SUMMARY Assists the Lifestyle Director with reports, paperwork, activities, events, and the day-to-day operations of the Lakeside Lodge at Grand Dominion including answering incoming calls, greeting residents, answering routine questions, and assisting with resident activity/event sign-ups and payments.
Ideal candidate will be a creative, energetic ‘people person’ with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office – specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and Publisher. Flexibility is key with a willingness to learn.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Lifestyle Director in coordination of social events, trips, large scale special events, seminars, presentations.
• Participate in the planning, implementation, and promotion of activities to enhance quality of life for all residents.
• Juggle multiple priorities while staying organized.
• Greet residents and guests warmly and professionally.
• Help to create an inviting and welcoming atmosphere within the community
• Maintain website activity and fitness calendar.
• Using computer software & programs, develop registrations for events and trips, prepare deposits, create checklists, etc.
• Creatively develop flyers for events and programs (publisher or CANVA)
• Effectively communicate with staff and residents by phone, email, written memo or in-person.
• Enroll residents in all activities and accept all activity payments.
• Assist in monitoring residents and guests for compliance with Rules & Regulations (requires a working knowledge of this document)
• Ability to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information/documents.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Confidence to enforce rules of the Lakeside Lodge.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Products. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and skilled at navigating the internet and using cloud-based registration software.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE 2-4 years of related experience and/or training (Or equivalent combination of education and experience)
AVAILABILITY 24 - 35 hours per week Monday, Tuesday & Thursday (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) At least one Friday or Saturday evening shift per month In high activity months (spring & summer) occasional added weekday evening