Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative and management experience in an accounting or finance position. Experience in municipal position preferred. MBA is desired. Serves as the Supt. of Finance of the Park District. Responsible for leading, organizing, providing and maintaining the District's financial reporting systems, financial statements, annual Budget and Appropriation, Tax Levy, general finance and accounting activity, and Human Resources. Required knowledge of all facets of municipal financial administration and accounting; strong interpersonal skills to maintain positive and effective working relationships with the Board, staff and the public; strong organizational and research skills; and excellent communication and computer skills.
Employment Opportunity - Hoffman Estates Park District
Job Title: Full-time Program Manager
Closing Date: May 2, 2014
General Hours: This is an exempt position with full benefits. Standard 40-hour work week, with additional hours as necessary.
Location: 1685 W. Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
The Program Manager is responsible for the planning, operation, organization and evaluation of programs with the Hoffman Estates Park District including, but not limited to the STAR before & after school program, Kindergarten after school program (DCFS licensed), summer camps, school day out trips/mini camps and special events. Administrative duties include budgets, evaluations and manuals and supervision of part time staff. Please submit application online via the career opportunities page at www.heparks.org.
Address: 1685 W. Higgins Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
The Forest Preserve District of Kane County’s Operations & Maintenance Department is accepting applications for one (1) Preserve Maintenance Worker for the South Operations and one (1) for the North Operations.
GRUNWALD FARMS FOREST PRESERVE, ELBURN, ILLINOIS
MUIRHEAD SPRINGS FOREST PRESERVE, HAMPSHIRE, ILLINOIS
APPROXIMATELY 60 MILES WEST OF CHICAGO
HOURS/SCHEDULE: LIMITED TO 40-HOUR WORKWEEK, INCLUDES WEEKENDS, NIGHTS AND HOLIDAYS.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 7, 2014
All candidates must apply on-line at: http://www.kaneforest.com/employment/apply.aspx
Under direction of the Operations Supervisor or Operations Senior Staff, performs a wide variety of assigned work required to protect, preserve, interpret, operate and maintain District property. Emphasis is placed on carrying out preserve operations and maintenance for active open space and structural facilities, natural resource management projects, and providing visitor services such as: emergency response, ordinance interpretation, preserve information, and maintaining safe, clean, functional facilities. Acts as a crew leader for summer seasonal staff.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Mows and maintains District open space areas, bike trails, multi-use trails and roadways; removes fallen trees/branches caused by storm damage or other natural events.
- Insures proper maintenance of equipment and tools; performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment
- Assists Ranger staff as required and assigned: cleans and sanitizes restrooms and rental buildings, replenishes supplies; cleans up spills and picnic shelters.
- Collects and disposes of solid waste and litter from buildings and grounds.
- Performs semi-skilled building and structural maintenance.
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights; loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment and material.
- Assists the public as needed.
- Operates light to heavy construction and power equipment.
- Performs general and preventative maintenance on equipment and vehicles.
- Installs preserve boundary, directional and informational signs.
- Provides assistance with the preparation and maintenance of District garden areas.
- Provides assistance with the campground operation and collection of fees.
- Performs room setup for District events.
- Prepares site and provides assistance with District special events as well as special use permits obtained by the public.
- Opens and closes preserve gates as needed.
- Responds to emergency call-outs on a 24-hour, 7-days a week basis.
- Works irregular hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Possesses and maintains a valid and current Illinois driver’s license free from suspension or revocation during term of employment; must maintain insurability with the District's fleet insurance carrier.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CDL Class A license, and operate vehicles/trailers requiring such license.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules, and the Employee Handbook.
- Establishes positive relationships with community and preserve users.
- Provides input during the budget preparation process.
- Acts as a crew leader to Summer Seasonals; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Additional duties and functions may be essential.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years old
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience: One (1) year in landscaping, natural resources, recreation, or closely related field a plus; previous experience operating required equipment; or an equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and training.
- Certifications/Licenses: CPR/1st AID/AED, CDL Class A, Pesticide Operator; S-130 and S-190 Prescribe Burn or equivalent; all licenses/certifications must be obtained and maintained within one year of employment.
The Village of Algonquin, IL (Pop. 30,046) is seeking applicants for the position of Recreation Intern for the Recreation Division of the General Services Administration Department for students pursuing a degree in Recreation, Leisure Studies or related field. All necessary university or college requirements must be met to be eligible. The Village of Algonquin will be willing to accommodate your school’s requirements for an internship if applicable.
The internship will give a broad range of experience in all areas of the recreation department operations, including but not limited to: administration, camps, athletics, special events, fitness, and pool operations.
Work under the general supervision of the Recreation Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist the Recreation Coordinator with a variety of programs and facility operations.
2. Plan, implement, and participate in programs or events.
3. Perform administrative work such as creating flyers, making phone calls, developing evaluations, and helping with special events.
4. Attend various meetings with Village Staff.
5. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Education/Experience: Must be either currently attending college or a recent graduate with a major in recreation, exercise science, kinesiology, or a related field. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, have transportation to work, and be prepared to work with children and adults. Experience working with Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign, or their equivalent is a plus.
Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, sound judgment, and courtesy are imperative. Must be responsible, motivated, and have the ability to manage time effectively as multi-tasking is vital. Have the ability to work a variety of hours including some evenings and weekends.
Qualified individuals interested in this position should submit an application to:
Village of Algonquin
2200 Harnish Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102
Title: Finance Assistant (Part-Time)
Agency: Glen Ellyn Park District
Hourly Rate: $16.00 - $22.00 DOQ
The Glen Ellyn Park District is seeking a highly motivated, organized, multi-tasker, with ability to work well with others, who would be responsible for supporting various accounting and finance related job functions, including the reconciliation of Park District bank accounts, preparing journal entries, daily cash deposits, and providing support in the accounts payable, payroll, and human resource functions of the Park District.
The ideal candidate would have a bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field combined with three (3) years demonstrated accounting and reconciliation experience in governmental accounting is preferred. Candidates should possess the ability to work independently, solve problems comprehensively, and perform in a fast paced environment, detail oriented and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Proficiency in the use of computers and office machines is required. Excellent understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc. is required. Experience using Active Network registration software and/or Springbrook accounting software a plus, but not required. Proficiency in written communication including clear writing, grammar, punctuation spelling and vocabulary. Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service, strong verbal skills, organizational skills, advanced planning and analytical ability. Capability to utilize initiative and sound, independent judgment within established guidelines; prioritize, organize and coordinate work activities.
Typical hours are four (4) weekday days per week from 8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m. Exact days and hours could vary depending on the candidate and park district needs.
Interested candidates should apply online at: http://gepark.org/gen_employment.htm You are encouraged to attach a cover letter and resume. The Glen Ellyn Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Contact Name: Nick Cinquegrani
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com