JOB SUMMARY: Park Center Preschool has a staff of approximately 18 teachers and assistants, and a student body of approximately 100 children. The Assistant Director works closely with the Preschool Director in the planning and oversight of the programs, curriculum and administrative requirements. Supervises the day-to-day activities, troubleshoots issues and regularly interacts with parents, teachers and students. Manages all record keeping requirements and monitors compliance with all safety and regulatory standards. The role calls for an assistant director to be organized, detail -oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills. The assistant director must express maturity in thought, work habits and responsibility, and have a positive approach to working with young children and parents.
• Minimum: 21 years of age with an Associate’s degree and minimum of 21 semester hours or equivalent quarter hours in courses directly related to early childhood education and/or child development (birth-age 6); Require 3 semester hours of college credit or 3 points of credential approved training in administration, leadership or management. Bachelor’s degree is preferred • Experience: Minimum of 2 years (3120 hours) experience in preschool, kindergarten or licensed day care facility; • Preference is given to applicants with preschool experience in a classroom setting and prior supervisory experience.
Other Considerations and Requirements:
• Must provide 3 written character references and completion of a satisfactory background check.
• Upon hire, must complete 6 hours of approved training on working with children with disabilities, Mandated Reporter on line training, medical exam every 2 years with TB test and up to date vaccination for TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) and MMR (mumps, measles and rubella) and 15 hours of annual in-service training.
• Maintain and/or obtain certifications in Food Sanitation, CPR, AED, Child Heimlich Maneuver, First Aid and EpiPen training upon hire. Must also register with Gateways upon hire.
SCHEDULING & PAY:
• Year-round position is available immediately • Hours: Preschool is open 7am-6pm, specific work hours will vary. • Starting at $20/ hour • The Glenview Park District offers this position paid time off, group medical insurance, use of park district facilities and participation in the IMRF pension plan.
APPLY ONLINE! Visit us at www.GlenviewParks.org – click on “Jobs” at the top of the homepage. If interested, please apply early! Recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately!