The Woodridge Park District located in Woodridge, Illinois has an opening for a Landscape Specialist. As a four time Illinois Distinguished & Accredited Agency Award recipient, the Woodridge Park District serves approximately 35,500 residents with 690 acres of parks and sites offering over 1,000 programs each year. The successful candidate will be responsible for landscape installations and management practices for all plant material located on park district managed properties.
POSITION: This is a full time, non-exempt position with an exceptional benefit package that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, pension plan (IMRF) and much more.
• Minimum of a certificate of completion in landscape management, horticultural science or related field from an accredited college or university. Associate’s Degree in landscape management, horticultural science or related field from an accredited junior college, college, or university preferred.
• Certified Landscape Technician – Exterior (CLT-E) preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of landscape management practices and plant materials.
• Advanced understanding of plant materials, plant care, and culture practices, pruning techniques, horticultural equipment, pest identification, and general maintenance practices.
• Ability to operate vehicles and heavy equipment, operate power equipment and use hand tools.
• Ability to calculate, prepare, mix, spray/spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
RESPONSIBILITY: This position is responsible to prepare, maintain and culture all plant material (annual & perennial plants, ground covers, ornamental grasses, shrubs, trees, lawn/turf) to include but not limited to: plant removal, plant installation, transplanting, pruning, cutting, mulching, aerating, weeding, seeding, sodding, edging, trimming, watering, application of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides as needed, and turf & prairie seeding. Other responsibilities include creating planting schedules with cost estimates; creating landscape management plans; providing design recommendations for review and discussion with Planner / Project Manager; obtaining bids for landscape related services or purchases including plant material and equipment; identifying and prioritizing park maintenance problems and needs; interpreting, installing/constructing, and maintaining landscape and hardscape designs. A full job description is available upon request.
ATTRIBUTES: We are seeking a dedicated individual who is a self-starter with an eye for detail that strives for excellence; possess strong organizational skills; strong written & oral communication skills; skilled in time management; and able to problem solve in unexpected situations.
SALARY RANGE: Starting at $21.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE: Position Open Until Filled
SEND COVER LETTER, RESUME AND APPLICATION TO: Woodridge Park District Connie Curry, Human Resources Manager 2600 Center Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517 (630) 353-3327 or email@example.com
The application can be picked up at the Community Center at the address listed above or obtained from www.woodridgeparks.org/jobs.htm.