The Marketing & Sponsorship Specialist is responsible for achieving sponsorship goals and fostering community engagement through a variety of platforms and outreach efforts. This role fosters positive relationships with existing and new sponsorship partners through research and fulfillment of contractual obligations and partnership connections. This position will also manage the District’s community engagement through the promotion of the park district’s programs, facilities, and events through social medial management, community outreach activities, and the development of District celebrations to build a strong online community.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages the District’s sponsorship and advertising program, working closely with staff to set goals and grow opportunities to support District financial sustainability
· Identifies and pursues outreach opportunities to connect with diverse segments of the community, such as schools, local organizations, businesses, and community leaders to enhance the District’s programs, events and sponsorships
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with community partners, develops sponsorship and advertising agreements and executes benefits throughout the sponsorship cycle.
· Develops strategies to achieve sponsorship goals through connections and creative opportunities.
· Monitors, coordinates, and communicates with sponsors to ensure sponsor satisfaction.
· Assists sponsors on-site during events and other celebrations.
· Organizes and maintains sponsorship files and prepares reports and budget documents as needed.
· Creates, manages, and monitors social media content across various platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) to promote park district activities, programs, and events, and respond to inquiries.
· Develops video and photography content for use on website and social media
· Develops strategies to increase followership and engagement on social media platforms
· Creates and distributes electronic newsletters to promote District programs, events and news
· Works effectively with internal departments and external partners to develop, plan and implement District celebrations and community events
· Attends meetings and assists with other administrative duties as requested
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the art practices, participating in professional societies
· Researches and keeps up with current sponsorship trends
· Assists in formulating and managing the sponsorship and advertising budget
· Required to work select evenings and weekends
· May be required to work evenings and weekends to assist with District events
· Must have regular, consistent, and predictable attendance
· Follows and adheres to all District and safety guidelines
· Performs other duties as assigned
· *Job may be modified at any time
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field is preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years in sponsorship management and social media or communications
· Strong customer service and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to manage and work collaboratively with internal and external customers
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to promote and maintain effective working relationships
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact and social media platforms
· Valid Illinois driver’s license (may receive within three months of employment when possessing valid out of state license)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Work is performed in an office environments and various recreation locations where there is exposure to outside weather conditions. This position must occasionally be able to move, carry, and lift objects and equipment for special events, which requires use of manual dexterity and coordination. Object may weigh up to 50 pounds. May occasionally be required to move between stations at events with a variety of terrain in an expedient manner. May occasionally move in the office to access cabinets and office equipment. Frequently operates a computer or other productivity equipment. May remain stationary for an extended period of time. Must be able to exchange accurate information, assess, inspect, and judge conditions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, The District will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.