To apply, please go to dpparks.org/jobs & click the Full Time link.
Job Title: Landscape I
Department: Parks & Golf Operation
Reports to: Landscape Maintenance Supervisor or Lead Landscape Worker
Supervises: Seasonal part-time staff as assigned
Performs semi-skilled landscape and golf course maintenance at all parks and facilities as directed by the Landscape Maintenance Supervisor. Constructs ice rinks and performs snow removal.
1. Maintains turf areas including mowing, trimming, aerating and spraying for weeds.
2. Inspects parks and clean up debris.
3. Plants materials such as flowers, trees, shrubs, grass, etc.
4. Prunes hedges and trees.
5. Maintains irrigation systems and repair.
6. Participates in snow removal operations.
7. Participates in ice rink maintenance.
8. Inspects, cleans, maintains and performs routine maintenance on equipment.
9. Identifies turf and ornamental diseases and treats as necessary.
10. Operates equipment such as: riding mowers, trimmers, chain saw, power washer, snow blower.
11. Operates Des Plaines Park District vehicles
12. Cleans buildings and restrooms and needed.
1. Assists other work crews as needed.
2. Assist administrative staff with special maintenance requests.
3. May be required to perform overtime work as requested or required.
4. Attend related training to expand skills and knowledge
5. Assist patrons with providing information as requested.
6. Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals
7. Perform additional duties as assigned.
8. Member of a Park District committee as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Experience: Six months related experience; Possess mechanical skill and knowledge of turf and landscape equipment and tools.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certified, Classes available through Park District upon hire; Valid Illinois Driver’s License; Illinois Pesticide Operator License within six months of hire