FULL- TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Hoffman Estates Park District / Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club Job Title: Golf Operations Manager / Head Golf Professional Full Time / FLSA Exempt Salary Hiring Range: $50,000 - $60,000 Location: Bridges of Poplar Creek C.C. 1400 Poplar Creek Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 Website: www.bridgesofpoplarcreek.com
• Maintains positive and productive relationships between the golf facility and its golfers, guests, employees, community, and industry.
• Demonstrate leadership, positive attitude in a professional manner in all situations
• Hires, trains, schedules, manages and evaluates all golf operations staff including ½ Way House & Beverage Cart employees.
• Coordinates the opening and closing of the areas related to the golf operation, and driving range.
• Schedules preferred tee times, leagues, and special events.
• Coordinates and directs all golf outings, tournaments and special events on golf course.
• Works directly with the Sales & Catering Supervisor, and Kitchen Supervisor to create menus for the halfway house and beverage carts.
• Responsible for following Village of Hoffman Estates liquor license rules and regulations in regards to staff BASSET training.
• Responsible for inventory control, display, sales and promotion of pro shop merchandise. • Manages all aspects of the driving range operation. • Manages the Tee Sheet for internet specials in EZLinks and third party tee times. • Directs the daily maintenance and proper rotation of the golf cart fleet. • Enforces all rules and regulations of the golf course. • Educates & trains staff in regard to safety policies. • Involved in all aspects of golf instruction including junior program, group and private lessons. • Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf & Facilities. • Assists with creating marketing plans for the golf operation, website, updating email blasts and social media updates. • Work with the Director of Golf in purchasing all retail items for the golf shop • Oversee all golf operations and operating budget • Must have availability to work a changing or 'on call' schedule. • Will work holidays, and weekends. • Reports directly to the Director of Golf & Facilities.
Education / Experience: High school diploma. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred. A minimum of five years work experience in golf management capacity required. Member of PGA of America or Minimum Level 1 apprentice in good standing or working towards is preferred.
Please submit Hoffman Estates Park District employment application and resume online via the career opportunities page on the District’s website: www.heparks.org. In order to be considered for the position, all applicants must submit an application as well as a resume.
Hoffman Estates Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Wood Dale Park District has a unique opportunity for an innovative visionary with proven success in golf course and food and beverage/banquet operations, management and leadership. Our recently completed transition agreement with TopGolf allows us to continue operation of their former Wood Dale facility as a learning and entertainment venue. Our Director of Golf Operations will play a pivotal role in all aspects of planning, marketing, implementing, and overseeing the successful operation of two premier golf, entertainment and food & beverage/ banquet facilities: The 18-hole Salt Creek Golf Club and the former TopGolf Wood Dale.
Reporting Relationships: The Director of Golf Operations reports to the Executive Director and supervises three full-time staff: the Greens Superintendent, the Head Golf Professional and the Head Chef, and two year-round part-time staff: the Food & Beverage Manager and the Food & Beverage Sales Manager. The position also oversees the supervision of numerous part-time and seasonal staff. The Park District anticipates expanding the workforce including direct reports to this position in unison with the future operation of the former TopGolf facility.
Work Environment: Our mission is to serve the community with quality recreational experiences that provide a fun and healthy lifestyle, and we aspire to create positive memories and endless opportunities for the community. To that end, we strive to provide a work environment that is innovative, collaborative, supportive and collegial.
Position Expectations: The following are the main highlights of the expectations of the position: • Aid in the establishment and implementation of the vision and direction for all operational aspects of the golf course and former TopGolf facilities, ensuring that performance and revenue goals are met. • Conduct and manage short-and long-term planning for both facilities and lead staff in their implementation. • Develop, recommend and Implement fees and pricing structures for golf play and instruction, food & beverage and banquet services, pro shop and learning center merchandising, and other programs/special events. • Hire, train, evaluate, and lead staff to deliver high quality services and facilitate golf, club house, food & beverage, banquet, learning, entertainment, and special event initiatives. • Collaborate with Department of Recreation staff to develop, offer, and market recreational programming within the two golf facilities • Prepare, monitor and administer detailed budgets, financial reports, cost analysis and other recommendations for all operational aspects of the operations, • Coordinate all point of sale and customer service functions including quality control by developing and utilizing methods and systems which determine satisfaction and identify trends and future service needs. • Oversee purchasing functions including reviewing expenditures, approving purchase orders, ordering equipment and supplies, and monitoring the bidding process for large cost items. • Successfully serve as a member of the Leadership Team, driving forward the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of the Park District. • Develop and maintain effective communication through presentations, resolution of complaints and suggestions, attendance at meetings, and active observation of the all operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation, Professional Golf Management, Business Administration, Food & Beverage Management, Sports Management or a closely related field. • Three to five years or more of experience in a leadership and supervisory position • Good to strong knowledge of golf, banquet and/or restaurant operations and management • Ability to prepare staffing and operation plans and monitor their implementation • Capacity to prepare, analyze, and maintain detailed operational and financial performance records and reports.
