POSITION SUMMARY: The Aquatics Coordinator assists the Aquatics Supervisor in daily tasks including communicating with the public and with the aquatics staff regarding aquatics programming and facility operations. The Aquatics Coordinator is a part-time position with a normal workweek of 25 - 40 hours including night and weekend hours.
1. Assist Aquatics Supervisor with daily tasks and various projects including, but not limited to, brochure, payroll, staff scheduling, and budgeting.
2. Communicate with the public in reference to the swim lesson program, swim team, and facility operations through e-mail, telephone, and in-person contact.
3. Act as administrative liaison for the Hurricanes and Cyclones Swim Teams.
4. Prepare and process refunds when appropriate.
5. Assist with swim lesson programming.
6. Facilitate all in-service trainings.
7. Book group rentals and birthday parties at the Spray ‘N Play facility.
8. Substitute for aquatics staff when needed.
9. Makes recommendations and works to ensure that the Park District is in compliance with all ADA guidelines for registration, programs and facilities.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Associates Degree or higher preferred.
• Lifeguard Certification required (Starguard preferred) within 30 days of hire.
• Aquatics experience preferred.
STARTING SALARY: Depending on Experience