Parks and Recreation Internship
The Village of Savoy, Illinois (population 8,857) is accepting applications for a summer internship with the Parks and Recreation Department. The purpose of this internship is to provide qualified individuals with experience in various elements of the Parks and Recreation Department including, but not limited to, recreation administration, facility operations, activity programming, special events development and implementation, and front desk management.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, and seasonal full-time position without benefits that reports to the Parks and Recreation Director. Interns may also work on projects managed by the Program Manager or Facility Manager.
• Candidates must be pursuing a degree in Parks and Recreation Management, Sports Management, Leisure Studies, or related area field from an accredited university.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from assigned worksites and events.
• Current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain certification within thirty (30) days of hiring.
$12.00 per hour
How to Apply
To apply, submit by email a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Nick McDuffee, Parks and Recreation Director. Email: email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.