2023 Career Center Rates Career Center User's Guide Internship Deadlines
NOW HIRING: Recreation Supervisor - Mature Adult and Cultural Arts
JOB SUMMARY: The Recreation Supervisor position is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of Mature Adult programs including the STARS Mature Adult Drop-in Center. Other areas of oversight include the Performing Arts Center, the Vogt Visual Arts Gallery, and the district's Summer Concerts and Movies Series. The position works cooperatively with Recreation Staff for special events and trips, prepares brochure copy and works closely with the Marketing Manager to issue program marketing vehicles. Flexible hours are required and may include evenings, weekends and some holidays.
LOCATION: Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, 8125 W. 171st Street, Tinley Park, Illinois
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field is required. Minimum of two (2) years experience in the Recreation field or minimum of two (2) years in Cultural Arts/Special Events position preferred. Certified Park and Recreation Professional Certification is highly recommended. Must have the ability to obtain certification in CPR, First Aid and AED within three months of employment. Must maintain a valid driver’s license. A mandatory physical, drug screening, and criminal background check are required prior to employment.
INCENTIVES: The wage range for this full-time position begins at $46,000 annually. Full Time benefits include low-premium medical, dental, vision insurance; agency provided life insurance; IMRF retirement plan; generous PTO; health and wellness programs; complementary program registrations as well as complementary family memberships to Tinley Fitness, Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, Water Park, and Dog Park.
ABOUT US: The Tinley Park-Park District is an award-winning public agency that provides its 55,000 residents with a wide variety of recreation facilities, programs, events, parks, and open spaces. The Park District maintains over 40 parks, 33 ball fields, and several facilities which include the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, Tinley Fitness, White Water Canyon Water Park, Canine Campus Dog Park, Tinley Junction Miniature Golf & Batting Cages, Vogt Visual Arts Center, and the Tinley Park Performing Arts Center.
If interested, please apply now. This position will be open until filled. https://tpdistrict.bamboohr.com/careers/103
WILL COUNTY FOREST PRESERVE DISTRICT JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
DEPARTMENT: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
LOCATION: SUGAR CREEK ADMINISTRATION CENTER
The Landscape Architect is responsible for creative planning, design and development of high-quality recreational facilities that enhance the environment, including production of design and contract documents, budget management, construction supervision, site restoration supervision and coordination of staff, contractors, agencies, and citizens.
Reports to: • Chief Landscape Architect Supervises: • None • This position requires the coordination and facilitation of District Staff, Design Consultants, and Contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must possess a high degree of knowledge of construction, design and engineering standards and principles and techniques of landscape architecture as they relate to construction materials and methods. • Proficiency in reviewing and preparing plans and specifications. • Knowledge of native landscapes and design with native plant material and related landscaping materials. • Must have knowledge of Midwest natural communities, native and non-native plant species identification, natural area management techniques and ecology. • Must effectively communicate, written and oral, with professional staff, consultants, citizens and volunteers. • Current knowledge and skill in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and basic computer skills in Microsoft Office products. • Must possess and maintain a current and valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
Experience: Entry level candidates are welcome. Five years of experience in professional level landscape architecture/design work with an emphasis on recreational facilities and experience with supervision of construction projects is preferred.
Certifications: License in Landscape Architecture from the State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation preferred. Candidates are required to attain licensure within 3 years of employment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This 40 hour/week position entails working Monday - Friday with the possibility/option to work flexible weekday, evening, and weekend shifts. Occasional extended hours and weekend workdays will be required. This position includes the option of a maximum of 16 hours of remote work during each work week.
PAY RANGE AND ANNUAL SALARY
Pay range: Grade 13
Minimum: $64,701 Midpoint: $79,259 Maximum: $97,092
Schedule: Full Time
Resumes will be accepted until March 31, 2023.
Application Procedure: Send a cover letter describing interest and a resume to:
Donna Suca, Director of Human Resources Forest Preserve District of Will County 17540 W. Laraway Road Joliet, Illinois 60433 815-722-5667 (desk) 815-722-3608 (fax) Humanresources@fpdwc.org
Frankfort Square Park District is looking for a Full Time Parks Buildings and Grounds Maintenance person for the overall upkeep of buildings, grounds, and park maintenance activities to provide safe, high-quality parks and facilities. Responsibilities include safely operating a variety of equipment, the labor needed working in and around that equipment, general maintenance, and some supervision of the day-to-day seasonal employees, as well as on call needs. The schedule is generally Monday through Friday with evening and weekend hours as necessary to produce exceptional results. Successful candidate will have a: high school diploma, valid Illinois drivers license, at least 3 years experience in the field of park maintenance, landscaping, turf, forestry, horticulture, and/or related field or equivalent, and strong mechanical ability to perform maintenance and repairs. Certified Playground Safety Inspector and Operator's Pesticide License certifications within the first year of employment.
Elgin Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a candidate who is passionate about accomplishing our mission and strives to enhance our visibility throughout the community and the Fox Valley region. The ideal candidate is creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and works well with others.
