Job Title: Aquatics Manager / Assistant Manager of Facilities
Division: Recreation Department Classification: Full-Time
Job Function: Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation, the Aquatics Manager / Assistant Manager of Facilities is responsible for Management of DragonLand Water Park during the summer season and acts as Assistant Manager for Veterans Memorial Arena ice rink facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Schedules, supervises and evaluates all DragonLand staff in a manner that insures proper management of facility programs, concessions, cashier operations, and facility maintenance procedures.
• Develops and implements new ideas and techniques pertaining to the proper management of DragonLand’s operations.
• Responsible for the daily supervision of all Veterans Memorial Arena part-time staff job performance in facility programs, daily routine building maintenance, concession operations, facility admissions, daily ice maintenance, public skate sessions, and skate rentals during the fall and winter months. Suggests new ideas and techniques for improvement of these operations.
• Recruit, hire, certify, train, supervise, and evaluate all lifeguard staff.
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate concessions staff, cashiers, skate guards, and other support staff with the concurrence of the Superintendent of Recreation.
• Plan and implement assigned Recreation Department programs in various areas including a comprehensive swim lesson program and various ice rink programming.
• Promote interest in assigned facilities and programs through publicity and marketing utilizing program brochures, flyers, and other communication tools.
• Fluent use of various social media outlets and other interactive media for marketing and interaction with participants and general public relations.
• Ability to understand and work within multiple operating budgets and assist the Superintendent of Recreation in drafting assigned facility and programming operating budgets.
• Work closely with the Superintendent of Recreation, as well as other Recreation Department Program Managers to develop and implement recreation programming and special events.
• Coordination with appropriate department heads on physical arrangements and logistics necessary for programs and special events conducted at park facilities and grounds through work order preparation, as approved by Superintendent of Recreation.
• Complete and thorough evaluation process of all assigned programs and supervised staff.
• Communicate professionally and effectively with staff, volunteers, participants, parents, and community.
• Maintain and promote a positive professional image with the community.
• Monitor all facility and program inventory, supplies, equipment, and services in accordance with the park district purchasing policy.
• Supervise assigned facilities, recreation programs, activities and events, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required.
• Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Sport Management, or closely related field. Although a degree is preferred, extensive experience in a like position with similar duties and responsibilities may be substituted for all or part of the education requirement.
• Two – four years supervisory experience in the field of Recreation Administration, Sport Management or related field preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificates:
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment.
• Previous lifeguarding experience while licensed by any industry standard certifying entity preferred.
• Ellis and Associates International Lifeguard Training Program Certified Lifeguard Instructor or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment.
• Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) or ability to obtain desired but not required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Illinois Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification in accordance to the Illinois Food Service Sanitation Code or ability to obtain.
• Experience in managing facility and program budgets preferred.
• Work independently and as a team member as assigned.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel, other agencies, and the public.
• Ability to see and assimilate information from varied sources and make decisions consistent with the goals, values, and vision of the Pekin Park District.
• Understand and exhibit behavior consistent with stated values of Pekin Park District.
• Ability to coordinate, analyze, and utilize a variety of reports and records.
• Ability to learn new skills and knowledge.
• Demonstrate decision making, conflict resolution, negotiation, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate management and supervisory skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, in writing and through presentations.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, social media and on-line recreation software applications for program registration, facility rental and scheduling.
The Pekin Park District is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities of the job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties or tasks as requested by management.
Applicants for this position must submit a personal resume with cover letter to: Shawn Powers, Superintendent of Recreation, Pekin Park District, 1701 Court Street, Pekin, IL 61554-5199, or by email to email@example.com For additional information and/or questions, please contact Shawn Powers by e-mail or call 309-353-4319.
The Finance Manager plans, develops, administers and is responsible for all the business and financial functions of the district. The incumbent will be responsible to manage all fiscal functions of the district and ensure compliance with all laws and regulations as well as to facilitate and monitor the financial well-being of the district. The Finance Manager directly supervises the general office, accounting and clerical staff of the Administration Department. Supervision is received from the Executive Director.
The Pool Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient management of the pool facilities. The pool manager is also solely responsible for the actions and behavior of all aquatic staff, and is responsible for overseeing them on a day to day basis . They are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, planning and supervision of the Kankakee Valley Park District pool facility. This is an at-will position.
Qualifications: High School graduate or equivalent. Minimum three years of aquatic experience preferred. Current Pool Lifeguard License. The license also includes First Aid and CPR certification, which is recognized by Kankakee Valley Park District. Additional required skills include: knowledge of principles and practices of pool safety and sanitation, 20/30 vision, customer service, and employee relations. Prior supervisory experience a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Gain knowledge and understanding of Park District policies and procedures and see that they are adhered to at all times. 2. Attend district-wide part-time staff orientations, crisis trainings and office staff trainings as directed. 3. Comply with the District’s Dress Code by coming to work in clean, presentable clothing and/or uniform. 4. Oversee operations of the pool, bathhouse, slides and surrounding areas and equipment. 5. Suggest plans for current and long-term pool improvements. 6. Assist in the hiring seasonal employees. 7. Keeps records of attendance, accidents, and other pertinent matters. 8. Assists in scheduling regular staff meetings to insure uniform enforcement of rules. 9. Perform rescues and administer proper care treatment and first aid if an accident or injury occurs. 10. Be responsible in the opening and the closing procedures of the facility. 11. Participate with in-service training of staff (lifeguards and cashiers). 12. Participate in lifeguard pre-season training. 13. Inventories request and maintain all equipment and supplies necessary to provide a safe and successful operation of pool. 14. Assist in and ensure a clean, safe and orderly facility at all times. 15. Determine need for pool closures due to inclement weather, pool emergencies, etc. 16. Supervises all performance duties and submits periodical evaluations of staff. 17. Completes daily and monthly facility reports and submits to Aquatics Facility Manager on a timely basis. 18. Must retain flexibility regarding scheduling and hours of work. 19. Oversees scheduling of lifeguards. 20. Observe and follow all Park District safety policies and regulations. The safety of staff and participants is a continuing responsibility of all employees. This includes completion and follow-through on all accident reports, emergency safety procedures, reporting of hazardous equipment, facilities or conditions, and the conduct of any employees under your supervision. Report all incidents and potential hazards to the safety committee as soon as possible. 21. The District encourages its employees to “take ownership” of the District. As such, it shall be the responsibility of all Park District employees to pick up litter throughout the buildings, grounds, and facilities of the District. 22. Perform other duties as assigned.
Employment would be April 1- mid September.