Classification: Full-time, Exempt Department: Recreation and Facilities
The Aquatic Facility Supervisor is responsible for managing all aquatics programs, swim lessons, and the swim team program for the Oak Brook Park District, directly supervising all aquatics programs, swim lesson staff, and swim team staff for a year-round aquatic facility. In the absence of the Family Aquatic Center (FAC) Manager, the Aquatic Facility Supervisor assumes all the FAC department managerial responsibilities.
The Aquatic Facility Supervisor directly reports to the FAC Manager. All aquatic program, swim lesson, lifeguard and swim team staff reports directly to the Aquatic Facility Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Communicate with the FAC Manager regularly on park district matters. • Assist the FAC Manager in the planning and maintaining fiscal controls of the FAC. • Recruit, interview, hire and train all FAC personnel. • Schedule, supervise, and direct the work of up to 120 part time employees. • Discipline and prepare performance appraisals for staff directly reporting to this position. • Develop and directly manage all aquatic and swim lesson programs. • Directly manage and perform all administrative functions of the swim team program, including: registration; managing swim team accounts; maintaining appropriate records of all swim team meets, results, swim team member times and records; and scheduling swim team banquets, awards, and parties. • Approve payroll for all staff directly reporting to this position. • Coordinate and conduct weekly in-service lifeguard and swim lesson training program. • Develop preventive maintenance programs. Order chemicals, parts, custodial supplies and contracted repairs as needed. • Assist FAC Manager in inspection, maintenance and repair of aquatic pumps, motors, filters, pools, splash park, slide, spa, pool chemistry systems and all associated components. • Assist FAC Manager in the inspection of the FAC. Document any necessary facility, equipment and custodial repairs. Follow up in correcting any problems. • Take inventory of supplies and make appropriate purchases or recommendations. • Program FAC special events. • Work with the FRC Department in coordinating all aquatic parties. • Assist Registration Clerk and FAC Manager with entering swim lesson and swim team registration during first week of program registration. • Work with the Marketing Manager to effectively market the FAC. • Develop and submit seasonal brochure copy to the Marketing Department. • Work with IT Administrator to update and maintain the Park District web page. • Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all communications. • Communicate with StarGuard to keep up with latest trends. • Prepare annual reports and data for StarGuard. • On call for staff phone calls and emails. • Support a quality loss control/safety program for the Park District. • Perform the job in a safe manner and in compliance with the District policies, procedures, work and safety rules and the employee handbook. • Perform any duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Attend Park District meetings as necessary. • Conduct regular staff meetings. • Represent the Park District in various public functions. • Assist the Recreation Department with special event programs. • Perform lifeguard duties when necessary. • Attend conferences and workshops to promote knowledge in related areas of responsibility. • Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with supervisors and other staff • Ability to work independently in day-to-day operations • Ability to work in a team atmosphere • Ability to utilize computer skills, including proficiencies in work processing and basic spreadsheet applications • Ability to work effectively in a climate of political assertiveness and interaction, requiring timely administrative responsiveness and flexibility. • Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment. • Must be able to deal with people under stressful and demanding situations • Must be able to function under stressful situations when first aid or CPR is required.
• General work area is indoors, in a smoke-free environment, with controlled temperature and fluorescent lighting
• Perform tasks that require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching and sitting
• Drive motorized vehicle to travel to different locations
• Perform physical work necessary for pool equipment operations or backwash procedures.
• Perform lifting tasks up to 50 pounds.
The Aquatic Facility Supervisor is a Full Time position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. The scheduled work hours are Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM and Saturday, 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM, including 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. This position will require night and weekend work, and the work hours will need to be adjusted on these occasions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• Bachelor’s Degree or three (3) years experience in a supervisory position with preference given to individuals with Parks and Recreation background • Minimum of two (2) years experience in facility management and customer service • Minimum of two (2) years experience in program development/management • Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft software products • Valid Illinois Driver's License • Current CPR/AED first aid certification or training provided by the Park District • Current certifications: StarGuard Lifeguard Instructor Certification, Water Safety Instructor Certification, Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator
The Oak Brook Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Jessica Gray, Family Aquatic Center Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address: Oak Brook Park District 1450 Forest Gate Road Oak Brook, IL 60523
No phone calls please.
The Glen Ellyn Park District is seeking a part-time Member Service Associate in the operation of a large 88,000 square foot sports and fitness center. The Park District is looking for a high energy, ambitious, self-motivated candidate with the ability to manage a large membership base while providing leadership and direction to our members and guests, as well as staff. The position requires excellent customer service skills, ability to make decisions, provide leadership, be a valuable team member with the ability to work independently; all within a fast paced, and high energy service oriented environment. An excellent opportunity to gain experience and exposure to facility management within the recreation industry
Essential Job Duties:
Present membership options to prospective members.
Conduct facility tours and train all staff to give proper tours.
Oversee front desk operations, schedule and training of front desk staff.
Complete contract, membership card and other pertinent paperwork.
