2023 Career Center Rates Career Center User's Guide Internship Deadlines
NOW HIRING: Recreation Supervisor - Mature Adult and Cultural Arts
JOB SUMMARY: The Recreation Supervisor position is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of Mature Adult programs including the STARS Mature Adult Drop-in Center. Other areas of oversight include the Performing Arts Center, the Vogt Visual Arts Gallery, and the district's Summer Concerts and Movies Series. The position works cooperatively with Recreation Staff for special events and trips, prepares brochure copy and works closely with the Marketing Manager to issue program marketing vehicles. Flexible hours are required and may include evenings, weekends and some holidays.
LOCATION: Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, 8125 W. 171st Street, Tinley Park, Illinois
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field is required. Minimum of two (2) years experience in the Recreation field or minimum of two (2) years in Cultural Arts/Special Events position preferred. Certified Park and Recreation Professional Certification is highly recommended. Must have the ability to obtain certification in CPR, First Aid and AED within three months of employment. Must maintain a valid driver’s license. A mandatory physical, drug screening, and criminal background check are required prior to employment.
INCENTIVES: The wage range for this full-time position begins at $46,000 annually. Full Time benefits include low-premium medical, dental, vision insurance; agency provided life insurance; IMRF retirement plan; generous PTO; health and wellness programs; complementary program registrations as well as complementary family memberships to Tinley Fitness, Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, Water Park, and Dog Park.
ABOUT US: The Tinley Park-Park District is an award-winning public agency that provides its 55,000 residents with a wide variety of recreation facilities, programs, events, parks, and open spaces. The Park District maintains over 40 parks, 33 ball fields, and several facilities which include the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, Tinley Fitness, White Water Canyon Water Park, Canine Campus Dog Park, Tinley Junction Miniature Golf & Batting Cages, Vogt Visual Arts Center, and the Tinley Park Performing Arts Center.
If interested, please apply now. This position will be open until filled. https://tpdistrict.bamboohr.com/careers/103
The Skokie Park District is looking for their next Cultural Arts Supervisor! Due to an upcoming retirement, we have a full-time opportunity available at our Devonshire Cultural Center. The Cultural Arts Supervisor is responsible for planning, developing, promoting and managing visual and culinary arts programs. The position also oversees rentals, birthday parties and summer camps. This individual manages the operations of the Devonshire Cultural Center front desk and customer service operations and will oversee special events, including but not limited to art shows and cultural events. The Cultural Arts Supervisor utilizes all available resources of the District to ensure a smooth and effective delivery of services and will carry out the established policies of the Skokie Park District.
Essential duties include:
• Plans, directs, implements, and evaluates designated arts programming, special events, summer camp programs and other Devonshire Center programming as assigned by the Center Manager.
• Interview, hires, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates customer service, cultural arts programs, special events and summer camp staff.
• Manages the reservations, planning, staffing, purchasing of supplies and implementation of birthday party packages and facility rentals. Responsible for the implementation and administration of contractual agreements with performers and program providers.
• Works cooperatively with other facility staff to maintain and communicate the overall facility schedule utilizing RecTrac.
• Works with the Marketing Department to promote programs, camps and special events. Prepares and proofs content for brochure publications. Reviews the District's website to assure that programming and calendars are up to date.
• Manages program space (i.e. Art Studio, Kitchens & Classrooms), front desk and all equipment associated. Purchases materials and supplies as needed.
• Maintains a program of rotating art exhibits.
• Manages, plans, coordinates and oversees summer day camp programs, including but not limited to Art Sparks, Cooking Camp, and assists with Cultural Arts camps.
• Assists with District-wide special events including but not limited to: Festival of Cultures, Juneteenth, Pride, Coming Together, 4th of July, Backlot Bash and other special events surrounding holiday and cultural themes.
• Serves on the EAT (Environmental Action Team) Committee and takes an active role in assisting with planning and implementation of the Spring Greening event.
• Responsible for daily batch processing/reconciliation for the Devonshire Cultural Center and the delivery of cash receipts/deposits to the Weber Leisure Center on a daily basis.
• Works with the Devonshire Cultural Center Manager to develop the customer service, cultural arts programming, special events and summer camp program budgets. Carefully monitors revenue and expense budget reports throughout the fiscal year and prepares monthly Board reports.
• Works closely and cooperatively with other members of the District to insure a coordinated community-wide program format.
Who we’re looking for: A team player who has a passion for a variety of cultural arts and recreation. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation, Arts Administration, Education or closely related field. Two to four years arts administration and/or visual arts and customer service experience along with relevant work experience in recreational programming or cultural arts programming. Knowledge of office software required. Experience with RecTrac preferred. Must be able to obtain and keep current CPR and AED certification. Must possess or be able to obtain CPRP (Certified Park and Recreation Professional) certification, APRP (Certified Associate Park and Recreation Professional) certificaton or CPRE (Certified Parks and Recreation Executive). Valid Driver’s License is required.
Benefits: In exchange for your talent we offer competitive benefits including:
• BCBSIL Health Insurance (PPO and HMO Options Available)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (Paid for by the Park District up to 2.5x your annual salary)
• Pension Plan (IMRF)
• Short Term Disability (IMRF)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Facility Usage Benefits (gym membership, golf memberships, program discounts, etc.)
