The Bourbonnais Township Park District is seeking a Marketing Assistant. This position will be responsible for maintaining and updating the Park District’s website, social media pages, sending out a weekly newsletter. Ability to develop and maintain tracking results on all social media platforms. Working with supervisors on marketing programs, brochure and program driven special events.
Essential functions of this position include but not limited:
- Coordinate all phases and produce promotional brochures, pamphlets, fliers and other pieces of information for the Recreational department
- The main contact and administrator for the park district’s main website, Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter. Maintain update, and assist staff with Recreational department social media accounts.
- The ability to develop and maintain District’s tracking results on all social media platforms. Including analytics and feedback surveys using programs such as Survey Monkey and/or Google Analytics.
- Maintains awareness of current trends, fads and interests for the continual enhancement and diversity of social media platforms.
- Assist Recreational Supervisors in marketing individual programs and program driven events.
- The Marketing Assistant will create, manage and update a weekly email newsletter containing upcoming programs and events at the Park District.
- Develop and post videos, slideshows, presentations for use by the District, website and social media outlets.
- Assist Community Outreach & Marketing Director with special events and other duties as assign.
- Perform other duties assign
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of public relations and marketing methods and willingness to keep up with changing technology. Knowledge of media contacts and technology
- Strong ability to communicate professionally, both orally and in writing, with various audiences.
- Ability to solve problems comprehensively and effectively.
- Performs well under stressful situations
- Effectively transition through multiple tasks and or multiple interuptions
- Ability to accommodate evening and weekend programs, presentations or meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism or communications that supports responsibilities for writing, research, and marketing required. Fluent in social media platforms and trends. Qualified candidate must be functionally literate in reading, writing, and computation skills as well as computer literate.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Hollice Clark III, by email at email@example.com or mail 459 N. Kennedy Dr., Bourbonnais, Il 60914.