Description: Our custodians work as part of a dedicated team primarily responsible for cleanliness and general maintenance of the many facilities and public bathrooms throughout the Park District. This position will be responsible for driving a District vehicle around to primarily clean facilities throughout the District. Daily responsibilities include: cleaning and disinfecting sinks, urinals, toilets, furniture and fixtures, mopping floors and vacuuming carpets and rugs, collecting and removing garbage and recycling, and program room set-up and take-down. Custodians are also responsible for conducting regular building inspections, completing work assignment checklists, following preventative maintenance schedules, reporting issues in need of repair, and maintaining inventories.
Qualifications: The best applicants will have a high school diploma (or equivalent). A valid Illinois driver's license is required. Experience in commercial custodial work strongly preferred. Light maintenance and repair skills, as well as ability to use computer/technology to read and respond to emails and work orders are highly desirable. Other requirements include sufficient physical ability for the position, including visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions, the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, talk, kneel, stoop, grasp, bend and reach, spend up to 90% of work time standing, walking and/or performing physical labor and the ability to perform job-related functions within District offices and/or facilities. Applicants must also have the ability to work in a safe and effective manner, excellent time management skills, the ability to work together as part of a cohesive team, and the ability to be flexible with scheduling.
Work Conditions: Exposure to outside weather conditions and exposure to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Hours: Must be available Monday-Friday year round and available Saturdays and Sundays April through October from 3-11:30PM.
Pay: $17.78 per hour
Benefits: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including: • Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF) • Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF) • 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan • Paid Time Off • Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefit
Company Overview: Founded in 1982, MB Real Estate Services Inc. is a full-service real estate organization that provides multifaceted expertise in Asset/Facilities Management; Leasing Services; Project/Construction Management; Tenant Representation; and Investment Services. Headquartered in Chicago, with a regional office in New York City, MB Real Estate is one of the fastest growing and most successful real estate providers in the country.
Position Overview: We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to assist in management of The Chicago Riverwalk operations through implementation of operational procedures, conducting quality assurance walkthroughs and the adherence and enforcement of MB Real Estate and Chicago Riverwalk policies and procedures. The Operations Coordinator will report to the Property Manager and must be able to work various shifts including nights and weekends.
Responsibilities: -Supervise various MB Real Estate subcontractors -Assist in preparing monthly financial reports and supporting operations reports -Assist in preparing portions of the Operating Budget -Assist in monitoring of budget and invoicing costs for areas of responsibility -Report all operational issues to the Property Manager -Ensure cleaning, security, operational and customer service standards are implemented daily -Report and assign all findings to appropriate contractors and personnel utilizing work order system -Enforce existing Riverwalk policies and procedures; develop and implement new policies as needed -Assist in the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs); alter SOPs as updates occur -Assist and communicate with City of Chicago clients -Work and communicate with other departments, team members and partners to ensure the Riverwalk functions effectively -Conduct daily property inspections looking for repairs, vandalism, breakages, rust, potential hazards, loose hardware, graffiti, etc. -Coordinate any special events daily with security, cleaning and other applicable contractors -Track all incidents and develop reports for the City of Chicago -Oversee and work in conjunction with security contractor for Lost and Found operations -Coordinate on-site contractor operations with repairs and maintenance projects to facilitate efficiency and avoid conflicts -Responsible for all building and equipment maintenance -Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications: -Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education required -2+ years of previous hospitality, operations and/or management experience preferred -Excellent oral and written communication skills -Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage time effectively, establish workflow priorities and work independently -Prior employment history demonstrating the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment while managing multiple tasks and priorities, and produce accurate results in a highly-organized manner -Proficiency in Microsoft based software -Experience working with Excel and financial reporting preferred
MB Real Estate offers a competitive benefits package. For consideration, please submit resume and salary requirements using this link
We will contact applicants who meet our requirements. No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V
