The position of Recreation Supervisor requires an individual who is capable of exercising independent judgment and who possesses the personal disposition generally required of people who work well with the public and other employees. The employee is responsible for the efficient management and operation of early childhood, camps, trips (youth, family and senior) and dance programs. The employee will work under the direct supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation. Salary Range is $34,000 - $38,000.
Essential Job Functions
• Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation or other related field.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in planning, organizing and implementing programs for youth, teens, adults and families.
• Must be able to hire, train and supervise part-time and seasonal staff as well as volunteers.
• Must be able to accomplish all aspects of a task properly and safely and in a timely manner. Needs to be detail oriented.
• Strong knowledge of early childhood and dance programs.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to communicate with the public, professional agencies and other Districts in a professional manner that positively reflects the employee and the Park District.
• Prepare and organize yearly program budget and marketing timeline.
• Must obtain an Illinois Class “B” CDL driver’s license within six months of employment.
• Maintain active participation in IPRA
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of RecTrac a plus.
• Communicate regularly with parents and participants of programs via telephone/email.
• Implements, plans and prepares programs for all types of activities and individuals.
• Responsible for inputting payroll, marketing of programs (website updates, e-blasts, flyers) and implementing co-op opportunities.
• Ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
• Must be able to identify on site all assigned program participants.
• First Aid/CPR/AED certification
• Must exhibit good judgment decisions.
• Will mainly be in an office setting. The employee will need to maintain a neat and orderly work space.
• Will be required to work in an outdoor setting at times. Temperatures will vary so please be prepared for the weather.
Work Hours/Work Week
• Normal work week will be designated by the Superintendent of Recreation as necessary to properly perform the duties of the job. A minimum of 40 hours per week must be achieved.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Tim O’Brien (email@example.com)
The Westmont Park District is accepting applications for Superintendent of Parks/Golf Course (full time with benefits) beginning October 1, 2015. Base salary $64,500 to $85,500 annually pending experience. Successful candidate will manage the District’s 9 hole par 3 Twin Lakes Golf Course on 26 acres of land, 138 acres of parkland, maintenance at numerous facilities, 4 full time maintenance personnel, part time and seasonal staff. Position requirements: graduation from high school or GED, graduation from a two (2) or four (4) year school with a turf management/science or related degree (agronomy, landscape architecture, horticulture, plant or soil science), four (4) years demonstrated experience in the field of golf course turf maintenance, golf facility maintenance and repair, golf course irrigation, member of Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America preferred, five (5) years of experience in park operations and staff supervision also preferred. Valid Class D drivers license is required. Successful candidate will train and work in concert with the District’s long time Superintendent of Greens until his retirement on May 31, 2016.
Primary responsibility is to ensure that all persons have a safe and enjoyable experience while visiting or using the Westmont Park District’s facilities. This individual performs a variety of supervisory and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and operation of the golf course, parks, facilities and fleet under the direction of the Executive Director. This work is hands on in nature. This person shall be responsible for the supervision, scheduling and management of the Parks and Facilities Foreman, full time maintenance personnel, golf course maintenance staff, park mowing and beautification crews and seasonal maintenance staff. The responsibilities include but are not limited to; turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, scheduling, maintenance and repair of irrigation systems, herbicide/pesticide/fertilizer applications, related recordings, compliance of regulatory issues, maintenance and repair of equipment (golf course mowers, utility carts, small mowers, hand held equipment and a fleet of 16 golf carts). This person will exercise professional judgment; display initiative within established policies and regulations; and perform a wide variety of maintenance tasks as may be assigned. Hours will be based on a 40 hour work week. Must be available for weekend and Holiday work hours. As required by law employee will participate in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administers the Park District maintenance program for all parks, facilities, golf course and the Village of Westmont mowing agreement.
