For more information and to apply please visit our website at: https://www.elkgroveparks.org/Employment
JOB SUMMARY Maintain overall management and integrity of the district’s financial reporting system. Prepare and maintain accurate records and financial reports. Develop recommendations for processes and procedures. Perform routine and complex accounting functions, supervise and support Finance staff. Assist in annual audit by providing reconciled reports and supporting worksheets. Coordinate and perform multiple activities efficiently and within the parameters established by the Director of Business Services. Act as liaison with other departments relating to financial record keeping and cash handling processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist in preparing and managing yearly operational budget and monitors compliance with expenditure allocations throughout the year.
• Assist in the annual audit including performing reconciliation of key balance sheet and income statement accounts, providing auditors with required worksheets or spreadsheets upon request.
• Reconcile district’s bank statements / registration system receivables and accounts on a monthly basis. Perform monthly closing of all funds
• Oversee P-Card purchasing system including adding/deleting users and monitoring purchases.
• Process monthly EFT and ACH billings
• Prepare and disseminate monthly Association account statements and act as financial liaison with Association members.
• Prepare and enter journal entries.
• Assign, review, and evaluate the work of accounting support positions processing payments to vendors, issuing refunds, reconciling cash receipts and accounts receivable.
• Complete finance report to be presented to the Board of Commissioners.
• Develop standardized (and facility specific, if applicable) closing procedures to be used by all front line staff.
• At beginning of each season, train all front line staff and facility supervisors on closing and cash handling procedures, change safe codes, and provide starting cash for facilities.
• Maintain and update procedures manual for the Finance Manager and financial support positions
• Prepare and process monthly sales tax returns and annual Motor Fuel Tax Refund.
• Submit annual unclaimed property report.
• File for annual liquor licenses.
• Attend trainings.
• Develop computer skills necessary to become proficient in all aspects of our Financial software.
• Assist coordinators/department heads with any questions pertaining to monthly statements. • Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules. • Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks. OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS • Assist Registrar with accounting issues. • Perform projects as designated by Director of Business Services. • Issue starting cash, reimburse petty cash, fill currency and coin requests. • Become cross-trained in payables to fill in during any absences.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS • Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. • Physical agility to maintain mobility from site to site. • Manual dexterity required for frequent manipulation of tools. • Ability to lift moderate objects.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS Sitting – frequently Walking – frequently Strength – 1- 25lbs. Climbing – occasionally Balancing – occasionally Stooping – frequently Kneeling – occasionally Crouching – occasionally Crawling – occasionally Reaching – frequently Handling – frequently Feeling – occasionally
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS • Skill and knowledge in computer programs/district software. • Perform intermediate/advanced level data entry functions. • Bookkeeping and organization skills are essential. • Patience and the ability to train others. • Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions. • Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE The above knowledge and skills may be demonstrated by a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Experience in the municipal accounting field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.