The Northbrook Park District is seeking a proactive, resourceful, and detail-oriented professional to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and serve as a liaison to the Park District Board. The position oversees a small team of administrative support staff and must exercise independent judgment with prioritization of work and handle confidential material. Position is full-time with excellent benefits and is scheduled for Monday – Friday with some evening duties.
Qualifications: A four-year degree with experience in Recreation/Municipal government preferred, supplemented by 7 years administrative experience with a minimum of 3 years of supporting executive-level staff. Thorough knowledge and previous responsibility for Board Meeting agenda preparation. Ability to independently complete research work and write professional-level correspondence. Proficient in MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Duties include, but not limited to,
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and serves as liaison to the Board of Commissioners.
- Prepares agendas, notices and minutes for Board meetings; collects all materials to be presented to the Board prior to meetings; coordinates meeting set-up and clean-up; attends all Board and Committee meetings.
- Attends all Senior Leadership Team meetings.
- Provides assistance to Divisional Directors with specific projects as well as oversees District-wide projects and strategic initiatives.
- Foundation implementation work.
- Acts as the District Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer and Open Meetings Act (OMA) designee.
- Performs research work and compiles information for Executive Director, Board, Park District Attorney, and Division Directors.
- Coordinates training and travel bookings for staff as directed.
- Oversees District records management process.
- Timely and professional preparation of inquiries, letter, reports, forms and District correspondence.
- General administrative duties to include schedule management, meeting preparation set-up and takedown logistics, filing, mailings, photocopying, faxing, binding books, etc.
View the full position description at nbparks.org/jobs.
To apply, submit an application, along with a resume and cover letter online at nbparks.org/jobs.