Job Title: Youth Program Recreation Intern (Fall 2017)
Salary: $8.75/hour, 12 weeks
Reports to: Aquatic and Youth Program Manager
Supervises: Junior Leaders and Youth Program Staff
Youth Program Intern will coordinate all day to day operations of youth programs including supervision of all youth program staff and participants. Youth Programs include, but are not limited to Junior Leaders, Kruisin Kids, Leisure Lizards, Fantastic Fridays, Middle School Drop Ins, Ski Trips and other youth trips.
- Plan, budget for and implement activities & attractions for Fantastic Fridays, Middle School Drop-Ins, School Day Off Programs and other Youth Programs
- Coordinate and supervise the Junior Leader Program
- Act as Lead Supervisor during youth programs
- Create staff schedules for youth programs
- Oversees daily set up and clean up of program areas
- Book School Day Off field trips
- Arrange vehicle use of busses and vans for field trips
- Assist with program bus transportation when needed
- Maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies
- Assist in the hiring process of Youth Program Staff
- Develop, budget and market 3 new Youth Programs
- Prepare reports, statistics and program evaluations for continuous improvement of future operations.
- Coordinate and schedule use of facilities for programming in coordination with other program supervisors.
- Develop promotional materials and cross promote within related program areas.
- Continue education on new industry related issues, procedures and techniques.
- Maintain and promote excellent customer service relations with participants, parents, and other organizations
- Maintain, organize and submit MNASR Inclusion Request forms
- Complete all school related reports and projects, as assigned
- Administer First Aid, when required
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual and Crisis Manual.
- Direct participants in the event of an emergency, such as fire, severe weather.
- Communicate with Aquatic and Youth Program Manager regarding any equipment needing repair or replacement.
- Attend related training and meetings as requested.
- Perform other related duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Education: Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation or related field.
Experience: Minimum two years of undergraduate coursework.
Certifications: CPR & First Aid Certification preferred, Classes available through Park District
Valid Illinois Driver’s License required, CDL preferred
_________________________________________________________________ The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.