to work 20-35 hours per week. Specific job responsibilities will vary by facility. Interns will gain experience across a wide range of essential tasks, including: revenue & inventory control, programming, staff supervision, customer service, special event planning & implementation, and marketing. Requirements applicable to all positions include:
• Area of study in Recreation / Leisure Studies or related field.
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to respectfully and effectively communicate with fellow staff, program participants, and facility users of all ages.
• Must have current CPR / AED and First Aid certification (or be able to attend Niles Park District training to become certified).
For more information, or to apply, please contact Peter Dubs at 847-583-2735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org