• Ability to hire, supervise, train and evaluate the work of staff in the daily operations of the golf course, restaurant and banquet facility.
• Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees and the general public • Ability to communicate clearly and effective both orally and in writing • Ability to prepare and implement risk management practices, policies and standards • Capacity to work a flexible schedule, including early morning, evenings and weekend hours.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit their letter of interest, resume, and list of 3-5 professional references by December 23, 2019 to: Director of Golf Operations Search, c/o Nancy Aldrich, HR Specialist, Wood Dale Park District, 111 East Foster Avenue, Wood Dale, IL 60191. Documentation may also be emailed by December 23, 2019 to: email@example.com.
Summary: The Elmhurst Park District is seeking a motivated Facilities Supervisor of Aquatics. The District’s outdoor swimming pools, East End and Norman P. Smalley are operated to meet the aquatic oriented leisure needs of pool patrons through a well-balanced offering of open swim hours, swimming lessons, programs and special events. The District's lifeguard staff is trained under the Starguard Elite Lifeguard Program. The District also offers swim lessons through Starfish Aquatics Institute.
Essential Functions: • Directly supervise seasonal and part time employees, including recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, mentoring and evaluating approximately 130 seasonal employees. • Ensure that employees are provided necessary training in usage of tools, equipment, machinery and personal protective equipment. • Prepare, monitor and control budget within guidelines. • Maintain and comply with all Starguard Elite, State of Illinois Health Department, and PDRMA rules and regulations to operate safe aquatics facilities. • Inspect and evaluate all aquatics facilities, equipment, and property to ensure appropriate levels of safety and cleanliness are maintained. • Conduct staff meetings and/or inservice training on a regular basis. • Plan, organize, implement, evaluate and supervise aquatics programs and special events. • Prepare, edit and proof brochure copy. Qualifications: Education should include Bachelor’s degree in Leisure Studies from a National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) accredited university or related field with 2-3 years of progressive responsibility in programming and aquatics or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job. Must be lifeguard instructor and swim instructor trainer certified or willing to gain certifications within first 3 months of hire. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Hours: The Facilities Supervisor of Aquatics shall have varying hours due to programs, special events, and facility operating hours. Due to the varying nature of the work, evening and weekend hours of duty are to be expected.
Benefits We Offer In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including: • Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF) • Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF) • 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan • Paid Time Off • Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefit • Free fitness membership to Courts Plus
Swing Shift Visitor Service & Safety Officer
Department: Visitor Services Reports to: Chief Security Officer Location: Wheaton, IL
Opportunity The Visitor Service and Safety Officer ensures the security and safety of the staff and visitors, and the physical assets of Cantigny Park. This position also supports the implementation of the Foundation’s special events and programs throughout the year. The ideal candidate has experience in visitor services, security, parks and recreation, or other related fields; and is committed to providing a high level of customer service to visitors. This is a swing shift position (12pm to 8:30pm, Thursday through Monday).
