Mt. Prospect Park District was incorporated in June 1955, and is located approximately 35 miles northwest of Chicago. Encompassing more than 454 acres, the Mt. Prospect Park District provides recreation programs, facilities and services to portions of Mt. Prospect, Arlington Heights, Des Plaines and Elk Grove Village, with a total population of 215,000.
We are currently searching for a full-time Buildings Maintenance Laborer. Under the supervision of the Buildings Maintenance Crew Leader and Buildings Department Manager, the Buildings Maintenance Laborer is responsible for aiding in the mechanical repair and maintenance of all Park District buildings and facilities.
The starting pay rate for the Buildings Maintenance Laborer is $13.00-$16.00 per hour, depending on qualifications. We offer a competitive full-time benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, VSP vision plan, park district facility usage and discounts, 457 plan, IMRF benefits, and paid time off.
Interested candidates will apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/mppd/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Maintenance Or, visit our website at www.mppd.org, and click "Careers" to begin the application process.
Job Description: Aid in the mechanical repair and maintenance of all Park District buildings and facilities as directed by the Buildings Department Manager.
Duties: • Take direction from others working on the same job or project. • Participate in preventive maintenance. • Purchase materials as needed with the approval of the Buildings Department Manager. • Respond in person for emergency night and weekend jobs, when contacted. • Required to participate in the emergency phone program. • Perform exterior maintenance as needed on a year round basis. • Perform remodeling jobs, make repairs on buildings, make repairs on outside facilities, maintain and repair swimming pools, heating and a/c systems, perform necessary electrical maintenance, carpentry and plumbing work, and use of a man-lift when required. • Participate in the Park District’s Safety training programs and serve on Safety Committee when required. • May be required to work special events from time to time at nights and on weekends. • Be familiar with and abide by Park District policies and procedures.
All other duties as assigned by the Buildings Department Manager, Director of Parks and Planning, and/or the Executive Director. However, in an emergency, perform all other duties as required.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must have high school education or G.E.D. equivalent or any combination of experience and training, which provides the knowledge and skills for this position.
• Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license. • Must be able to communicate effectively with others to allow for coordination of work and in emergency situations if needed. • Must possess a thorough knowledge in the use of common hand tools and power tools.
• Must be available nights and weekends, when needed.
• Must possess the ability to work with little or no supervision. • Familiarity with the use of large outdoor construction equipment such as loaders, backhoes, or skid steers is desired.
Physical Job Qualifications: Must be physically able to: frequently ascend/descend more than a 25% grade, lift 50 lbs. from a squat position, push/pull, reach, walk; occasionally balance, bend (must be able to bend at waist and touch the floor with fingertips), climb, crawl, crouch, kneel for long periods of time, sit, stoop; and constantly handle objects.
Due to the needs of the Park District, evening and weekend hours may be required. Your work schedule may vary and your work week may exceed 40 hours at times.
Nothing contained herein shall preclude or limit the Park District from changing this written job description through addition, deletion or modification of essential job duties.
• Develop, maintain, and administer the Park District’s personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal laws.
• Manage personnel recruitment, along with wage and benefit administration.
• Conduct and prepare wage and benefit studies and reports. Recommend appropriate modifications for the Park District.
• Coordinate new hire/rehire onboarding process and Districtwide trainings.
• Maintain all personnel files, including active and past employees, updating as necessary.
• Supervise two (2) full-time team members, the Payroll Specialist and HR/Accounting Specialist. • Responsible for oversight of the payroll process, including time and attendance software. • Manage workers’ compensation claims and PDRMA’s annual workers’ compensation paperwork. • Assist Superintendents and Executive Director in preparation of the annual budget and propose procedures and methods to facilitate budget preparation. • Investigate and resolve employee relation challenges.
• Responsible for all New Hire Reporting, E-Verify, background checks, and new hire/rehire paperwork. • Coordinate the probationary review and annual performance evaluation process. • Maintain and revise job descriptions, along with full-time and part-time wage ranges. • Manage unemployment claims in conjunction with Unemployment Consultants. • Oversee staff recognition program and make recommendations/modifications as necessary. • Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Business Services.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management, Personnel Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field required. • Minimum of three years’ experience in the administration of human resource functions. • PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification a plus. • Strong organization management with attention to detail, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills required. • Or any equivalent combination of education, professional experience and training is required.