Hours: Generally, Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm, with weekend and evening availability Location: Spring Ave. Recreation Center – 185 Spring Ave., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
JOB SUMMARY Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, or designee, the Recreation Facility Manager is responsible for the facility management and customer service operations of the Main Street & Spring Avenue Recreation Centers. Additionally, responsible for the seasonal management of Maryknoll Park which includes Holes & Knolls miniature golf course, clubhouse, splash pad, picnic pavilion, and six platform tennis courts with Paddle Hut. Primary responsibilities include driving program revenue, leading a team of dedicated staff, and providing quality customer service. This position must have a high level of accountability for all core business operations, customer service, facility rentals, special events, and programming. Responsible for proposing new ideas to generate revenue, improve efficiencies, and maximize facility usage and programming for each facility. Analyze facility utilization rates, participation, and revenue trends and generate and provide reports. Review and update current facility procedure manuals consistent with the district’s policies and principles. Prepare annual facility budgets, making necessary revenue and expenditure adjustments. Also responsible for staff and financial accountability, performance management, purchasing and inventory control, assisting with safety inspections, and administering the Park District’s personnel policies and procedures to facility staff. Directly supervise full-time and part-time guest services staff and seasonal support staff for Maryknoll Park. During seasonal operations, regular weekend work will be required. This is an at-will position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field with at least three years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. CPRP certified preferred. Previous experience in facility management and/or seasonal operations while leading and motivating team members toward achieving established goals, objectives and measurable outcomes is desired. Experience in customer service, facility rentals, special events, and recreational programming is desired. An outgoing personality and strong overall management skills are essential. Self-motivated and skilled at POS operations, budgeting, and project management also important. Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format. Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) with aptitude to research and learn additional systems. Recreation Software experience is preferred, ActiveNet a plus. General accounting skills with revenue-generating and cash handling experience required. Effective problem-solving skills with ability to respond well in difficult and emergency situations. Must have CPR/First Aid training or receive within 3 months of hire. Food handling and Bassett training certification must be obtained within 2 months of hire. Must have a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation. Available for flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
The Glen Ellyn Park District is a local governmental agency serving residents of the Village of Glen Ellyn and portions of neighboring communities. It provides a wide range of recreational services, athletics and leisure activities to its citizens, with opportunities for all ages and abilities. The Park District has 29 parks that are meticulously maintained for the community’s use in both unstructured recreation and for programmed events. The District operates one outdoor aquatic facility, two recreation centers, three athletic field complexes, 23 playgrounds, two lakes, the Ackerman Sports & Fitness Center, Holes and Knolls Miniature Golf Course, Maryknoll Splash Pad, and the recently renovated Lake Ellyn Boathouse. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our mission is to “foster diverse, community-based leisure opportunities through a harmonious blend of quality recreation programs, facilities and open space which will enhance the quality of life into the future.” We welcome you to apply to become a part of our great TEAM!
To apply for this position, go to: https://www.applitrack.com/gepark/onlineapp Please complete an employment application online and include a resume and cover letter.
The Aquatics Manager is primarily responsible for the general day to day operations pertaining to the oversite and management of programs, administration, supervision, budgeting, risk management process and staffing of all aquatic’s programs; facility rentals, in services, swim meets, swim team user groups, special events, birthday parties, and related activities offered at the Nelson Center, Eisenhower and Veterans Memorial Pool. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Recreation and Marketing.
Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders from visitors, volunteers, other staff, sub-contractors, user groups, societies, and Park District administration. Strong candidates will enjoy and value working with the public and people of all ages, cultures, and abilities. This person should plan to have a commitment to the mission and core values of the Springfield Park District.
This position is salary and works a non-traditional work week with weekdays and weekends during normal business hours and could include additional evening work, in season, and holidays as the facilities need. Schedules and job duties could fluctuate based on facility, operational and District needs. Please see a list of specific duties below.