2. Supervises the mowing, watering and maintenance of tees, greens, fairways, and related areas at the golf course.
3. Supervises the planting fertilizing and maintenance of turf at golf course and Park District properties.
4. Oversees the equipment maintenance program ensuring proper operation of all Park District mechanical and electrical equipment, motorized vehicles and park maintenance equipment.
5. Works with administration to evaluate staffing requirements. Hires, trains, manages and evaluates subordinate employees in accordance with the Westmont Park District Personnel Policy Manual.
6. Oversees parks and facilities maintenance management and frontline staff to ensure consistency and efficiency in delivering services.
7. Recommends and manages improvements made to park district properties through personnel and contractors.
8. Inspect turf areas daily for fungus, insects, and undesirable vegetation.
9. Keep inventory records on all equipment and commodities used in maintenance operations.
10. Supervises and works in planning all in-house and contracted capital improvement projects.
11. Manage, maintain and make small repairs on the golf course irrigation systems at the golf course, Bellerive Park, Veterans Memorial Park and Ty Warner Park.
12. Consult with golf course manager daily to prevent maintenance interference with play.
13. Maintain work/time records of golf and park maintenance staff employees, prepare bi-monthly payroll information and submit it to the Superintendent of Finance in a timely basis.
14. Prepare and submit a monthly Board report to the Administrative Office Manager.
15. Conduct staff meetings with direct reports. Attend monthly Board meetings.
16. Plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments, daily work schedules and assigns tasks to appropriate individuals, both written and oral.
17. Determines, calculates and secures the appropriate materials and supplies for a specified project or routine maintenance task.
18. Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances; adjusts errors and complaints.
19. Attends work on a regular basis.
20. Performs the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules, and the Personnel Policy Manual.
21. Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
22. Periodically attend continuing education seminars, workshops, and conferences to advance latest trends, skills and knowledge related to improve management efficiencies, golf course and parks.
23. Change cups and tees.
24. Core aeration.
25. Submit reports to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and Illinois State Water Survey.
26. Maintain and treat surface and subsurface pond weeds and algae the golf course ponds and at miscellaneous park sites.
27. Spray District properties for mosquitoes prior to special events as needed.
28. Assist the Recreation staff on various special events throughout the year.
29. Additional functions assigned which may be considered essential.
Generally 6:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday during the golf season. 6:00 am – 2:30 pm off season. Some weekend, holiday, evening and special event work will be required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf and methods of play.
• Knowledge of basic irrigation systems operations and maintenance including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
• Knowledge of mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products used for herbicide, pesticide, insecticide and fertilizer applications.
• Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations required from governing authorities affecting management of golf course maintenance operations and personnel.
• Knowledge of the construction and maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens and sand traps.
• Knowledge of the production and maintenance of turfs used on golf courses, parks and athletic fields.
• Knowledge of drainage control methods.
• Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
• Knowledge of park operations, ball field maintenance, playground maintenance and landscape maintenance.
• Management and supervisory methods.
• Park equipment maintenance.
• Computer skills
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required.
• Graduation from a two (2) or four (4) year school with a turf management/science or related degree (agronomy, landscape architecture, horticulture, plant or soil science).
• Four (4) years demonstrated experience in the field of golf course turf maintenance, golf facility maintenance and repair, golf course irrigation.
• Member of Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America preferred.
• Five (5) years of experience in park operations and staff supervision preferred.
• Must have and maintain a valid Class D Illinois driver's license.
• Basic understanding of tools, turf, landscape and maintenance equipment.
• Ability to administer all functions of park operations as required by the Executive Director.
• Certification as a pesticide applicator in the State of Illinois
• Basic computer skills required for proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) for written communication, report and management functions.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and application to Jobs@WestmontParks.org, or drop off your resume and application to
55 East Richmond Street, Westmont, IL Attn: Bob Fleck.
Link to application:
The Membership Services Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the Lakeview Fitness Center memberships including: new member registrations, renewals, payments, electronic fund transfers, membership changes, collections and cancellations, promotions/marketing. The Membership Services Supervisor is also responsible for supervising the front desk operations and front desk staff. This position also plans, organizes and implements club membership events. This position will act as a manager on duty for Lakeview Fitness Center as needed.