How to Apply
On-line at www.bartlettparks.org under the Employment tab. Please include Resume and Cover Letter.
The St. Charles Park District is actively searching for a qualified, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and collaborative professional to lead the Recreation Department as the Superintendent of Recreation. Starting salary is $95,000 annually with competitive benefits. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 8, 2018.
Under the administrative direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation, this position is responsible for supervising the planning and operations of recreation programming, facilities, staff, and activities to advance the mission and meet the goals of the St. Charles Park District. The professional best suited for this position will be a strong collaborator and team leader with a high degree of knowledge in recreation management, community and customer service, facility management, marketing, budgeting, staff development, research and metrics, effective internal and external communications, risk management and the ability to complete special projects as assigned. The Superintendent of Recreation serves as an essential leader on the Park District Administrative Team and must have experience preparing and leading interactive presentations to audiences that will include residents, staff, elected officials, associate groups and vendors; among others.
Essential Education, Qualifications and Experience: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation, Business or Public Administration or a related field A Master's Degree and ongoing academic and/or professional coursework is desired Professional certifications in recreation and/or leisure services (e.g. CPRP/CPRE), or the willingness to become certified, Requires a minimum of five years of high level supervisory experience in recreation administration and management
The St. Charles Park District will accept applications and resumes through early June. The Park District wishes to screen candidates and schedule first round interviews by mid June and fill this career opportunity by July. Questions may be directed to the Director of Parks and Recreation or the Human Resources and Risk Manager.
All interested candidates must visit the employment page to read the full job description and apply for the career opportunity: https://www.applitrack.com/stcharlesparks/onlineapp/default.aspx?AppliTrackJobID=441&ref=
DESCRIPTION The Bensenville Park District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Superintendent of Marketing & Communications. The Park District manages 336 acres of open space, parks and recreation facilities, including White Pines Golf Club, Fischer Farm, Deer Grove Leisure Center and the Water Park. The Park District serves approximately 23,000 residents residing in Bensenville, Wood Dale and unincorporated DuPage County.
Reporting to the Manager of Park Operations, the Superintendent of Marketing & Communications is responsible for agency-wide marketing, public and employee communications and information distribution, and public relations efforts of the entire District operation. The position also manages identified aspects of advertising placement and sales, sponsorship, fundraising and revenue development components of the District.
QUALIFICATIONS The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or relevant work experience. The position requires a minimum of three (3) years related experience. Related experience in public governmental agency operations is desirable. Must possess and maintain a valid Illinois driver’s license.
JOB STATUS: Full time FSLA STATUS: Exempt
HOW TO APPLY Interested applicants should submit a resume and three (3) professional references by June 11, 2018 to: Evelyn Struck, Superintendent of Finance & HR, Bensenville Park District, firstname.lastname@example.org Position open filled. No phone calls please.
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week. The employee shall be considered on duty whenever a need exists for their services. Attendance is required at evening and/or weekend meetings, as directed.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Superintendent of Finance and Human Resources is responsible for providing financial and employee guidance to management, staff and the Board to ensure meeting of strategic initiatives while maintaining financial sustainability and positive culture for employees.
The Superintendent is responsible for the overall financial, business and human resources operations of the Park District. The Superintendent will manage multiple projects such as employee market analysis, capital planning, debt and finalizing a financial sustainability plan. The Superintendent will have a fantastic opportunity to maintaining an existing, efficient and high quality Human Resources area while assisting the Executive Director to analyze future organizational structure and needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, and a minimum of five (5) years full-time related experience and a minimum of three (3) years administrative experience. Preferred candidate has CPA designation and at least five years related experience in the management of fiscal operations in field of parks and recreation, municipal government, school districts, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
CONTACT: To apply, please go to our website: http://www.lakebluffparks.org/employment.html Job Closes: Open until filled and applicant should be able to start by mid-July, 2018.