The Woodridge Park District has an opening for the position of a Recreation Supervisor. This is a full-time exempt position whose work week may exceed 40 hours a week and does include working some evenings and weekends. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the administration of early-childhood, youth and teen programming and special events as well as other programming as assigned.
POSITION: Recreation Supervisor
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in recreation, leisure services or a related field.
• One year experience in the field of youth and teen programming preferred.
• Certified Park & Recreation Professional preferred.
• Valid driver's license.
• CDL license or the ability to obtain a CDL license.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher. Other software applications such as Adobe Acrobat.
• High level of organizational skills.
• Additional professional accreditations a plus.
RESPONSIBILITY: A Recreation Supervisor is responsible for a variety of recreational activities and programs under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Recreation including but not limited to the supervision of early-childhood, youth and teen programming as well as other special events. Duties include the preparation of recreation budget including revenue and expenditures for all assigned programs; assuming responsibility for the entire operation of the program areas assigned to include: planning, organizing, and implementing each individual program; making coordinating arrangements; preparing schedules and regulations; introducing new ideas, updating old activities, and making general recommendations for improvement of programs. A full job description is available upon request.
ATTRIBUTES: We are seeking a dedicated individual who is self-sufficient, strives for excellence and is very people oriented; able to think creatively; familiar with sound business planning and financial responsibilities; has strong organizational, written & oral communication skills; is detailed oriented; skilled in time management; and able to problem solve in unexpected situations.
SALARY RANGE: Starting $41,700 based on experience
CLOSING DATE: Position will be open until filled
SEND RESUME & APPLICATION TO:
Woodridge Park District, Connie Curry, HR Manager 2600 Center Drive Woodridge, IL 60517 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The application can be picked up at the Community Center at the address listed above or obtained from www.woodridgeparks.org