Manager of Operations in Family Entertainment Industry
JOB SUMMARY: We’re looking for a candidate that has a passion for the family entertainment industry and a successful track record in operations management. Manager of Operations is a key position that reports to the General Manager of our 14 acre indoor-outdoor regional entertainment center in Joliet. Our company - Trails Entertainment Centers - owns and has successfully operated family entertainment venues in the Chicagoland area since 1975. This park has it all: three go kart tracks, two miniature golf courses, batting cages, laser tag, indoor and outdoor rides, a casual-dining restaurant that seats up to 300 guests, a 5 acre picnic grove that hosts company events for up to 1500 guests.
Our ideal candidate would be a seasoned operations manager with 2 yrs. management experience in the family entertainment, recreation facilities or restaurant industry who has exceptional guest service skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Manage daily operations and procedures in the following departments: restaurant, reservations, indoor and outdoor
attractions, game room, redemption center.
• Lead and influence employees; set a professional example in attitude, business-like appearance, and work habits.
• Create memorable experiences – every guest, every visit - with employees throughout the park. • Recruit, interview, hire, train and evaluate employee performance in keeping with company guidelines and applicable laws; Update employee training modules as needed. • Perform opening and closing duties; Prepare work schedules in keeping with budgets and restrictions on part time hours worked. • Evaluate guest experience in all profit centers and make recommendations that will increase revenue and the guest experience.
• Use and train staff on the Center Edge and Embed software systems. • Communicate with the General Manager on a regular basis regarding any questions or problems. • Other duties as assigned by General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Excellent management skills; Results-oriented with “best practices” and “continuous improvement” management style. • Must have a great “Can Do” attitude that is contagious. • Be a personable, smart and engaging to all guests and employees. • Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality or facility management or comparable years in management experience a plus. • Flexible schedule: must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed. • Self-starter with attention to detail • Budgeting skills that include controlling food and labor costs • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to hire, train, and communicate with staff and guests. • Ability to handle a fast-paced environment as well as manage staff’s productivity during slower periods.
BENEFITS • Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, 401K • Salary negotiable - based on experience
Send resume and salary history to:
F. Sikora Trails Entertainment Centers Fs8334w@gmail.com
The Arlington Heights Park District operates two golf courses and a driving range. Arlington Lakes is a newly-renovated 18-hole course on the south side of town. Nickol Knoll is a par-three, nine-hole course on the north side of town. Sunset Meadows driving range is north of Arlington Lakes.
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for performing a variety of daily, seasonal and/or routine golf course maintenance functions as well as oversee work crew preforming those functions.
• Accountable to the Golf Maintenance Supervisor • Assists in supervision of part-time maintenance staff at Arlington Lakes Golf Course, Nickol Knoll Golf Course and Sunset Meadows Driving Range in the absence of the Golf Maintenance Supervisor • May lead a crew, as directed
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES • Performs all required tasks to maintain golf course tees, greens, fairways and bunkers • Diagnoses and controls weeds, diseases and insects • Applies fertilizer and fungicide, as needed • Submits reports to the Golf Course Maintenance Supervisor, as directed • Operates trucks, mowers, sod cutters, chain saws, hand and power tools and all other maintenance and mechanical equipment • Prepares and cleans beds, plants, trims, prunes, mulches, waters, weeds, stakes, fertilizes, rakes, shovels, digs, spreads wood chips, back fills and levels soil to complete and maintain grounds and complete horticultural projects • Operates tractors, mowing equipment and small engine powered equipment for mowing and renovation of golf courses and driving range • Loads, unloads and delivers equipment and supplies, as needed • Plows, shovels, snow blows, brooms and salts to remove ice and snow • Cleans, adjusts and maintains mowers, golf carts, tools and equipment • Cleans work site when projects are completed • Attends work on a regular basis • Performs the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules, and the employee handbook • Maintains a clean and organized work environment • Additional functions as assigned which may be considered essential
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES • Maintains and makes minor repairs to automatic irrigation system • Changes pins and tee markers • Repairs and replaces pipe on irrigation system • Rakes and maintains sand traps • Renovates reel and rotary mowers • Grades and prepares base, lays sod and seeds tees, greens and fairways • Maintains weather and chemical application records • Maintains minor maintenance records • Repairs and adjusts equipment, mounts seasonal accessories and mixes 2-cycle fuel • Purchases supplies, as needed • Assists the Parks Maintenance Supervisors on assigned projects as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE • Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in approved trade associations and organizations • Good knowledge of horticulture and turf care • Good knowledge of the game of golf • Good knowledge of seeding and maintenance of turf used on golf courses and driving ranges • Good knowledge and skills in the use and maintenance of hand tools and grounds equipment, including but not limited to riding and hand mowers, weed whips, chippers, and chain saws, • Good knowledge of the hazards and safety of the work performed • Understanding of appropriate chemical disposal
