DESCRIPTION The Marketing/ Graphic Design Assistant is responsible for many of the day-to-day marketing needs of the park district.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS • Design flyers, brochures, web graphics, posters, banners; you will be the go to for a majority of the Park District’s graphics. • Maintain and regularly post on social all our social media channels. • Record and photograph events. Building a collection of high quality images is important to us, so being able to attend evening and weekend programs will be necessary. • Manage digital displays around the Deer Grove Leisure Center. Ensure the content is up to date and they are functioning correctly. • Hang posters and pass out flyers to businesses around the community to market upcoming events. • Work with a variety of vendors to order necessary marketing materials; posters, banners, promotional items, etc. • Work with staff to ensure all content is up to date on our website. • Send out email blasts to update our residents about upcoming programs and events.
• Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading and creative skills.
• Proficiency with Adobe CC programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Premiere, After Effects and Audition experience preferred.
• Photography and video experience with a DSLR camera is required.
• Experience with sending emails and creating forms in Constant Contact. • Basic understanding of HTML and CSS. • Ability to work with others on multiple projects simultaneously. • Be able to handle constructive feedback.
JOB STATUS: Part time DEPARTMENT: Marketing FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY: $17.00- $19.00 HOURS: Flexible
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a resume Evelyn Struck, Superintendent of Finance & HR, Bensenville Park District, email@example.com Position open until filled. No phone calls please.