Posting Date: November 12, 2019 Job Title: Program Supervisor Salary Range: $30,552-$40,142 plus benefits Full time, exempt position Resumes accepted until job is filled Send Resume to: email@example.com
Description: The Program Supervisor is a full time, exempt position which reports directly to the General Manager. This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties including managing youth programs and leagues, skating programs, building shifts, and any other tasks asked. This is an at-will position. Minimum 40 hours per week, including nights and weekends.
Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in recreation or a related field. Experience and understanding of park and recreation administration, supervision, personnel procedures, safety and program planning is required. This position requires strong people and customer service skills, the ability to communicate effectively with other staff and public, including written, verbal, and telephone communication skills. The individual should be very organized and have the ability to plan, implement, supervise and lead programs, events, and staff. This position is expected to maintain First Aid/CPR/AED certification. Strong computer skills are also needed.
Duties: This position will oversee the administration of all youth hockey and skating programs. Will also be responsible for creating new possible programs and leagues for any possible open ice. They will also need to maintain a close and positive relationship with the Chicago Hawks and Eclipse Select SC who we partner with for some of our programs. This position will be required to work 3-4 building shifts per week.
Address: 451 Plainfield Rd City, State, Zip: Darien, IL 60561 Contact: Jordan Rossi Phone: 630.747.0134 Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references along with Darien Park District job application. Full job description is available by contacting Jordan Rossi.
SUMMARY: Under the administrative direction of the General Recreation Supervisor, the Recreation Activity Coordinator is responsible for the development, administration and coordination the After School Clubs, Nature programs, School Day Off programs, winter and Spring Break Camps, Camp Wiggleworms, After Camp Recreation, various one-week camps. In addition, assisting with seasonal events and community events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plan, direct, implement and evaluate the Park District’s After School Clubs, Nature programs, School Day Off programs, Winter Break Camp, Spring Break Camp as well as assist General Recreation Supervisor with seasonal events and community events. • Direct Winter Break Camp, Spring Break Camp, and After Camp Recreation, Safety Town and oversee various one-week camps. Recommend the addition to or modification of existing programs and classes. • Teach Red Cross classes and become an American Red Cross certified trainer within 6 months of hire. • Prepare class information by coordinating with vendors and instructors for each season for After School Clubs, as well as be the onsite coordinator for clubs at least 2 days a week. • Create, develop and integrate curriculum into After School Clubs with the School Age Coordinator • Schedule staff to ensure proper supervision of participants. • Manage all participant documentation, including but not limited to class lists, attendance records, participant information forms, permission slips, emergency contacts, and permission to escort. • Responsible for the implementation of all Park District policies that relate to this area of responsibility. Along with the General Recreation Supervisor, hire and schedule qualified On-Site Coordinators, Nature Instructor(s), and staff to work all other programs that relate to this area. • Organize and update rosters, staff and vendor information, medical information, forms and signs as needed for all classes. Maintain reference materials and participant/customer database. • Handle program inquiries and feedback from participants and work creatively to resolve any issues. • Attend meetings, seminars and training that pertain to the job. • Work in cooperation with the Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association (NSSRA) to adequately support children with disabilities to participate in the programs successfully
Job Title: Part-Time Childcare Coordinator Closing Date: open until filled Hours: Part-time – 28 hours per week FLSA: Non-Exempt/IMRF Eligible Position Hiring Range: $17.00-$21.00 per hour Location: Triphahn Center, 1685 W. Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL Website: www.heparks.org
The Childcare Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Program Managers who work with childcare, both school age and early childhood programs. This primarily includes STAR before and after school care, summer camps, days off programming, but can also include the Early Learning and Care program, preschool program, enrichment classes and ELC Kitchen. Responsibilities include coordinating class rosters, supply inventory and field trip details. Also, the Childcare Coordinator will be assisting with parent inquiries, registration questions and staff/site needs. The Childcare Coordinator will be expected to be the point person on days when the Program Manager is out.
HE Parks is a gold-medal winning, distinguished, and CAPRA accredited agency, with multiple recreation centers, over 70 parks, two full sheets of ice, and two aquatic centers. HE Parks is currently seeking a creative, motivated, dynamic individual to communicate to and engage with community members regarding all that the district offers.
Minimum 2 years administrative experience preferred and minimum of 2 years working with children. Minimum of Associates degree in education, recreation or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have valid Illinois Driver’s License
The Hoffman Estates Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified and interested individuals are encouraged to review the full job description and complete an online application through the jobs page on the District’s website: www.heparks.org.