Responsibilities • Monitor the security and communications equipment in the Operation Center following standard procedures as outlined in the general and specific orders • Respond to fire and burglar alarms and follow established procedures • Become knowledgeable in a wide range of information regarding the McCormick Foundation to relay accurate and timely information to visitor inquiries • While on patrol, make continual security and safety checks of all facilities and grounds and report all findings to the operations officer. Document all incidents and communicate with supervisors if required. • Assist in the implementation of the special activities program to include but not limited to, set up and break down, assisting vendors with transporting supplies, moving tables/chairs and putting up tents • Use established crowd control and parking procedures when required • Enforce all Cantigny rules and regulations • Be able and willing to make foot patrols in all weather conditions • Operate the cash register in the park entrance booth • Be knowledgeable in procedures for all shifts if required to work them • Respond to visitor assistance calls to include first aid, tram service, motorist assist and any other assistance issues that arise • Perform light maintenance on the grounds when required • Assist the Cleaning Team with trash removal when required • Answer the main Cantigny phone line in the absence of the Park Registrar • Participate in an on-going professional development program with the guidance of your supervisor • Provide for personal safety in the workplace by attending and completing all required safety training, knowing and following existing safety rules including the applicable use of personal protection equipment, the proper operation of tools/machinery and proper handling of hazardous materials, and reporting any unsafe conditions to respective supervisor
Qualifications • Experience in visitor service, security, parks and recreation, safety or related field • Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills; must be proficient in English • Basic computer skills • Must be able to walk for extended periods of time and be able to lift at least 70 lbs. to just above the waist • Must find satisfaction in working with the public and possess an outgoing, friendly, courteous, and enthusiastic personality • Valid Illinois driver's license • Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays • Must become trained in in First Aid, C.P.R. and Automated External Defibrillator and maintain valid certification • Must attend Cantigny Park’s Child Safety Training and become a mandated reporter • All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screening
To apply: submit a resume and cover letter online here: https://donate.mccormickfoundation.org/_about-us/about-us---careers-newton-test?gnk=job&gni=8a78839f6e90af73016e9436d0bb5102&gns=Symplicity
Cantigny Park and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital and housing status.
Under immediate supervision, performs work of routine difficulty in the landscaping and maintenance of campus grounds.
• Participates in the planting, removing or watering of plants, trees, shrubbery and flowers throughout the College campus grounds.
• Mows, trims, weeds and repairs turf grass
• Occasionally mixes and apply “s chemical herbicides and pesticides.
• Participates in winter snow removal operations.
• Performs maintenance on mowers, trimmers, and other grounds related equipment
• Maintain hand and power tools.
• Occasionally performs minor cement or asphalt patching on sidewalk and parking lots.
• Erects regulatory and information signing.
• Occasionally supports the work of building maintenance
• Occasionally maintains mowing and equipment maintenance records
• Occasionally assists the Irrigation Tech with irrigation maintenance and repairs.
• Daily outdoor trash pickup and removal.
• Daily completion of work hour time reports.
• Occasionally supervises temporary worker and/or student workers.
• Required to report to work during emergency conditions and may be assigned to report at a different time and location and to perform different duties as necessary.
• Annually responsible for 4 documented hours of continuous learning through seminars, classroom training or conferences.
• Perform work safely in accordance with department safety procedures and the College of DuPage safety program. Operate equipment safely and report any unsafe work condition or practice to supervisor.
• Other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: EXPERIENCE: Professional turf maintenance or landscaping experience, to include professional snow removal. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in required duties. Some experience in grounds equipment repair. Valid Illinois Driver's License. EDUCATION: High school diploma. PREFERRED: EXPERIENCE: Two years' experience in professional turf maintenance or landscaping. Two years in professional snow removal. Experienced in grounds equipment repair. Illinois Pesticide Operators license. Valid Illinois Driver's license.
Knowledge of grounds equipment including mowers, trimmers, and all types of vehicles, and the upkeep and repair of all equipment and tools. This position requires post offer, reasonable suspicion, random, and post-accident alcohol and controlled substance tests at the College's expense for this position. Required to be scheduled on call from October to April to aid in snow emergencies. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds. Must be able to bend, reach, and work on hands and knees if necessary. Uniform appearance must be clean and in good wear. No holes, tears or cutoffs will be allowed. Must wear solid soled shoes. No sneakers without written documentation from Physician or Building and Grounds Manager. Usually good conditions, but could be exposed to harsh weather and long hours in emergency situations. Position requires extensive walking and the ability to climb stairs and ladders. Required uniforms supplied by the College of DuPage. Must pass physical exam at College expense. This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/tnkcbgq32v89wtx4