Under immediate supervision, performs work of routine difficulty in the landscaping and maintenance of campus grounds.
Professional turf maintenance or landscaping experience, to include professional snow removal. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in required duties. Some experience in grounds equipment repair. Valid Illinois Driver's License.
High school diploma.
Two years' experience in professional turf maintenance or landscaping. Two years in professional snow removal. Experienced in grounds equipment repair. Illinois Pesticide Operators license. Valid Illinois Driver's license.
Knowledge of grounds equipment including mowers, trimmers, and all types of vehicles, and the upkeep and repair of all equipment and tools.
This position requires post offer, reasonable suspicion, random, and post-accident alcohol and controlled substance tests at the College’s expense for this position. Required to be scheduled on call from October to April to aid in snow emergencies. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds. Must be able to bend, reach, and work on hands and knees if necessary. Uniform appearance must be clean and in good wear. No holes, tears or cutoffs will be allowed. Must wear solid soled shoes. No sneakers without written documentation from Physician or Building and Grounds Manager. Usually good conditions, but could be exposed to harsh weather and long hours in emergency situations. Position requires extensive walking and the ability to climb stairs and ladders. Required uniforms supplied by the College of DuPage. Must pass physical exam at College expense.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
The Golf Course General Manager is responsible for the overall administration and operation of the Downers Grove Golf Club according to the policies and procedures of the Downers Grove Park District. The General Manager works closely with the Grounds Superintendent to ensure the highest quality course conditions are maintained, while managing food and beverage services, golf programming, and overall course operations to support an exceptional guest experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: • Provide clear leadership and direction for all Golf Course operations, including food and beverage services, grounds maintenance, golf programming, sales and merchandising, and customer service. Ensures that all areas of operation are achieving goals, and maintain strong, cooperative working relationships. • Deliver outstanding and consistent levels of service through the communication of clear job expectations; planning, monitoring, mentoring, counseling, and management of employees. • Consistently applies quality and customer service standards to analyze and resolve service problems; identify trends; and to support recommendations for system improvements. • Develops and manages all golf programming across the Park District. Responsible for all events held at the golf course including outings, social events, and clubhouse rentals. • Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes. Works closely with the Director of Enterprise Development to develop business plans and conduct data benchmarking. • Actively works to implement business plans and strategic goals to grow rounds/revenue at the course through sales and retention. • Establish and meet sales goals for outings, programming and facility services, while maintaining the highest standards for all aspects of the course. (e.g. golf, food & beverage, recreation activities and other property services). • Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees for golf operations and concessions staff. • Partner closely with Finance and Marketing teams to create and execute programming, marketing plans, promotions and pricing strategies. • Responsible for all merchandising within the clubhouse and on the course including all ordering, inventory, and display of all pro shop items, food & beverage inventory, and supplies. • Create and execute short term and long term operational and financial plans for the club. Ensure financial targets are being met consistently through the development and implementation of the annual budget. Schedule expenditures, analyze and forecast results on a daily/weekly basis and adjust as needed to achieve targets. Ensure daily sales are balanced and appropriately recorded. • Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the art practices, participating in professional societies. • Education/Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of leadership (Manager/Asst. Manager) experience in golf industry.
• Demonstrates an understanding of course administration and operation practices and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proficiency with Teesnap preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• BASSET and food and beverage certified according to state and county requirements.
• CPR/AED certified • Valid Illinois driver’s license
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Marian Olund, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunset Customer Service Manager (full-time)
Summary: Under the supervision of the Facility Manager, the Customer Service Manager provides a wide range of front desk operations and secretarial duties as assigned by Geneva Park District staff. This position includes duties both within the administrative office as well as operations of BestLife Fitness at Sunset Community Center. Hours will vary and include evenings and weekends.
Supervisor: The Customer Service Manager reports to the Facility Manager, Superintendent of Recreation, and the Executive Director.
Qualifications: Graduate of a college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in recreation administration or closely related field; three years full time experience in public recreation facility management; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Certification by a professional association and record of ongoing participation in continuing education seminars and workshops is desirable.
Essential Functions: 1. Answer phones and greet Geneva Park District patrons / BestLife Fitness members in a pleasant and cheerful manner.
Maintain accurate and current records including personnel, payroll, daily attendance, daily receipts, memberships, registration, inventory and schedules, and other miscellaneous statistics as necessary for the operation and management of the facility and fitness center.
Evaluate the effectiveness of services provided at the facility and make recommendations on modifications of existing services and the introduction of new services.
Implement operating procedures established by the Superintendent of Recreation, Executive Director and the Board of Commissioners.
Process program registration forms and all other follow up requirements of registration including class input procedures.
Process memberships and all follow-up requirements for BestLife Fitness, including monthly membership renewals and cancellations.
Assist with inventory and reporting of office supplies and vending machine sales.
Assist with keeping front desk, back workroom and hallway/bulletin board areas organized and updated with current information.
Assist in maintaining calendars & reservations for picnic shelters and distribute to supervisors.
Assist with class cancellations/waitlists/class changes, etc
Perform daily duties of BestLife Fitness including cash register transactions, washing towels, maintaining safety, etc.
Assist with maintenance and equipment repairs.
Maintain cleanliness throughout office and Fitness Center.
Maintain racquetball court operations.
Assist Facility Manager with BestLife operations and projects.
Proofing and assisting with seasonal brochure information.
Attend Recreational staff meetings.
Maintain current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Other duties as assigned.
Personnel: 1. Recruit, hire, train and evaluate all part-time personnel for BestLife Fitness.
Assist with preparation of work schedules of all part-time personnel.
Conduct staff meetings and/or in-service training programs on a regular basis.
Finance: 1. Adhere to all purchasing guidelines and maintain fiscal responsibility.
Communications: 1. Inform the Facility Manager and other staff members of all pertinent matters.
Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships among staff members, program participants, and public-at-large.
Establish a pleasant attitude on the telephone and in person.
Safety Program: 1. Understand the Park District safety procedures and requirements. This includes completion and follow-through on all accident reports, emergency safety procedures, reporting of hazardous equipment, facilities or conditions and the conduct of any employee under his/her supervision. Reports all incidents and potential hazards to the Safety Committee as soon as possible. Serves as recorder for Safety Committee meetings.
Marginal Functions: 1. Complete other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager, Facilities Supervisor, Superintendent of Recreation or Executive Director.
Physical Requirements: 1. Ability to operate Park District vehicles.
Please email resume and cover letter to Hannah Sterricker at email@example.com
PRC is hiring a full time Facilities Manager to manage and maintain PRC’s Wheaton and Westmont facilities and grounds in order to ensure safe and compliant operations. Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Facilities Manager coordinates, supervises, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of maintaining PRC’s buildings and grounds. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, be able to lift 50 lbs., be able to be on-call emergency contact, be able to stand and walk for periods of time and be able to work evening and weekends when necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree required 5 years of experience managing a project, product or service required 2 years of supervisory experience required
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
Commitment to PRC’s mission, values, and community focus Enjoys working for a non-profit social service organization Knowledge of operations, services, and activities related to the maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and grounds. Knowledge of materials, methods, techniques, and terminology used in the maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and grounds. Basic principles and practices of budget preparation and administration. Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, good judgment and commitment to teamwork Ability to exercise professional judgment to resolve complex problems Ability to perform basic maintenance and minor repairs such as painting and drywall repairs Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and supervise employees and volunteers Able to work cooperatively with other departments, contractors and outside agencies. Strong organizational skills; ability to plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required Computer proficiency required in MS Office, Outlook and Internet search engines
Application Process To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Position:
The building supervisor will be responsible for opening and closing the Palos Heights Recreation Center and serving as a person of authority in the absence of a full time staff member. The building supervisor will assist the facility manager in many aspects of building operations as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Quickly and cordially respond to all participants concerns resolving issues in favor of the participant and within the Palos Heights operational concept. Refer any unresolved or difficult situations to the facility manager. • Open the facility when required on time and with efficiency, working with the prescribed opening procedures. • Close the facility displaying unparalleled thoroughness and responsibility, following the prescribed closing procedures. • Serve as a liaison between staff and participants, and members in absence of the full time staff team. • Enforce facility, program, and fitness center policies at all times. • Assist the full time staff team with supervision and execution of all operations as directed. • Make sure equipment is in its proper place and in working order. • Contribute to the recreation center’s pristine look and feel through periodic facility upkeep. Report and/or refer larger problems to the facility manager, custodial staff, or facility technician. • Initiate and participate in the set-up/tear down of programs and daily activities. • Reports any equipment mechanical problems or damage to facility manager as well as ensuring that any equipment deemed inoperable is not used under any circumstances. • Take the lead in initiating emergency responses. Administer CPR/First Aid and complete and submit all related documentation. • Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the PHPR Recreation Department uniform and name badge as outlined in the Uniform and Dress Code Standards. • Must make decisions that accurately reflect the vision, mission and values of the Palos Heights Parks and Recreation Department. • Other duties as assigned. Safety and Risk Management:
• Addresses unsafe employee behaviors by approaching, correcting and reporting.
• Responds in emergency situations, notifying the appropriate authorities when necessary.
• Follows safety disciplinary policies and procedures.
• Requests staff assistance when lifting and or moving objects 50 lbs. or greater, when possible, to reduce lifting and moving injury exposures.
• Attends safety in-service trainings and may complete safety inspections. • Completes incident/accident report forms and promptly forwards them to the Facility Manager.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Safety and Security – Use good safety awareness, judgment and follow policies; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment, following manufacturer safety instructions; and follow agency ergonomic policies and procedures. • Attendance/Punctuality – Demonstrate consistent attendance and on-time arrival. • Dependability – Follow instructions and management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; and complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person. • Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently. • Judgment – Exhibit sound and appropriate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; and make timely decisions. • Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect; accept responsibility for own actions; and follow through on commitments. • Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations; and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics. • Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; and meet commitments. • Interpersonal Skills – Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; and remain open to others' ideas and tries new things. Must have ability to deal with people and patrons under stressful situations. • Teamwork – Promote and support work teams; put success of team above own interests; and support everyone's efforts to succeed. • Oral Communication – Listen and get clarification, and respond well to questions. • Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures.
Individual must be over the age of 21 and possess effective communication and customer service skills. Must have an interest in facility management and positive record of delivering customer service. Must be aware of and learn to anticipate member needs. Must be willing to maintain a clean and safe work environment. CPR and First Aid certifications a plus or must be willing to obtain within three months from date of hire.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to members or employees of organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Palos Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.