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in recreation, business, marketing, media relations, communication or related field. Current CPR and AED certification. Valid Driver’s License. Must be available for evening and weekend shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions
1. Coordinates and implements a comprehensive community/corporate membership sales program.
2. Manages monthly and annual membership retention programs, develops and implements membership programs that target new members, existing members, and members with infrequent usage. Follows up on prospective members and guests, provides tours.
3. Reconciles and analyzes, as required, daily log sheets, memberships, end of season reports, member surveys, prospective members and miscellaneous reports as required. Processes new membership paperwork, approve changes and cancellations.
4. Supervises front desk operations and responsible for part-time front desk staff including: selection, hiring, firing, evaluation and training.
5. Assists with new member orientation program.
6. Assists with the management of membership billing, registration, collections, correspondence, and account information.
7. Assists with marketing and promotion of the facility. Attends fitness/health fairs, and promotes membership and the Park District as a whole. Develops yearly promotional calendar for membership retention, renewal and new member recruitment. Plans, organizes and implements membership events, such as appreciation days, contests, sales, etc. Manages member rewards program.
8. Determines and supervises sales procedures for front desk staff.
9. Administers the FitRewards program.
10. Contributes to the on-going sales training/education for front desk staff. Attends team meetings on a regular schedule.
11. For all areas of responsibility; prepares and monitors the budget, purchases supplies and equipment. Assists with setting prices in the areas of membership fees and services.
12. Writes, designs, and edits member correspondence, membership newsletter, website and informative material.
13. Works a varying schedule and rotates shift hours to include a minimum of one night per week and one weekend day. Serves as facility manager on duty as assigned.
14. Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers through oral and written communications. Responds to internal and external phone calls, e-mails, comments and suggestions in a timely manner. Promotes District to patrons, guests and staff.
15. Performs the job in a safe manner and in compliance with the District policies, procedures, work and safety rules and the employee manual.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at www.vhparkdistrict.org, select About Us/ Job Opportunities/Recreation/Membership Services Supervisor.
The Parks and Buildings Laborer is responsible for the maintenance and landscaping of the District's Building/Park System. This is a full-time position. General work hours are a minimum of 40 hours per week. General work hours take place Monday through Friday, with some evening and weekend hours.
Applicant must be 18 years or older. A minimum of high school education, but preferably a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and/or a minimum of three years of progressive park operation work experience in the park and recreation industry. The individual must have knowledge of turf maintenance, including, but not limited to mowing, irrigation, fertilizing, seeding, weed control, athletic field maintenance, landscaping, construction of playgrounds, winter maintenance and operations of vehicles and tools; and also basic knowledge of mechanical, engineering, plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, etc. of building systems. Knowledge of pool operations preferred, but not required. The individual should possess friendly and effective interpersonal, written, verbal, and telephone communication skills. The individual will be expected to obtain First Aid/CPR/AED and have valid auto insurance and Illinois Class CDL driver's license. Other certifications may be required as deemed necessary.
Send cover letter, resume and completed Itasca Park District employment application to 350 E. Irving Park Road, Itasca IL 60143 via mail or in person. Emails will not be accepted. Employment application is available at www.itascaparkdistrict.com/employmentapp
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATOR
The Human Resources Administrator oversees a wide range of personnel administrative tasks including; new hire orientations, payroll, benefits, personnel law, evaluations, and exit interviews.
College degree in human resources or related administrative field required
Minimum of two years of human resource experience required
Must be well-organized and resourceful in personnel systems
Experience with electronic documentation preferred
Commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications. Selected candidate will be eligible for paid time off, full package of benefits, and retirement plans.
HOW TO APPLY
Download online application at http://www.olparks.com/board-staff/board-staff/job-openings. Complete and forward with salary history & resume to Phil Costello via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until position filled.