DESCRIPTION: The Athletic Manager will oversee all athletic programming operations at the Huntley Park District including soccer, flag football, volleyball, and basketball leagues and some contractual programs. This position will also coordinate the scheduling of all sports fields in the district by internal programs and local sports organizations. This position oversees a budget in excess of $500K in revenues and expenses and the Tomaso Sports Park. A dedicated Sports Coordinator reports to this position to assist in the administration of these responsibilities.
1. Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management, Sports Management, or any related field.
2. Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) preferred. 3. A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience with sports and/or related recreation management. 4. Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational skills, and customer service skills are required. Must be exceptionally experienced and comfortable with conflict resolution. 5. Practical knowledge of sports rules, principles, officiating, managing teams, managing volunteer coaches, and organization of sports leagues is required. 6. Able to organize leagues, volunteers, communicate with vendors and be able to respond to high volumes of phone calls, emails, and other inquiries. 7. Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so communication may be conducted with a variety of people. 8. Work extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary. 9. Ability to learn and use new computer software. Experience with Rec Trac a plus. 10. Must possess a valid Illinois State Driver’s License. 11. First Aid, AED, and CPR certification or the ability to obtain such within six months. 12. Ability to lift equipment and supplies typically up to 50 lbs. 13. Prior to employment a successful criminal background check and physical/drug test by a Park District approved physician must be completed.
1. Professional management and oversight of the athletic programs, contractual programs, open gym activities, and scheduled use of all sports facilities.
2. Recruit/hire, train, schedule, evaluate, and supervise volunteer coaches, referees, site supervisors, scorekeepers, and PT Sports Coordinator.
3. Monitor safety and all procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all participants and staff within school district (when applicable) and the Huntley Park District facilities.
4. Oversees the allocation, use, inventory and maintenance of sports facilities, equipment, and materials; inspects facilities and grounds, and identifies conditions needing repair or maintenance. Works directly with Parks Director and Facilities Manager to coordinate needed maintenance and repairs.
5. Coordinates details for internal and external tournaments held at our facilities.
6. Develop and ensure the proper inspection and maintenance of equipment.
7. Develop and maintain necessary program records, statistics and reports.
8. Responsible for the timely and accurate submittal of purchase orders, invoices, bills and payroll information in accordance with policies and procedures.
9. Order supplies, equipment, and distribute accordingly for activities and facilities.
10. Works with School District staff on shared use of facilities and programming.
11. Serves as the Park District representative or point of contact for all other community sports associations and organizations.
12. Employee must maintain an organized workspace, which includes, but not limited to having all the necessary supplies, forms, equipment, etc. needed for all programs.
13. Prepare seasonal activities for the brochure including development of programs and entering into registration software, promoting via website and social media.
14. Attendance at professional seminars, conferences, workshops and technical meetings.
15. Respond to customers and staff within one business day. When this is not possible, indicate receipt of message and when to expect a full response.
16. Employee must assist in customer service, which includes, but not limited to customer issues, comments, complaints, and concerns. Employee will be assisting the customers in different ways, such as, but not limited to, in-person and over the phone, and must be able to assist them immediately or direct the customer to the appropriate staff if necessary.
17. Employee must complete the necessary forms for accidents and incidents. 18. Works with Recreation Director to develop annual budget and goals and reviews and adjusts monthly as necessary. 19. Attend internal and external meetings as assigned.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Assist the Recreation Director as requested. 2. Assists and substitutes for staff as needed. 3. Actively markets programs via website, Facebook, and flyers. 4. Attend HPD committee and board meetings as requested.
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS: 1. Employee must have the ability to read and understand materials, such as, but not limited to, rules and regulations books, manuals, and schedules. 2. Employee must be able to make decisions objectively based on customer service and fiscal constraint. 3. Employee is responsible for keeping organized records and reports.
PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS: 1. Employee must be able to work independently in day-to-day operations with general direction of the Recreation Director. 2. Employee must have the ability to delegate work to accomplish work most effectively. 3. Employee must demonstrate leadership qualities to perform required work. 4. Employee must have the ability to recognize priorities and meet deadlines. 5. Employee must have the ability to receive constructive criticism and/or supervision. 6. Employee must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable to new situations. 7. Employee must possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals and objectives 8. Must possess a pleasant demeanor and have the ability to interact with the public in a courteous manner at all times, especially in difficult situations. 9. Employee must be able to resolve differences and problems that arise with customers or when to elevate to their supervisor.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS: 1. Employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions during outdoor events, including extreme heat and humidity, cold, and rain. 2. Employee must operate and handle assigned equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. While performing this job, the employee is required to speak and listen, stand, walk, use hands, sit, stoop or kneel, bend and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. 2. Employee must have the physical agility to maintain mobility from site to site, and be able to perform manual tasks. 3. Must be able to operate any mechanical equipment necessary to prepare a facility for an event. 4. Employee may be required to walk, run, or perform other physical maneuvers in order to demonstrate a skill set or component of a program. 5. Employee may perform duties, which include, but not limited to lifting, stooping, bending, twisting, and climbing. 6. Employee may need to sit in the office or stand for prolonged periods of time. 7. Specific vision requirements include, distance, color vision, peripheral and depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 8. Must be able to function in stressful situations, such as when first aid or CPR is required or when addressing an upset parent or coach. 9. Must be able to follow directions with safe follow through and exercise good judgment and safety awareness.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Assure a safe and hazard free environment by inspecting and taking the necessary action to correct and safeguard against potential problems and/or accidents. 2. Must comply with all safety policies and procedures now in effect or adopted in the future. 3. Be aware of, follow and enforce rules and standards set forth by athletic associations as they apply to our activities. 4. Worker must be able to follow directions with safe follow through and exercises good judgement and safety awareness. 5. Worker will use all required PPE. 6. All unsafe conditions are to be reported to your supervisor or appropriate staff who can resolve the matter immediately.
This job description is meant as an outline of the job and does not represent all duties.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICIES, SAFETY, ETC. It is expected that all Huntley Park District Staff comply with the policies and procedures as set forth by the Huntley Park District Board of Commissioners. Resources that outline these policies and procedures include the Personnel Policy Manual, Safety Manual, Departmental Manual, Area or Job Specific Manuals and other written or verbal procedures as provided by your supervisor. As all situations cannot be documented even in manuals such as these, it is further expected that your actions as an employee are always performed with safety in mind, respect of your fellow staff and customers in mind, and at the direction of your supervisor. It is expected that all staff learn and understand these policies and procedures.
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter to Scott Crowe, Director of Recreation at email@example.com.
The Waukegan Park District serves a community of over 90,000 residents in northern Illinois 40 miles north of Chicago on Lake Michigan. The park district provides year-round sports, recreation and leisure opportunities to all ages and abilities. The Waukegan Park District is seeking to fill the position of Recreation Specialist of Adult Athletics Programs & Services at our award-winning Field House Sports, Fitness & Aquatics Center and the Waukegan SportsPark.
Duties and responsibilities would include: Plan, organize, implement, and oversee athletic programs, services, and special events with an emphasis on adult sports and fitness activities. Provide developmentally appropriate activities that meet the needs and interests of the participants. Assist in the development and implementation of long-range plans and strategies. Develop and implement annual goals and objectives. Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of programs and services making recommendations on introduction and/or deletion of programs and services. Assist in the development and implementation of a marketing strategy for recreation programs, services, and facilities consisting of appropriate pricing and promotional efforts. Assist in the development and implementation of specific program details consistent with recreation marketing strategy. Recruit, select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and volunteers. Contract with independent contractors and vendors for programs and services as needed. Review and prepare costs for the annual budget. Oversee the expenditure and accounting of funds within area of responsibility, including cash reports. Submit recommendations for Capital Improvement Projects. Secure alternative funding through grants, sponsorships and fundraising. Purchase, distribute, and maintain proper inventory of all supplies and materials. Prepare and maintain management reports and records regarding programs and services. Schedule facility rental and program use. Oversee athletic field scheduling and rentals communicating regularly with Parks Department regarding field usage and major maintenance items of concern. Work closely with school officials whose facilities are being used by the park district, making regular program inspections at school sites. Regularly communicate with representatives of the Parks Department, School District, and City of Waukegan to discuss major maintenance items of concern. Maintain cooperative working relationship with sports associations, acting as liaison between the association and the park district. Establish a cooperative planning and working relationship with community agencies and organizations. Attend pertinent departmental/park district meetings and in-house training sessions. Conduct self according to the policies and procedures as established by the park district. Participate in park district Safety and Training Program to ensure that work performed and services provided are implemented in a safe manner. Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates should have a Bachelor Degree in Recreation Administration, Sports Management or related field and one year experience in a recreational setting, preferably in a recreation department, school district, social services agency, or non-profit organization. Experience may be obtained through a combination of seasonal, part time, or temporary positions. Previous experience managing a large seasonal staff and athletic fields & facilities preferred.
Candidates can apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/waukeganparks/onlineapp/
Contact: Elizabeth Fallon, Department Coordinator Waukegan Park District 847-782-3626 firstname.lastname@example.org