Under the direction of the Assistant Parks and Recreation Director, this position is responsible for creating the department’s brand and voice. The creator should specialize in graphic design, content writing and be a storyteller by nature. The creator will ideate, capture and post visual content which includes photos, videos and graphics. The creator must have a deep understanding of social media platforms, website development, performance reporting, brochure creation and the ability to stay on top of marketing trends.
DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW: The Elgin Parks and Recreation Department strives to be the heart of the community by creating community through people, parks and programs. In doing so, the department operates the Elgin Sports Complex, The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin, Wing and Lords Park Aquatic Centers, The Pavilion at Lords Park, the Hawthorne Hill Nature Center, Wing Park Golf Course, Highlands of Elgin Golf Course, Bowes Creek Golf Course, 76 parks, 47 playgrounds, Festival Park Splash Pad and a variety of community recreation programs and activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to work 40-50 hours average per week Ability to work weekends and extended hours when necessary Ability to work independently or in a team based environment Ability to maintain a positive image and relationships with the community, staff and third party partners. Possess strong writing skills with the ability to edit documents, develop press releases and create engaging social media messages and campaigns Possess strong communication, organizational and customer service skills Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and problem solve.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or related field Two – three years of marketing experience preferred Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Canva, Word Press, social media platforms and video production.
BENEFITS: 25% off Parks and Recreation Classes & Rentals (some restrictions may apply) 25% off Parks and Recreation Classes for Immediate Family Members (some restrictions may apply) Free Employee Fitness Silver Membership IMRF and Health Benefits City of Elgin has a step increase model. Currently, step increases are at an annual 5% for 7 steps along with an annual cost of living increase (typically 3% but can vary) approved by the City Council. Step 1 for this position is $64,682.
The Skokie Park District is looking for their next Cultural Arts Supervisor! Due to an upcoming retirement, we have a full-time opportunity available at our Devonshire Cultural Center. The Cultural Arts Supervisor is responsible for planning, developing, promoting and managing visual and culinary arts programs. The position also oversees rentals, birthday parties and summer camps. This individual manages the operations of the Devonshire Cultural Center front desk and customer service operations and will oversee special events, including but not limited to art shows and cultural events. The Cultural Arts Supervisor utilizes all available resources of the District to ensure a smooth and effective delivery of services and will carry out the established policies of the Skokie Park District.
Essential duties include:
• Plans, directs, implements, and evaluates designated arts programming, special events, summer camp programs and other Devonshire Center programming as assigned by the Center Manager.
• Interview, hires, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates customer service, cultural arts programs, special events and summer camp staff.
• Manages the reservations, planning, staffing, purchasing of supplies and implementation of birthday party packages and facility rentals. Responsible for the implementation and administration of contractual agreements with performers and program providers.
• Works cooperatively with other facility staff to maintain and communicate the overall facility schedule utilizing RecTrac.
• Works with the Marketing Department to promote programs, camps and special events. Prepares and proofs content for brochure publications. Reviews the District's website to assure that programming and calendars are up to date.
• Manages program space (i.e. Art Studio, Kitchens & Classrooms), front desk and all equipment associated. Purchases materials and supplies as needed.
• Maintains a program of rotating art exhibits.
• Manages, plans, coordinates and oversees summer day camp programs, including but not limited to Art Sparks, Cooking Camp, and assists with Cultural Arts camps.
• Assists with District-wide special events including but not limited to: Festival of Cultures, Juneteenth, Pride, Coming Together, 4th of July, Backlot Bash and other special events surrounding holiday and cultural themes.
• Serves on the EAT (Environmental Action Team) Committee and takes an active role in assisting with planning and implementation of the Spring Greening event.
• Responsible for daily batch processing/reconciliation for the Devonshire Cultural Center and the delivery of cash receipts/deposits to the Weber Leisure Center on a daily basis.
• Works with the Devonshire Cultural Center Manager to develop the customer service, cultural arts programming, special events and summer camp program budgets. Carefully monitors revenue and expense budget reports throughout the fiscal year and prepares monthly Board reports.
• Works closely and cooperatively with other members of the District to insure a coordinated community-wide program format.
Who we’re looking for: A team player who has a passion for a variety of cultural arts and recreation. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation, Arts Administration, Education or closely related field. Two to four years arts administration and/or visual arts and customer service experience along with relevant work experience in recreational programming or cultural arts programming. Knowledge of office software required. Experience with RecTrac preferred. Must be able to obtain and keep current CPR and AED certification. Must possess or be able to obtain CPRP (Certified Park and Recreation Professional) certification, APRP (Certified Associate Park and Recreation Professional) certificaton or CPRE (Certified Parks and Recreation Executive). Valid Driver’s License is required.
Benefits: In exchange for your talent we offer competitive benefits including:
• BCBSIL Health Insurance (PPO and HMO Options Available)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (Paid for by the Park District up to 2.5x your annual salary)
• Pension Plan (IMRF)
• Short Term Disability (IMRF)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Facility Usage Benefits (gym membership, golf memberships, program discounts, etc.)
Complete an application with your cover letter and resume here: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6180292.careers?ShowJob=486944389
The Skokie Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.