The Glen Ellyn Park District is seeking a full-time Assistant Facility Manager to assist the Facility Manager in the operation of a large 88,000 square foot sports and fitness center and outdoor swimming pool. The Park District is looking for a high energy, ambitious, self-motivated candidate with the ability to manage well attended and highly active revenue facilities while providing leadership and direction to staff. The position requires excellent customer service skills in a fast paced environment.
Essential Job Duties:
• Assists Facility Manager with the operation and activities for the Ackerman Sports and Fitness Center. The Center includes a 7,000 square foot fitness center, walking track, three court gymnasium, rock climbing wall, group exercise room, multi-purpose rooms and large indoor turf.
• Directly responsible for the operation of the large outdoor aquatic facility.
• Responsible for the hiring, supervising, interviewing, training, evaluation and management of staff at both facilities. Provide ongoing leadership, foresight and motivation to staff. • Prepare and monitor annual operating budget of the aquatic facility while assisting the Facility Manager with the sports and fitness center budget. • Plan, organize, market, direct and evaluate a comprehensive program of activities at both facilities including but not limited to: large summer swim team, swim lessons, special events, camps, birthday parties, athletic classes and group exercise classes. • Collect and monitor all trackable and point of sale usage within the facilities. • Manage front desk operations incorporating customer service guidelines and membership sales practices. • Schedules and oversees maintenance operation for the facilities.
Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation, Physical/Health Education or related field • Two to three years of experience in facility management and programming, preferably in the health, fitness, aquatics and athletics area. • Willing to seek or currently possess professional certification in various health, fitness, facility and aquatic areas. • Solid computer and keyboard skills required. • Valid Driver’s License is required. • Willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please apply online at www.gepark.org
The Plainfield Park District, serving a population of 105,000 residents, ranked ninth largest park district in the state based on population, is seeking an Accountant. The District manages 91 parks on approximately 1300 acres of land. The District serves all of the residents of Plainfield, a portion of the residents in Romeoville, the City of Joliet, the city of Crest Hill, Village of Bolingbrook, and a portion of the residents within both unincorporated Will and Kendall Counties. The District is governed by a seven-member board of commissioners elected at large to six year terms. The District's executive director is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the Park Board, for overseeing the daily operations of the District, and for hiring appropriate staff to carry out the mission of the District. The District's S&P bond rating is AA with a stable outlook. The District has been the recipient of the GFOA Excellence in Financial Reporting Award for twelve years and is currently pursuing the GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the fiscal year beginning January 1, 2017.
The Accountant will be a key member of the Administration/Finance team and will be responsible for payroll taxes, fixed assets, bank reconciliations, monthly and year end close, and maintaining the general ledger. The position assists in budget preparation, tax levy preparation, audit, and monitoring of the budget. This position makes recommendations regarding accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
This is a full time, exempt level position with an excellent benefits package including participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of three years Accounting experience required; previous experience in governmental accounting preferred but not required. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, have a strong attention to detail and accuracy and be able to communicate effectively. Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and financial software. Closing date August 1st.
LOCATION: 23729 W Ottawa Street, Plainfield, Illinois
The City of Appleton is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Recreation Programmer. This position will assist in the overall planning and development of comprehensive recreation/leisure programs for the City of Appleton. In addition, the Recreation Programmer is directly responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and supervising diverse programs for all ages and abilities within the Recreation division. The successful candidate must be team oriented, creative, self-motivated and enthusiastic with exceptional leadership and collaboration skills.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Management or related field, three to five years’ supervisory experience. Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) desired. The hiring range for this full time position is $51,708 to $64,646 plus an excellent fringe benefit package. Work hours are generally 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with some evening and weekend hours required based on program responsibilities. Regular attendance required. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an application on-line at www.appleton.org. The application deadline is July 24, 2016.
The Northbrook Park District is looking for a creative and energetic Program Instructor to work at one of 5 elementary school for Adventure Campus (before and after school care).
Qualifications: Experience working with children is preferred. Enrollment in a college degree program in education, recreation or a related field is desired. Applicant must be available during the school year Monday-Friday from 6:45-8:30am or 2:45-6:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities: Adventure Campus staff is responsible for leading a group of 30-70 children through daily before-school or after-school activities. Other responsibilities include communicating with parents during drop-off and pickup and supporting the Site Director with activity/planning ideas.
No phone calls please.
Apply at the link shown!
Hoffman Estates Park District has an opening for a full-time building technician. This position receives a full benefit package, including IMRF, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, etc. Please see the District's website for additional information: www.heparks.org.
Job Title: Building Technician Closing Date: Until filled General Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week / Non-Exempt Pay Range: $35,000 annually Location: Parks Services Maintenance Building Website: www.heparks.org
Qualifications: Basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical and HVAC skills. A background in general maintenance is preferred but willing to train the right individual. Must be able to complete and pass a Certified Pool Operators course in order to maintain swimming pools. Operate snow removal equipment and obtain a CDL driver’s license. Receive written work orders and verbal instructions from a supervisor. Have the ability to perform tasks in a timely manner on your own but still can work well with others.
Duties: 1. Responsible for basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry work required throughout district buildings.
2. Accomplish job assignments with a minimum amount of supervision.
3. Responsible for the care and use of all park district equipment.
4. Designate job assignments and arrange work schedules to all employees under his/her direction.
5. Responsible for completion of assigned jobs, checking to be sure they are completed professionally.
6. Perform all job assignments in a professional manner.
7. Maintain open communications with the Division Director and park supervisors.
8. Deal with the public and fellow employees in a polite and businesslike manner.
9. Knowledge of occupational hazard and safety precautions as they relate to this position.
10. Must have experience in and knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, equipment, and effective practices used in carrying out duties of the assigned position.
11. Maintain work area in an organized and safe standard.
12. Responsible for maintaining all building and facility signage in a professional manner including making signs as required.
13. Paint with skill, both interior and exterior of park district buildings and aquatic facility. 14. Repair broken benches and fences. 15. Repair drinking fountains and water lines. 16. Repair, replace or lay new concrete for buildings, steps and sidewalks. 17. Repair asphalt streets, driveways and parking lots. 18. Keep up-to-date records and reports on inspections of and service to equipment; submit reports as required. 19. Perform maintenance and all repairs to all building fixtures, equipment, furnishings and the building structure. 20. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Please complete online application on the career opportunities page of the District’s website at www.heparks.org. If unable to apply online, please submit resume and cover letter to the attention of Bill Falsetti, Supervisor of Buildings and Construction, via the contact information below.
Address: 2352 Hassell Road City, State, Zip: Hoffman Estates, IL 60192 Email: email@example.com Fax: 847-885-8684