Complete an application with your cover letter and resume here: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6180292.careers?ShowJob=486944389
The Skokie Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB OPPORTUNITY with the Westchester Park District: Recreation Supervisor – Aquatics/General Recreation (Full-Time, Exempt)
JOB SUMMARY Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation and Marketing. The Recreation Supervisor position is responsible for all aquatic programs, facility operations, special events and general recreation programs (including performing arts). In addition, this position requires a strong ability to manage a team, be self-motivated, possess good time management skills, and the ability to relate and motivate all team members and clients. The Recreation Supervisor is on call as needed. This is an at-will position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Employee is responsible for the supervision and operation of the aquatic center including, but not limited to staffing, training, certification, programming, scheduling, monitoring, budgeting, financial tracking, and facility and equipment maintenance. Employee must be able to coach, lead and implement the District’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values into the daily operations of the aquatic center. Employee is responsible for aquatic and general recreation equipment plan, including but not limited to purchasing, equipment replacement, equipment enhancements, and equipment maintenance. Employee is responsible for all equipment and supplies associated with the aquatic center and programing. Employee must promote (and encourage staff to promote) the Westchester Park District programs, special events, and services. Employee must be able to organize, plan, schedule, manage and execute all functions of their area of responsibility.
*First Aid, AED, and CPR Certification or able to obtain certification within the first 3 months of employment *American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or able to obtain the certification within first 3 months of employment *Food Service Certification or ability to obtain the certification within the first 3 months of employment *Certified Pool Opererator or Aquatic Facility Operator Certification or able to obtain certificaiton within the first 3 months of employment
SCHEDULING & PAY: This is a full time exempt (salary) position. Hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm with evening and weekend hours as needed.
BENEFITS: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including: • Medical Coverage, PPO or HMO • Dental Coverage • Prescription Coverage • Vision Insurance • Life Insurance (optional) • Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF) • Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF) • 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan (optional) • Paid Holidays, Personal Days, Vacation, Sick Time • Professional Membership Dues • Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits.
Interested individuals, please send your cover letter and resume to Lianne Robinette at email@example.com
The Community House is excited to offer a professional internship to students working toward a degree within the field of parks and recreation. This internship opportunity runs 8-13 consecutive weeks and usually starts a few weeks before the start of our summer programs. Under the supervision and guidance of the Program Director and The Community House Recreation Supervisors, the Recreation intern will have the opportunity to expand their education. Interns are exposed to all areas of operations, from administration, budgeting, leadership, staff management, programming, special events, and facility/maintenance. Students will be provided the opportunity to integrate and apply knowledge, to the following programs: Summer Day Camps, Leagues, Sports Camps, Art Programming, Special Events, Enrichment Camps, and Active Adult/Senior Programs. Please include resume and school requirements.
• Work in areas of program development, written and oral communication, budgeting, training/management of employees, evaluation of both programs & personnel, marketing and special events. • Experience registration software processes, financial reporting and brochure proofing. • Gain direct leadership experience by conducting programs and special events. • Plans, prepares and participates in recreation programs and special events. • Assists with the planning, set-up, execution and tear down of special events. • Responsible for the well-being, safety and care of children and youth attending programs. • Responsible for creating a fun and energetic environment for the program participants on a daily basis. • Work in a team-based environment supporting the Recreation Team. • Interact with guests, parents, and participants in a positive and professional manner, utilizing excellent guest service standards. • Maintain professional attitudes and relationships with parents, participants, and co-workers. • Adhere to The Community House rules and regulations including proper attire, safety procedures, and overall professionalism. • Participate in safety training and respond to emergencies in an appropriate manner. • Performs other duties as assigned.
• Be currently enrolled, or a recent graduate of a university or junior college pursuing or having completed a degree in Parks & Recreation, Youth Programming, Sports Management or similar field. • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. • Must be able to respectfully and effectively communicate with fellow staff, program participants, and facility users of all ages. • Must have current CPR / AED and First Aid certification by hire date or be able to attend The Community House training to become certified).
Intern hours will vary, depending on the weekly activities and special events; however, the Intern will work approximately 25-40 hours per week, including nights and weekends when needed. The schedule is usually Monday through Friday but may vary, depending on the weekly activities and special events.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For nearly fifteen years NEDSRA has provided veterans of all eras free services through the Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies (HMHB) program. Often veterans have unique physical, environmental, and social needs after time in service. HMHB facilities accommodate these unique needs by creating a "veteran friendly" atmosphere. They re-create an environment promoting healthy living, fitness and camaraderie with a community-based platform. The program includes free monthly networking events and free personal training sessions. NEDSRA is looking to hire a qualified person to continue the program. Duties include planning and implementing monthly recreation/social programs which has included participation in Memorial and Veteran Day events, trips to the theater, potlucks, guest speakers and more. This position, with the support of NEDSRA, will also market services to veterans and attend community events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Current or previous military experience is preferred, but not required.
Interested applicants can submit their resume via email to Rosario Lopez at email@example.com