Department: Recreation Position Title: Marketing & Special Events Coordinator Location: 33325 N. Sears Boulevard Wildwood, IL 60030 Reporting Authority: Park District Manager FLSA Status: FLSA Non-Exempt Classification: Part-Time Rate of Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour DOQ Hours: 20-25 hours per/week year-round not to exceed 1000 hours
The Wildwood Park District is looking for a dedicated professional experienced in graphic design, public relations, marketing and sponsorship procurement, social media management, and special event execution to take on the role of the Part-Time Marketing & Special Events Coordinator!
Summary: The Marketing & Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the creation and coordination of external written and digital Park District communications and marketing efforts. Specifically, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing initiatives related to promotion of the Wildwood Park District and engagement of the general public as defined by the Park District Manager. This position maintains the Wildwood Park District website, Social Media such as Facebook, Survey Monkey survey software, and develops business and sponsorship relationships with local establishments and community organizations. The position also calls for the execution and assistance with the marketing and public outreach efforts at special events, and assistance with preparation, organization, and execution of such events. Other duties with recreation programming as needed.
Education: A Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience, is required.
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience or equivalent required.
Required Certifications and Skills:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. • Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite Graphic Design Software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat PDF, etc. • Skilled in photo and video editing. • Strong computer background and proficiency required with Apple MacBook products, Microsoft Office Apps (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel). • Strong background in all Social Media platforms. • Knowledge and experience with website content management software, making updates and adding graphic images and videos to site. • Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, and website programs required. • Portfolio selections of sample print and digital design work required. • Have experience in a recreation or similar setting working with and/or planning and evaluating special events. • Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and special events as the schedule demands. • CPR and First Aid certifications required within six months. • Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. • Must successfully pass a background check. • Must successfully pass driver’s abstract and drug/physical screening if driving District vehicles. • Must be able to read and write and have strong command of the English language. • Must be able to perform basic mathematics. • Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Word. • Must possess professional phone skills and work well with the public. • Must present a neat and professional appearance.
• Help create, implement, and evaluate district-wide special events.
• Assist in set-up and take-down of equipment for district events as needed.
• Deliver regular content to social media accounts via Facebook, Instagram, NextDoor, Twitter, etc.
• Develop and maintain MailChimp email lists for purposes of digital and printed communications (newsletters), event invites and membership outreach in conjunction with district Guest Services Representative staff.
• Coordinate event logistics, collateral material and must be able to design event flyers using Adobe Creative Suite Design software, implement print production and distribution as well.
• Coordinate with recreation areas to populate local community calendars with Park District events and programs.
• Advertise and market all offerings including brochure development, school flyers, community signs, press releases and all social media.
• Assist in developing annual budgets for marketing/promotions area. Monitor budget income and expenditures and report to Park District Manager and District Accountant when asked. Complete seasonal reports as needed.
• Assist Guest Service Representative Staff in creating and disseminating monthly email newsletters.
• Cultivate and expand opportunities for event sponsorship and advertising in local TV, radio, and print media outlets.
• Cultivate and expand opportunities for business sponsorships through brochure ads and other mediums. Create lasting partnerships with local business community.
• Identify newsworthy events and coordinate media relations throughout the District. Includes: writing and/or coordinating press releases, flyers, posters, banners, email blasts, legal notices, etc.
• Build relationships with local media.
• Take photos and videos of Park District programs and events.
• Supervise and coordinate with event contractors, event user groups, and other Park District Recreation areas to assist with coordination and recommendations for their area special events.
• Assist design of Park District seasonal brochures, oversee recreation content area for accuracy and produce seasonal brochures for distribution to community, School Districts, Park District Facilities, and electronically on website and social media.
• Regular maintenance of Wildwood Park District website. Work with Guest Service Representatives to make sure all content stays current and special events and program opportunities are being promoted online. Assist Park District Manager in transferring website to new platforms if necessary.
• Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
• Assist Park District Manager in adherence to District-wide Marketing & Promotions Master Plan and Marketing Standards. Develop graphic standards and consistency of all marketing materials.
• Complete monthly Marketing and Communications reports for Board Meetings. This includes tracking and reporting of media postings of Park District activities and events as well as an overview of Park District Marketing initiatives and campaigns.
• Respond to complaints and questions related to recreation/public relations operations. • Order and maintain necessary promotional district supplies and equipment. • Attend all meetings as required by the Board.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Park District is a drug free and smoke free work environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly indoors however there is exposure to outside weather conditions including working in direct sunlight, working in extreme temperatures and rain.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
For More Information:
Please send resumes, examples of field or classroom work, and a cover letter to Park District Manager Brandon Magnini at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a completed application.
To visit our website employment page and download an application and the full job description, please visit: www.wildwoodparkdistrict.com under “About Us” and “Jobs”.
Please direct any other questions to email@example.com or call us at (847) 223-7275.
The Wildwood Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Board will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
WHO WE ARE: The Elmhurst Park District, established in 1920 and located 16 miles west of Chicago, provides parks, recreation facilities and programs to meet our mission of enriching lives while having fun! We serve residents of the Elmhurst community as well as residents of neighboring towns!
We have an exciting full-time job opportunity for a COMMUNITY EVENT & DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR to join our Marketing & Communications department and be part of an organization that values being community focused, providing customer service excellence, working with integrity, and having fun! We are looking for someone who will help us achieve our vision of becoming a national leader in providing parks and recreation experiences to our community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: The Community Event & Development Supervisor is responsible for creating and developing well-organized and successful events, building the District's brand by enhancing relationships within the community, securing revenue through sponsorships and advertising, and recruiting and coordinating District volunteers.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: Manage District participation in Community Events and coordinate with Community Groups to secure involvement Facilitate and coordinate all District community events by working with other departments, planning budgets, timelines, and , supervising volunteers & staff, and working with marketing team to develop and coordinate promotion plan for each even Plan budgets and timelines, and define resources needed for each event Secure sponsorships for Community Events and other District opportunities through the development and execution of sponsorship sales strategy Manage the development of key sponsorships for events and programs Serve as sponsor liaison at all sponsored community events ensuring sponsorship satisfaction and engagement Manage coordination of sponsor recognition in printed and online marketing material Develop relationships and secure advertising for District, including brochure, websites, e-news and other printed communications Develop target lists and strategies by business category and season to develop advertising revenues Recruit, hire, train and evaluate staff and volunteers and provide ongoing leadership and supervision Plan and manage District volunteer recognition events Serve as resource for PEP Foundation board, attend meetings, take minutes, distribute information
WHAT YOU’LL BRING: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field with 4 years experience in direct sales Proven negotiation skills Experience in building concise, impactful marketing presentations for sponsors and advertisers Proficiency in computer word-processing and spreadsheet applications Proven problem-solving, communication, organizational and customer service skills
WHEN YOU’LL WORK: Workday is Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm, plus evenings and weekends as necessary for events
WHAT YOU’LL GET: The starting pay for this exempt position is $53,000. Actual salary will depend upon qualifications.
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including: Defined contribution medical insurance plan (5 plan options) Dental insurance plan Vision insurance plan District paid life insurance Participation in IMRF (retirement, disability, death benefits) Vacation days, personal days, sick leave and 9 paid holidays! Sick bank leave, paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Two deferred compensation programs (VOYA & Nationwide) Voluntary Supplemental insurance coverage for short-term disability, accident, hospitalization Flexible spending accounts for unreimbursed medical and dependent care Free family Courts Plus Membership and Pool Passes! Free/discounted District programs, merchandise and concessions Educational assistance/tuition reimbursement Professional organizational membership Values Recognition Program Service Awards Program Employee social activities Credit Union (Central Credit Union of Illinois)