• Serves as the District’s aquatics subject matter expert. • Develops, implements, monitors, evaluates, and supervises the operations of aquatics program areas. • Oversees and supervises the activities of subordinate staff and volunteers; selects, assigns, trains, directs, schedules for administration, swim lessons, lifeguards, facility rentals, and birthday parties, and monitor staff duties; evaluates employee performance and initiates disciplinary actions when needed. • Responsible for the appropriate training of employees in assigned areas of responsibility; plans and conducts in-service training programs; monitors status of required licenses and certifications; structures the evaluation and professional development of program staff to ensure a high performing team. • Conducts research to identify programs of value and interest to the community; evaluates program effectiveness and viability; makes recommendations on new aquatics programs, or modifications of existing programs, to meet community needs. • Serves as a liaison and resource for community agencies and other organizations; performs community outreach to promote aquatics programs and stimulates interest in District offerings. • Serves as District representative with external organizations; attends and/or speaks at meetings, community and professional functions, and conferences assigned. • Prepares marketing materials, such as course descriptions, program brochures, newsletters, and announcements; uses social media and other forums to maximize community outreach and participation. • Responsible for developing and maintaining attendance records, registrations and fees paid, mailing list, and related documentation of all aquatic program evaluation system. • (Continued Training Provided) Working knowledge of the Vermont Systems RecTrac and WebTrac system of registration, data entry and Point of Sale equipment housed at the front desk(s) or on independent computer systems. • Responsible for the development and preparation of program and staffing budget information. • Develops, implements, and recommends effective maintenance and safety programs, procedures, and guidelines; conducts periodic inspections, and ensures aquatics facilities are properly maintained for optimal safety. • Prepares and manages grants; projects revenue and expenditures; monitors and tracks expenditures and fees collected; monitors inventory, and purchases authorized- supplies and equipment. • Manages fee collection, accounting activities, and program registration in assigned areas; reviews records and files to ensure proper accounting and documentation consistent with District polices and procedures. • Candidate must participate in activities leading to professional growth in Aquatics as assigned. • Works collaboratively with other District departments; confers regularly with other District supervisors and managers. • Assists with District special events as needed. • Perform the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules and manages all aquatics licenses ensuring the District is consistently up to date. • Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree demonstrating recreation or facility management achievement as well as 3 years full time work experience supervising staff, or equivalent combination of school and work experience. Preferred candidates would have relevant aquatics program and/or aquatics facility management experience.
• American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification or ability to obtain certification within the first 6 months. • ARC Lifeguard Instructor Certification or ability to obtain certification within the first 6 months. • Preference given to candidates with Certified Pool Operation or Aquatics Facility Operator certifications. • Title 22 and Water Safety Instructor Trainer certifications are highly desirable. • Principles, practices, methods, and techniques of planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating assigned aquatics programming and facility management. • Knowledge and management of federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to provisions of aquatics services. • Knowledge of occupational hazards and related safety precautions. • Principles and practices of administrative procedures, recordkeeping, budgeting, and financial management. • Preferred experience in principles and practices of grant writing and management. • Principles and practices of contract and procurement administration. • Principles and techniques of fostering effective work groups, inter-departmental relations, and community partnerships while providing high level of customer service. • Select, supervise and lead aquatics staff and volunteers, including planning, organizing, training, evaluating, and coordinating the work of multiple assigned program areas an working teams. • Plan and develop policies and procedures to benefit participants in a variety of aquatics activities. • Identify and analyze community needs and promote interest in assigned program areas. • Manage budget development and monitor program revenue and expenses with accurate financial records and reports. • Independently organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments. • Demonstrate strong customer service skills and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships. • Must have leadership and management skills, be highly organized, detail oriented and efficient with administrative, record/data keeping and time management skills. • Strong computer background and proficiency required experienced with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google and Social Media platforms. Must be able to learn/work with customized databases and technology, and conduct Internet research. • Ability to prioritize workload, schedules in a fast-paced environment with multiple agendas, agency objectives all with high energy and creative problem-solving skills. • Maintain and promote a positive professional image within the community and ability to speak effectively in public.
General Requirements: • Must be able to read and write and have good command of the English language. • Good oral and written communication. • Physical capabilities- lifts 50 pounds, squat, bend and move as necessary for the job, • Must be able to perform basic mathematics. • Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Word. • Must possess valid Illinois Driver’s License. • Must possess professional phone skills and work well with the public. • Must present professional phone skills and work well with the public. • Must present a neat and professional appearance. • Responsible to follow policies and procedures outlined in the Springfield Park District employee manual. • Must live in Sangamon County, in the State of Illinois or must be willing to move to Sangamon County in the State of Illinois within the first 6 months of acceptance of a position with the Springfield Park District.