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES • Capacity to safely operate a variety of maintenance equipment and machinery • Ability to clean, calibrate, make adjustments and perform routine maintenance on equipment • Capacity to safely dispose of various chemicals • Ability to work from blueprints, sketches and drawings • Ability to follow established Park District safety rules and guidelines • Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with fellow workers, patrons and the public • Ability to work around the public and golfers in public areas • Capacity to utilize effective time management skills to complete assigned work • Ability to follow through on projects from beginning to end without immediate supervision • Capacity to lead crews, solve problems and make project-related decisions • Ability to follow directions and communicate in English both verbally and in writing and to read and understand materials printed in English • Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations • Capacity to perform basic mathematical computations including measuring, calculating and estimating and the ability to measure with and read rulers and other measuring devices • Ability to pass the Park District’s Defensive Driving training within two (2) weeks of employment, in order to drive Park District vehicles • Strong knowledge of pertinent safety precautions • Ability to pass CPR and AED Certification with within six (6) months of employment
HOURS • Sunday through Saturday, 40 hours a week, with work hours designated by the Director of Recreation and Facilities • Overtime, night, weekend and holiday work hours, as required • Employee is considered to be on duty whenever the need exists
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• AA/AS in a turf grass related field. BS or BA preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in golf course maintenance with supervisory and/or management responsibility
• Possesses or is working towards to obtaining IDA Public Pesticide Operators License within three (3) months of employment
• Works toward acquiring a minimum of three (3) certifications or licenses from the list of electives below:
• IDA Public Pesticide Applicators License
• ILCA Certified Landscape Technician-Exterior (CLT-E)
• ILCA Foreman Certification
• IA Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT)
• ISA Certified Arborist • Related College Degree or Certificate • Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience and training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Frequent and sustained sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
• Heavy work, lifting up to 75 frequently with assistance, 50 pounds frequently without assistance and up to 20 pounds without assistance constantly
• General work area is outdoors, with frequent exposure to natural and potentially extreme weather conditions while performing job duties • Exposure to chemicals such as fertilizers, pesticides, cleaning solutions, solvents, petroleum products, etc. • Exposure to mud, dirt, dust and decaying organic material • Exposure to chronic infectious disease while performing routine first aid or emergency procedures • Protective clothing and equipment is required as it pertains to the particular job duty: • Ear plugs or ear covers • Safety goggles, glasses or face shield • Protective footwear, OSHA approved and meeting ANSI standards • Protective gloves • Rubber boots • Hard hat • Back brace • Knee pads • Protective suit or outerwear • Chain saw chaps • Protective clothing and equipment is required as it pertains to the particular job duty: • Microshield • Non-latex gloves
Job Summary: The General Manager/Technician is responsible for the on-time high-quality resurfacing and other scheduled maintenance of the ice sheet, maintaining the building cleanliness and safety standards with minimal supervision. This position uses independent judgment within the parameter of the Park District and Ice Arena policies to prioritize and complete tasks and projects to ensure high quality customer service consistent with the changing priorities of daily programming and the inherently changing safety and cleaning needs of an ice arena. Other project will be offered based on skills, interest and needs of the ice arena and its guests.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Provide day-to-day supervision of Ice Valley Centre Ice Arena Customer Service Staff in the Admission Office and/or Breakaway Cafe including supervision of all staff members when needed.
Provide a safe, clean, and family-friendly environment by working within the policies, procedures, and rules established by the Kankakee Valley Park District.
This position may require you to fill in a position if there is a call off, etc.
Will complete all necessary paperwork to comply with PDRMA. Make sure all records are up to date.
Conduct all front desk staff trainings (pre-season, monthly meetings, safety trainings, etc). Conduct and attend regular Ice Facility Management meetings.
Assists in staff evaluations twice a season.
Communicates all disciplinary actions prior too to the HR Manager.
Ensure all staff and patrons adhere to the facility rules.
Work cordially with all Park District staff and patrons of the facility and respond to needs promptly.
Check and respond to messages (voicemail and email) from staff, patrons, and other managers within 24 hours.
