JOB SUMMARY Under supervision of the Superintendent of I.T., The Network & Systems Administrator’s primary function is to maintain the security and functionality of the Districts networking, software, and information systems. This position also supports the technical staff within the IT department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Primary job function is to maintain security of the Park District’s network and computer systems, using a variety of tools ranging from firewall(s) and security appliances, to endpoint security software and configuration policies.
• Maintains hardware required to operate the network, including routing/switching equipment, servers, and dedicated appliances.
• Configuration and maintenance of HP Store Virtual and Lefthand SAN systems.
• Operates and maintains a mixed environment consisting of physical servers and virtualized servers (VMWare and Hyper-V).
• Administration of an Active Directory domain consisting of approximately 1000 objects across 6 sites; responds to end-user password reset requests, and coordinates account changes with other IT staff as necessary.
• Maintenance of a Microsoft Exchange email system and/or Office 365 environment.
• Makes use of various tools to enforce policies, procedures and standards for use of the EGPD network and associated equipment.
• Active monitoring and optimization of the District’s network using live monitoring tools • Deployment of security patches and upgrades to servers, network equipment, and end-user workstations in testing and production environments. • Identification of obsolete, aging, or insecure systems and planning for future upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning of systems. • Establish, test, and maintain a disaster recovery plan; maintain backups for critical systems. • Ensure District compliance with various regulations (PCI, FOIA, HIPPA). • Provide Tier 2 support; respond to escalation requests from other IT staff and direct requests from end-users, as well as tickets as assigned in the Work Order system. • Identify and respond to outage situations; coordinate with vendors and internal staff to return to normal operations. • Assist in development of annual capital project plans; prepare detailed flow charts, diagrams, and reports when requested. • Deliver effectively and consistently on project plans, deliverables, and deadlines with minimal supervision. • Provide support during all hours of operation for District facilities. • Must be able to work overnight hours to perform preventive maintenance on the production environment. • Occasionally perform structured cabling installations or upgrades (CAT6 or Fiber Optic) • Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules. • Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS • Effective communication skills, both orally and written. • Excellent interpersonal skills. • Knowledge in project management; including documentation. • Strong knowledge of multiple operating systems; (Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, MAC OS X) and server Operating Systems and roles(e.g. Active Directory, DHCP, DNS); basic Linux knowledge is necessary. • Knowledge of or ability to learn installation and maintenance of network operating systems. • Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related field. Two year actual work experience in a network-or-server-focused role. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
For more information and to apply please visit our website at: www.elkgroveparks.org