How to Apply: Go to: www.springfieldparks.org Locate Join Our Team Tab Click on the green button that states “Click Here for a Full List of Job Opportunities and to Apply” Find this Job Description-select the position Complete the *Required Questions Download your *Resume Click Submit to apply for the position Deadline to Apply: NOT ONLINE AT THIS TIME
The Springfield Park District is committed to the provisions of Equal Employment Opportunities and Affirmative Action to its applicants regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, age sex, marital or veterans’ status, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.
Schedule: Full time; Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6:00pm
The Naperville Park District is looking for a Custodial Manager. This position oversees the delivery of custodial services and recreation support at the District’s indoor facilities. The Manager provides direction in completing general facility maintenance, classroom preparation, building supervision and custodial duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Evaluate facility conditions and assists in the development, implementation, and review of an ongoing facility maintenance plan.
Manage property and equipment through identifying and purchasing facility equipment and supplies, initiating work order requests and repairs, and ensuring appropriate levels of safety and cleanliness.
Manage all cleaning contracts and determine schedules within facilities.
Coordinate indoor facility schedules to ensure appropriate staffing and setup for recreation programs, rentals, special events and meetings.
Coordinate facility rental and event needs with staff, event contacts and vendors.
Coordinate facility cleaning and schedule appropriate staff and equipment to maintain facility cleaning standards.
Develop and approve job postings. Screen applicants, interview potential candidates, select staff. Orient and provide training for new hires and rehires. Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all new hire and re-hire paperwork. Complete performance appraisals on an annual basis for Part Time employees and twice per year for Full Time employees.
Coach and develop staff on an on-going basis. Communicate job expectations. Provide training opportunities. Administer appropriate praise and discipline.
Schedule staff to ensure an adequate level of departmental coverage.
Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, residents, customers, vendors, community partners and co-workers, while fostering a positive team environment
Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Participate in the creation, implementation and evaluation of sound risk management policies and procedures. Report all accidents and incidents in a timely manner. Conduct timely accident investigations, complete accurate and timely accident and incident reports. Work collaboratively with the HR Department on claims. Is prepared for and cooperative during the loss control review process and PDRMA field visits.
Develop annual department/division budget and yearend projections as outlined in the annual budget calendar. Communicate budgetary requests as needed and educate direct reports on the approved annual budget. Continuously monitor budget performance throughout the year, adjusting for unexpected expenses or fluctuations in revenue as appropriate. Approve expenditures. Comply with District financial policies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform Custodial Supervisor and Custodian duties when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to execute all job duties with the utmost level of professionalism.
• Capacity to make decisions objectively based on customer service and fiscal constraint.
• Strong organizational skills with respect to administrative responsibilities, work distribution, attention to detail and thoroughness.
• Ability to supervise, train and evaluate professional and technical personnel.
• Knowledge and skill in budget preparation, financial management and fiscal control.
• Working knowledge of basic computer software.
• Skill in performing a variety of maintenance, repair and manual tasks.
• Knowledge and skill in the operation of building maintenance equipment, cleaning supplies, and cleaning methods.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
Education and Experience:
• Associates Degree in related field preferred with two (2) years supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver's license.
• Must attend A.L.I.C.E. training within 4 months of hire and have the ability to understand the concepts presented in the program as they apply to the responsibilities of the position.
• Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Exposure to chemicals, dust, fumes, dirt, loud noise, and insect bites.
• Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
• Ability to move from site to site.
• Ability to lift, carry and move heavy weight (>50 lbs.) objects.
• Occasional manipulation of assigned office equipment.
• Prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, twisting and climbing for extended periods of time.
• Sustained posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time.
• Manual dexterity and strength to operate power-operated machines.
• Face to face interactions with internal and external customers and co-workers are essential for this position. This position may not work remotely.