Assist in the evaluation and training of Customer Service Staff in the proper procedures and policies.
Be familiar with all computer and concession equipment, and facility rules.
Complete necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
Operating and maintaining the z=Zamboni
Change filters in the air filtration system
Inspecting belts for air handling units for wear and tear
Testing condenser tank water
Maintaining HVAC System
Maintaining dehumidifier operation
Maintaining surface of the ice
Checking humidity levels in arena area
Comply with the district dress code (clean presentable clothing
Perform the duties of a technician
Communicate with KCC fitness
Keep maintenance logs up to date
Payroll approval each pay period
Schedule all IVC staff on w2w (excludes fs, hockey instructors, spec events)
Oversee concession operations/supervisor
Accident/Incident Forms completed and turned in promptly, all incidents involving employees or any incidents requiring EMS shall require immediate notification to the Facility Manager.
Develop and maintain a good working relationship with patrons and groups.
Monitor cleanliness of entire Ice Arena.
Check and monitor inventory on a daily basis and submit proper forms with daily deposit.
Read and understand the Kankakee Valley Park District’s Personnel Policy Manual, IDPH Food Service Code Book, Customer Service Manual and Bassett training
Perform all other duties as assigned to the best of your ability.
Responsible for preparing the facility and area.
Administer First Aid as needed.
Respond to ALL alarm calls
Able to work morning/day/evening/weekends
ABOUT US: The Bartlett Park District is an independent local government agency that provides 597 acres of beautiful parks and outstanding recreational opportunities for the residents of Bartlett, IL and surrounding neighbors. Major facilities of this Distinguished Accredited Agency and two-time National Gold Medal Finalist includes 44 parks, a community center, two aquatic centers, two golf courses, banquet facility, ski hill, athletic field complex, nature center, and more.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Superintendent of Villa Olivia, the Golf & Ski Operations Manager is responsible for the daily operations of Villa Olivia’s beautiful 18 hole golf course, Apple Orchard’s 9 hole golf course, and ski and snow hill areas. Examples of duties include: -Oversee daily operations of the golf (Villa Olivia & Apple Orchard) and ski areas, including but not limited to, open and close facility for the season; facility hours; tee time management; promotions and marketing; group outings, tournaments, and lessons. -Supervise full time and part time seasonal staff including interview, hire and terminate, schedule and assign duties, troubleshoot problems, discipline, evaluate, and train. -Manage golf, ski and POS software programs. -Establish systems and procedures for golf and ski operations. -Set and achieve goals and objectives on time. -Coordinate and oversee golf outings. -Supervise golf cart fleet services and agreements. -Coordinate purchasing, pricing, display, and promotion of merchandise. -Market, publicize and promote offerings. -Assist with budget and equipment bid preparation. -Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in facility operations, business, sales, or closely related field. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in facility operations or recreational programming required. Experience in golf or ski operations preferred. Must possess excellent management, communication, and computer skills with proven experience in social media and focus on customer service.
SCHUDULE & PAY: This is a full time, year-round manager level position. Forty hours per week includes working evenings and weekends on a consistent basis. Target hiring range is $47,000 to $57,000 DOQ (dependent on qualifications).
BENEFITS WE OFFER: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including: Medical & Prescription Coverage 457 Plan/ Defined Contribution Plan Dental & Vision Coverage Flexible Spending Accounts Life Insurance (basic & voluntary) Paid Holidays, Personal Days, Vacation, Sick Time Pension/ Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF) Tuition Reimbursement Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF) Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits
Visit us at www.bartlettparks.org – click on “Employment” under the “Quick Links” section.
Please include Resume and Cover Letter.
Application Deadline: September 17, 2018
General Description: Knowledge of rental operations including skills in scheduling, time management, sales and customer service. Ability to work with rental clients to plan and execute a wide range of events, including meetings, parties, retreats and weddings. Emphasis and coordination of wedding events is preferred. This position is defined as part time and averages 32 hours per week.
Qualifications: * Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends. * Ability and Willingness to work in a public nature center with live animals and programming. * Have or be willing to obtain CPR, AED and First Aid certification. * Have or be willing to obtain Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) certification. * Have or be willing to obtain State of Illinois Food Handlers Certification. * Must have a valid Driver's License.
Salary and Benefits: Hiring range will be $14-$16 per hour. This position is eligible for medical, prescription, dental, life and vision insurance. This position is an IMRF position.
Take the next step! To read the full job description, to learn more about the St. Charles Park District and to apply, please visit: