Four Seasons is a not-for-profit health club that has been in the Bloomington/Normal community for over 50 years providing health and fitness programs for all members of the family. At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
The President is responsible for the overall operations, fiscal health, strategic growth and management of Four Seasons Association. This position will lead the organization through effective planning and communication with the Board of Directors, staff, members, and the local community.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Consult with the board of directors to discuss issues, coordinate plans and activities that affect the clubs, and solve problems.
• Coordinate monthly board meetings as well as additional board committee meetings by preparing and presenting relevant information and proposals.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction to the board of directors and staff in order to meet the mission of the organization and remain competitive within the market.
• Have direct visibility to staff in all departments and work closely with the management team to lead department strategies and goals.
• Collaborate with all teams to ensure an effective communication strategy.
• Direct and coordinate the overall financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, grow memberships and increase efficiency.
• Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs.
• Analyze financial and strategic information to ensure the stability and/or financial growth of the overall organization.
• Coordinate financial and banking activities including loan approvals, documentation and interest rate evaluation.
• Negotiate and approve contracts or agreements with contractors and other entities as required.
• Participate in and approve human resources plans or activities that include the selection of Managers or other high-level staff or establishment/re-organization of departments, with Board approval.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the Master Facilities Plan.
• Work closely with Human Resources regarding hiring practices, pay strategies and benefit administration.
• Lead, evaluate and supervise assigned staff in all areas including performance coaching, feedback, accountability and time management.
• Focus on helping direct reports and managers improve their skills and knowledge through day-to-day coaching.
• Challenges team members in providing exceptional support to members, staff and guests.
• Conduct regular meetings with assigned staff for communication and operations information.
• Strive for excellent customer service at all times, focusing on positive member experience and resolutions.
• Empower the member to share comments and suggestions with management.
• Build strong community relationships in order to effectively partner with other businesses for the benefit of Four Seasons.
• Seek continuing education and professional growth to gain knowledge, improve skills, and maintain certifications.
• Provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.”
• Understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
• SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor's Degree in Recreation Management, Business, or related field required. Master's degree preferred. • 5-10 years of high-level management experience required. • Experience managing a fitness/health club facility preferred. • Must have own transportation back and forth between facilities and throughout the community. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound judgment. • Must be able to use Microsoft Office programs and learn and use required club software. • Current CPR/AED certification is required, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Display a passion for health and wellness. • Frequently works varying hours and days • Regularly uses hands to write or type • May spend many hours sitting in front of a computer • Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations • Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures • Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities, including the second floor and basement. • Able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
BENEFITS: • Health, Dental, Vision insurance • 401K retirement plan • Life Insurance • Short-Term Disability, AD&D • Vacation, sick and personal leave • Cell phone allowance • And more…
Summary: The Aquatics Manager is responsible for the daily management of Barefoot Bay, Diamond Lake Beach, the spray park and the Mundelein Community Center indoor pool. This position coordinates, supervises, plans and evaluates all operations associated with the aquatics facilities. This position is also responsible for the planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and supervising of all aquatic programs and assigned special events. This position also oversees the management of a full-time Aquatics Supervisor. The Aquatics Manager ensures all aquatics facilities are operated in a safe and customer friendly manner, assuring that the facility is clean and adheres to the standards set forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Manager must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to successfully carry out the essential functions of this job. Preparation for events, facility openings, and programs may require extended hours.
B.A. or B.S., degree in Recreation Administration, Business Administration, or related field is preferred.
Minimum of three years of full time experience in the field of recreation is required. Must possess certification in Star Guard Lifeguard Instructor certification within first 90 days of employment. Must possess Illinois Food Handler Certification within first 60 days of employment. Must possess certifications in First Aid and CPR/AED within 90 days of employment.
Must possess CPO/AFO certification within first six months of employment. Certification as a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) is preferred.