Track sales statistics, prepare and present written and verbal reports. Follow up with all prospective members who have toured the facility. Represent ASFC at offsite community wellness events. Develop and annual member retention management and acquisition plan. Develop and assist with fitness programming and member events. Assist with updates to website and response to online inquires. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills. Must be able to work day, evening and weekend hours. Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: Level of knowledge normally acquired through the completion a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. A minimum of two years experience in account management, customer serve and sales preferably in the wellness and fitness industry. Previous management experience required. Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED or certification within 30 days of hiring date. Genuine interest in a variety of individuals and commitment to providing quality service to a diverse population. Candidates should reliable, self-motivated, and should be able to solve problems and make decisions based on Glen Ellyn Park District’s mission and principles. Willingness and ability to work early morning, nights, weekends and holidays.
Please apply on line at www.gepark.org
The Park District Executive Director is directly responsible to the Warrenville Park District Board of Commissioners. The primary function of the Director is to carry out the policies adopted by the Warrenville Park District. The Executive Director shall be the administrative head of all departments. The Executive Director shall be the official medium of communication between the employees of the District and the Board of Commissioners. Other responsibilities include the carrying out of the essential functions, as outlined in the job description.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate from an NRPA accredited university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Park and Recreation Administration shall be the minimum qualification. At least five to seven years of responsible administrative experience in the field of public parks and recreation management is desired. Certification with the Illinois Park and Recreation Association, National Park and Recreation Association or similar professional organization is desirable.
1. A thorough knowledge of the theory and philosophy of recreation and park management and the ability to interpret this philosophy to others is required.
2. Possess a sound background in financial management with an emphasis on budget principles, preparation (including the tax levy), financial forecasting and fund accounting.
3. A working knowledge of the Park District Code of Illinois, other state statutes which impact on public agencies and Federal regulations affecting parks and recreation agencies. 4. Strong personnel management skills, including the ability to assign personnel and delegate responsibilities with assurance and accountability. 5. The Executive Director should also possess knowledge of the lay-out and design of general development site plans and architectural drawing interpretation. 6. Proven Record of establishing and maintaining cooperative planning and working relationships with local community agencies, governmental, voluntary and private. 7. Strong oral and written communication skills. 8. Excellent time management and priority setting skills 9. An in depth understanding of the board/ executive relationship and the ability to cultivate a positive working relationship with all board members. 10. High integrity, honesty, and self confidence.
Applicants must apply online at warrenvilleparks.org. Under "About Us", select " Employment" from the drop down list. * Applicants are required to complete the online application forms * Submit a formal letter of application indicating reasons you desire to be considered for this position * Current resume needs to be submitted as an attachment * Provide at least three professional references * Provide written permission to contact past employers * Provide salary history for last 5 years
AVERAGE WORK SCHEDULE: KinderKids Enrichment meets Tuesdays – Fridays, 10:30 – 3:30. Planning hours will be added weekly, and there are opportunities to work additional classes and Parks and Recreation events.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have the knowledge and ability to effectively supervise, manage, and organize a diverse array of programs and contribute to the recreation department mission and goals. Must also possess good public relations skills, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and have the ability to work with all age groups. Ability to operate necessary equipment in order to perform assigned duties. Ability to get to different locations within a certain time frame on certain days. Bachelors in Education preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES: • Educate 5 and 6 year olds in line with state mandated goals. • Provides recreational and educational experiences for a classroom • Provides a safe and happy learning environment • Dresses appropriately for work. •Create curriculums, schedules, calendars and letters • Communicate with children, parents, and staff • Is respectful, courteous and polite to the public and fellow employees. Is an active and positive member of the Recreation Team • Is knowledgeable on all areas of agency to better answer inquires and provide stellar customer service • Promotes and performs all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the park District's safety program. • Performs any and all other related responsibilities as deemed necessary or requested by his supervisors. PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Ability to counsel children • Ability to show up when needed and manage a classroom the size of up to twenty • Ability to handle pressure from being held responsible for the operations and safety of participants • Ability to handle questions, complaints and concerns from the public and from employees in a professional manner • Ability to work with co-workers on a cooperative basis. • Ability to manage crisis situations. • Ability to attend required meetings, workshops and District facilities. Must possess good analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and overall good judgment in completing responsibilities. • Must possess ability to accept direction and supervision. PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Must have the ability to do some lifting up to 30 lbs. • Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. • Must be able to reach, kneel and bend. • Required to be active in the operation of programs as needed. •Must be able to hear conversational voice with or without a hearing aid. • Must be able to speak and be understood under normal circumstances. •. Ability to perform responsibilities indoors and outdoors • Ability to perform his/her duties in various lighting, temperature and weather conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree in Recreation and Park Administration or related field. Two or more years of full-time supervisory experience working in recreation programming preferred. Knowledge of early childhood and youth development. Individual must be flexible, enthusiastic, creative and a self-starter. Demonstrated passion for working with all age groups. Must be able to work well with others. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral and have the ability to multi-task. Candidate should possess strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills and good customer service.
DUTIES: Reports to the Director of Recreation, the Recreation Supervisor is responsible for overseeing preschool, early childhood, youth, dance, camps, before/after school program, some adult programs and some special events. Hire, train, schedule, evaluate and supervise a part-time coordinator and all part-time program staff and volunteers. Manage and develop budgets for programming responsibilities. Develop and promote programs for area of responsibility.
WORK HOURS: This is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours of work per week, Must be flexible and available to work nights and weekends within job duties assigned.