The Tot Learning Center is the Skokie Park District's state-of-the-art, year-round, full day childcare center serving infants through five-year-old children. TLC is licensed by the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) and is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). We offer an exceptional workplace, and an excellent immediate benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment. We are proud of other benefits offered to full-time staff. Some of our key benefit offerings are highlighted below:
• Generous paid vacation, sick and personal leave
• Participation in IMRF (a defined benefit pension plan), and other voluntary retirement plans
• Life insurance
• Continuing education benefits and participation at job related seminars and conferences
• 8 paid holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Disability benefits provided by IMRF
• Facility Usage benefits for employee and their immediate family
• Discounted rates for the following programs: preschool, childcare at our full service day care center, enrollment in our before/after school childcare program and summer camp programs
Pay: $40,000 ($19.23/hour) to $45,000 ($21.63/hour) starting range, depending on qualifications and experience. This is a non-exempt position, eligible for overtime pay.
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years of age. At a minimum, must possess a CDA Credential or an Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or a related field; prefer Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field from an accredited college or university. Prefer prior experience as a child care teacher at a DCFS licensed, NAEYC accredited facility. Must be able to meet all DCFS licensing standards for a childcare worker. Must possess excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills and have a strong interest in teaching young children. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, criminal background check and driving record check.
Duties: The TLC Teacher shall perform duties necessary to implement a childcare program that meets the needs of the children enrolled in the program and their families. Young children range in age from six (6) weeks to five (5) years of age.
Duties will include:
• Serves as the lead head classroom teacher; plans and implements age appropriate activities promoting the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of the children.
• Provides a classroom environment that is stimulating, inviting and geared toward the needs of the children.
• Provides a flexible program that is responsive to the immediate needs or demands of a particular child or situation.
• Demonstrates respect and sensitivity to a child's socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, religious backgrounds and individual needs and capabilities.
• Supervises assigned part-time classroom staff that may include 1) staff that meets DCFS teacher qualifications; and 2) teacher assistants. • Assists the Center Director with staff evaluations.
• Establishes a nurturing relationship with the children and serves as an appropriate role model for staff and children.
• Assures that the diapering and toiletry needs of the children are met.
• Prepares weekly lesson plans and submits to Center Director timely. Posts lesson plans for families to view.
• Creates newsletters and other family communications.
• Ensures that the classroom has all the necessary supplies needed for the program. Informs the Center Manager when supplies are running short.
• Assures that classroom equipment and toys are sanitized regularly per DCFS standards.
• Maintains necessary records and reports. Communicates both verbally and in writing with parents sharing details of the child's day.
• Prepares and conducts parent conferences.
• Participates in mandatory staff training, staff meetings and other program related activities that may take place during the work day, or early evening hours or weekend hours.
• Follows all DCFS and NAEYC standards and guidelines for all work.
• Assists with new enrollment intakes, parent orientation and other program related activities.
• Performs other duties as requested.
To apply: Complete online employment application, attach resume and copy of educational transcript https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6180292.careers?ApplyToJob=436630083. Apply early as interviewing will begin promptly.
The Skokie Park District is an equal opportunity employer.