The Village of Gurnee is looking for a passionate, talented and energetic individual who is ready to join our team in the newly created position of Community Engagement Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career to the next level while continuing to cultivate one of Illinois’ most professionally managed communities.
Key Responsibilities: In this role, you will be responsible for spearheading and supporting communication efforts with all stakeholder groups including but not limited to:
· Facilitating two-way communications for residents and businesses to engage with the Mayor’s Office and Village Administration
· Providing Informational and Marketing content via traditional and social media
· Planning, organizing, coordinating, and executing – including onsite logistics - special events, programs, and activities
· Serving as liaison between the Village and local businesses and community partners
· Prepare the annual budget and monitor expenditures for special event programing and activities
· Executing and managing contracts, policies and procedures as they relate to community events and economic development initiatives
· Pursuing and maintaining existing partner relationships to allow for the sharing of resources
The Community Engagement Coordinator can expect to work closely with the Economic Development Director and the Mayor to achieve goals in the area of program development, community engagement/outreach and external partnerships. This position is an integral part of Gurnee’s economic development efforts.
Key attributes of the candidate selected for this position will include: a highly collaborative individual; a self-starter who takes initiative to seek out opportunities; ability to work with considerable independence; an organized, detail oriented professional with a strong customer service orientation; extensive experience utilizing information technology to enhance outreach and communication with residents and businesses; strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated knowledge and successful experience in areas of special event planning and coordination; project management experience; and budget preparation and administration.
The Salary range: Anticipated hiring salary $101,500 annually (+/- DOQ): plus, a generous benefit package including health, dental, and vision benefits, employer-paid life insurance and other ancillary benefit options. Retirement benefits through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), retirement health savings plan through Mission Square with bi-weekly Village contributions along with the option to participate in a 457(b) deferred compensation plan. Paid time off; tuition reimbursement assistance; professional membership and certifications.
Work Schedule: Full-time position: 40 hours per week - The Village of Gurnee strongly believes in a work/life balance, our schedule is 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Attendance at special events is required.
Education/Experience: Qualified candidates will minimally have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred; at least 5 years of comparable experience - public or private sector experience in special event organization and planning, hospitality, public or business relations, or marketing / business communications desirable. Must be able to work flexible hours to meet scheduling demands of special events and daily work responsibilities.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for consideration for this position. First review of applications will occur February 14th, 2024. Position is open until filled.