Job Profile for Recreation Supervisor
Under the Director of Parks and Recreation, the Recreation Supervisor collaborates with all supervisory staff to help manage the parks and recreation department. The position is responsible for all athletic field scheduling, special event coordination, and program development. This includes project and management, planning, and the ability to effectively direct and lead assigned personnel consisting of program instructors, seasonal staff and community service workers and volunteers.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates, and evaluates recreation programs and facilities for all segments of the community.
• Develops and maintains an organizational structure and appropriate staffing level to effectively accomplish recreation goals and objectives.
• Maintains records and evaluation reports on all programs.
• Establishes programming schedules, calendars, and timelines.
• Analyzes organization and community needs as well as expenditure and revenue trends, reviews statistics and opportunities and recommends strategic course corrections.
• Aids in development of marketing material for all park programming.
• Assist with oversight of website and social media outlets.
• Liaison between umpire association and Park District.
• Bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education, or related field. (Or any combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.)
• Minimum of one year of related supervisory experience in the field of Parks and Recreation, Sports Management, Recreation, Outdoor Education, or related field. Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification preferred.
• The ability to utilize all Microsoft Office programs.
• Valid First Aid/CPR certification required within six months of hire.
• Valid driver’s license.
Scheduling and Pay:
This is a full-time position. Scheduling is generally Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm; involvement with community programs and events will require some evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Salary range is $37,800 - $45,500 depending on qualifications.
• Medical, dental, vision coverage
• Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
• Optional: Nationwide Retirement Solutions- 457 Plan
• Vacation after one-year
• Sick days