Essential Functions: Plan, implement, organize, supervise, and evaluate all assigned programs and facilities. Develop and implement new programs. Make recommendations for changes and improvements as required to meet the public demand. Adapt recreation programs to meet the needs of individuals in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Oversee the operations of assigned programs, facilities, and staff to ensure quality, efficiency, and safety paramount to performance and delivery. Maintain needed certifications for job requirements – Star Guard Instructor, WSI, CPO/AFO, Food Service & Sanitation, etc. Define personnel and staffing requirements, develop plan to recruit, hire, and train seasonal and part time staff to include contract employment for assigned recreational programs. Provide documentation to support hiring and staffing plans for recreational programming, activities, facilities and special events. Mentor, coach, influence, and evaluate performance of subordinates, with a goal of quality programs and performance. Systematically document performance of direct reporting subordinates, write clear and concise counseling focused on success. Make recommendations on personnel matters involving recreation staff to the Superintendent of Recreation. Prepare and oversee the entire budget process from planning to execution and evaluation for assigned facilities and programs, with emphasis on timeliness and accountability. Manage and directly supervise all payroll activities for the assigned programs. Monitor records of monies received, participation figures, and expenditures within assigned responsibility areas. Complete deposits for aquatics facilities. Work with the Superintendent of Business Services and Technology to maintain proper export of financial and refund transactions. Lead and assist in planning for future recreation programs, facilities, and activities within assigned program areas. Establish deadlines for projects and enforce deadlines for completion. Submit timely and accurate reports to include input for information to be delivered to the Park Board of Commissioners. Continuously seek ways to improve and deliver quality services to both external and internal customers. Quickly and diplomatically attend to questions, suggestions, and/or complaints received from the public. Interpret recreation service to public and participate in community meetings and organizational planning as requested. Keep the community informed of assigned programs, facilities, and events by use of press releases, news media, flyers, and seasonal brochures. Develop, schedule and implement an annual calendar of in-service trainings. Ensure staff attendance. Produce and update training manuals for staff. Train and practice with staff the medical emergency, evacuation and disaster plan so as to be prepared for any and all emergencies. Ensures staff schedules are prepared for areas of responsibility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Marginal Functions: Hours will vary including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Assist with district wide special events and special projects. Develop appropriate forms and administrative procedures to compliment the registration process. Make recommendations for special programs, discount rates, and special events. Serve on District committees as requested. Assist with emergency procedures and building evacuations. Ensure compliance with safety, health, and loss control policies and procedures of the District. As directed by Superintendent of Recreation, participate in professional committees, conferences, workshops, and classes to improve job knowledge and management skills.
The Building Leader is responsible for being the Manager on Duty and assisting staff with facility cleaning, gym/turf/room set ups, policy enforcement and maintenance of the Falcon Park Recreation Center assets. This position will assist the Front Desk staff with all aspects of the Park District programs and pass registration processes and respond to public inquiries. Coordinates and processes rentals, facility tours, rental appointments and rental payments. This is a part-time position with varying hours depending on the needs of Falcon Park Recreation Center. This position will require nights and weekends.
-Some college or relevant experience in the field. -Successful criminal background check in conjunction with the Illinois State Police (ISP) and Park District Code prior to employment. -Valid State of Illinois Class “D” driver’s license. -Attain within six (6) months of employment and maintain valid CPR, First Aid, and AED certification. Successful completion of -BASSET- Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training
-Monday through Sunday, averages 25-29 hours per week, with hours designated by the Falcon Park Facility Manager. -Employee is considered to be on duty whenever the need exists. -Mostly week nights and varied weekend hours. -Could work hours as late as 1:00 am on Sundays, 12:30am Monday through Thursday and 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. -Work hours can start as early as 6:00 am.
Salary and Benefits
Hiring Salary Range $14-$16 per hour. IMRF Pension Eligible.
Position open until filled. First review of candidates will be in approximately two weeks.
Please apply at jobs.palatineparks.org.
