Overview: The Butterfield Park District Facility Manager performs a variety of facility maintenance and park maintenance duties including custodial and recreation support operations.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this analysis. The Facility Manager is a full-time year round employee, who may be required to work additional hours and weekends in order to complete essential duties and assist with special events. Work pace varies depending on the task required. The position of Facility Manger may perform duties in the medium heavy work level (lifting 75 lbs. infrequently). The Facility Manager is responsible for the safety, cleanliness and function of the Glenbriar Park Recreation and Aquatics Center facility and grounds, as well as working closely with the Superintendent to uphold a standard of excellence throughout all of the District’s parks and facilities; including such things as landscaping, mowing, repairs or project implementation as necessary.
Qualifications: • Must be 21 years of age or older. • High School diploma or equivalent. • Prefer 1-2 yrs. experience in related field (preferably park maintenance). • Valid IL Driver’s license with eligibility to drive a 15 passenger van. • Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English. • Ability to become a licensed Illinois Pesticide Applicator with 12 months of hire.
Immediate Supervisor: Facility Manager is under the direction of Superintendent of Parks and Facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Inspects buildings, structures and equipment for safety and condition.
2. Performs daily custodial duties for Glenbriar Recreation Center and other facilities as necessary.
3. Oversees temporary (seasonal) staff members including; assisting with training, and communicating job expectations. This will also include conveying the standards for the district or a particular task and follow up for quality assurance.
4. Maintains the inventory of all custodial products and re-orders as necessary.
5. Carries out assigned duties individually or cooperatively with both park’s staff and recreation staff including special events.
6. Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on park equipment and vehicles.
7. Perform minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry repairs and painting as necessary.
8. Work closely with the Superintendent of Parks and Facilities to perform inspections of various parks, playgrounds and facilities. 9. Assist in maintenance of all pool mechanical operations. 10. Operates small power hand tools and mowers. 11. Completes routine maintenance on district vehicles and equipment. 12. Assists in the repair of park equipment and facilities. 13. Adheres to park district safety rules and procedures and directs subordinates to exercise safe work practices. 14. Participates in staff meetings, staff development sessions and continuing education opportunities as required. 15. Other related duties as assigned.