Four Seasons is a not-for-profit health club that has been in the Bloomington/Normal community for over 50 years providing health and fitness programs for all members of the family. At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
The President is responsible for the overall operations, fiscal health, strategic growth and management of Four Seasons Association. This position will lead the organization through effective planning and communication with the Board of Directors, staff, members, and the local community.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Consult with the board of directors to discuss issues, coordinate plans and activities that affect the clubs, and solve problems.
• Coordinate monthly board meetings as well as additional board committee meetings by preparing and presenting relevant information and proposals.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction to the board of directors and staff in order to meet the mission of the organization and remain competitive within the market.
• Have direct visibility to staff in all departments and work closely with the management team to lead department strategies and goals.
• Collaborate with all teams to ensure an effective communication strategy.
• Direct and coordinate the overall financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, grow memberships and increase efficiency.
• Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs.
• Analyze financial and strategic information to ensure the stability and/or financial growth of the overall organization.
• Coordinate financial and banking activities including loan approvals, documentation and interest rate evaluation.
• Negotiate and approve contracts or agreements with contractors and other entities as required.
• Participate in and approve human resources plans or activities that include the selection of Managers or other high-level staff or establishment/re-organization of departments, with Board approval.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the Master Facilities Plan.
• Work closely with Human Resources regarding hiring practices, pay strategies and benefit administration.
• Lead, evaluate and supervise assigned staff in all areas including performance coaching, feedback, accountability and time management.
• Focus on helping direct reports and managers improve their skills and knowledge through day-to-day coaching.
• Challenges team members in providing exceptional support to members, staff and guests.
• Conduct regular meetings with assigned staff for communication and operations information.
• Strive for excellent customer service at all times, focusing on positive member experience and resolutions.
• Empower the member to share comments and suggestions with management.
• Build strong community relationships in order to effectively partner with other businesses for the benefit of Four Seasons.
• Seek continuing education and professional growth to gain knowledge, improve skills, and maintain certifications.
• Provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.”
• Understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
• SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor's Degree in Recreation Management, Business, or related field required. Master's degree preferred. • 5-10 years of high-level management experience required. • Experience managing a fitness/health club facility preferred. • Must have own transportation back and forth between facilities and throughout the community. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound judgment. • Must be able to use Microsoft Office programs and learn and use required club software. • Current CPR/AED certification is required, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Display a passion for health and wellness. • Frequently works varying hours and days • Regularly uses hands to write or type • May spend many hours sitting in front of a computer • Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations • Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures • Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities, including the second floor and basement. • Able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
BENEFITS: • Health, Dental, Vision insurance • 401K retirement plan • Life Insurance • Short-Term Disability, AD&D • Vacation, sick and personal leave • Cell phone allowance • And more…