The Flagg-Rochelle Community Park District is seeking enthusiastic and responsible applicants for the position of Aquatic Director. This is a full-time position with benefits and enrollment in IMRF.
The Aquatic Director is responsible for the management and operations of 1 outdoor & 2 indoor pools, program administration of aquatic programs, & acting as the liaison between assistant managers, lifeguards, aquatic customer service representatives, swim team coaches, program instructors, participants and the Flagg-Rochelle Park District.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, coordinate, evaluate and maintain overall responsibility for both indoor and outdoor aquatic centers
• Conduct regular staff meetings
• Maintain designated administrative records
• Maintain inventory of food and supplies for Spring Lake concession stand
• Order and pick-up concession food and supplies from vendors, as needed
• Balance monies/ take deposits to the bank
• Oversee the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluation and supervision of various part-time recreation staff and volunteers
• Coordinate special events/private rentals held at the pool
• Assist Head Coach of Rochelle Rays swim team as needed
• Submit publicity releases, prepare reports, purchase requisitions, payroll and salary agreements/recommendations as required
• Implement appropriate safety and disciplinary practices
• Serve as liaison between FRCPD and PDRMA on all matters pertaining to aquatic centers
• Operate within the specified budget
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly working environment throughout the aquatic centers
• Complete accident/incident reports, as needed
• Schedule and conduct all Lifeguarding, AED, & CPR drills and training
• Maintain AEDs
• Develop innovative instructional programs, classes and activities for swimming which will satisfy the public needs
• Submit all swim lesson documentation to the Red Cross
• Support the mission of the Flagg-Rochelle Park District
• Substitute for Lifeguards/instructors when needed
• Teach private swim lessons as needed
• Work with KSRA teachers and programs as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Certified American Red Cross Lifeguarding
• Certified American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor – NOT required year 1
• Certified Pool Operator – NOT required year 1
• Certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor – NOT required year 1
• Food Safety Manager – NOT required year 1
• Experience teaching swim lessons, supervising part-time employees, and managing special events preferred.
• Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and RecTrac.
• Excellent skills in planning and organizing events, activities, and programs
• Knowledge of child development
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with children, parents, and staff
• Ability to solve problems that may arise
• Ability to enforce Park District/PDRMA rules and safety practices
• Excellent customer service skills
Send cover letter and resume to Jackee Ohlinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Goldfish Swim School - Arlington Heights is seeking an energetic, self starter with a passion for aquatics. Goldfish Swim School provides swim lessons for children 4 months to 12 years of age in small group lessons in a tropical 90 degrees for the best swim lesson experience.
Summary: Oversee the quality and success of Goldfish Swim School - Arlington Heights
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: 1. Gains a high level of competence and experience in Goldfish Swim School pool operations necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary swim environment; 2. Train and supervise swim instructors to provide superior swim lesson instruction that meets Goldfish Swim School standard; 3. Train and supervise Deck Supervisors on tasks related to class scheduling, lesson quality, student progress, employee performance and training, and customer service; 4. Directs the daily operations while on duty to ensure compliance with all Goldfish Swim School operation procedures; 5. Manages Goldfish Swim School staff to ensure high productivity, excellent customer service and positive employee satisfaction; 6. Gains knowledge in iClass Pro software to achieve a high level of competence in administrative functions, class scheduling, bookings, reporting and financial duties; 7. Works cooperatively with the General Manager to create a positive work culture; 8. Directs and oversees the implementation of the Emergency Action Plan and all safety procedures that pertain to the Goldfish Swim School facility; 9. All other duties as assigned by the CEO or General Manager
Education/Experience: Bachelors degree in Recreation, Education or similar field is preferred. Minimum 1 year experience required supervising an aquatic facility and staff.
Certificates and Licenses: CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard certification required. Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Instructor certification within 3 months of hire. Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification within 6 months of hire.
Please submit resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to Scott McClaskey at email@example.com.