Under the direction of the Marketing Brand Manager, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating marketing materials and managing the park district’s social media pages. The Marketing Specialist must be creative, detail-oriented, and willing to undertake a variety of marketing-related tasks.
This position is available as part-time or full-time, depending on the qualifications and requirements of the ideal candidate. Wage will be determined based on experience. Full-time/salary will range from $44,000-$55,000. Part-time/hourly will range from $19-25 per hour.
Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design or related field • Valid Illinois driver’s license
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities • Flexibility and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks • 5+ years of graphic design experience strongly preferred • Ability to compose copy for emails, marketing materials, etc. • Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative suite • Experience with WordPress and MailChimp a plus • Experience working on a small marketing team preferred Essential Duties & Responsibilities • Develop print and digital marketing materials (flyers, posters, digital displays, etc.) • Create and execute direct mail and email communications • Design and develop the park district’s seasonal brochure • Manage social media page content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) • Secure photos and videos of park district programs and events • Create videos for website and social media • Create and execute digital advertisements (SEM, Facebook, Instagram) • Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager via email to schedule an interview. The initial interview(s) will be conducted via Zoom. The final interview will be conducted in person outdoors (with face coverings and adequate social distance).
General Purpose: Responsible for all aspects of banquet operations at the Mayfair Banquet Facility and the marketing aspects of the Westchester Park District as a whole, performing a variety of professional and administrative tasks while focusing on detail, quality presentation and customer service. In addition to banquet operations, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategies for the District.
Supervision: Works under and reports directly to the Mayfair Center Manager. Responsible for hiring, training, monitoring and evaluating banquet staff – including banquet supervisors, porters, birthday party staff and security personnel with the approval of the Mayfair Center Manager.
Compensation: This position is exempt. Starting hiring range is $36,000-$40,000 with an excellent benefits package.
Scheduled Hours: This is a full-time, IMRF-eligible position. Hours will vary to include days with some evenings and weekends.
Skills: • Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public and provide excellent customer service. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and the ability to handle stressful situations. •The ability to work well with a large group of people in a team environment. •Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of the operation of office equipment. Ability to learn the District’s registration software RecTrac. •Basic knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices. Ability to perform cashier duties for payments accurately and train others. •Knowledge of marketing, public relations, sales, and customer service is preferred.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in hospitality, marketing or business management is an asset but not required. Must possess a current Food Service Sanitation License or receive after 60 days on the job. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: •Schedule appointments for prospective clients for banquets, finalize contracts, follow through on and receive payments, maintain contact with clients throughout the process, follow up at the conclusion of the rental and provide any additional services necessary. •Performs routine clerical and administrative work in answering phones and e-mail, monitoring all rental requests and returning correspondence in a timely manner. •Provide on-site supervision of rental agreements for large parties/events, maintaining open communication with guests and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded. •Keeps an open line of communication during rentals with on-site staff to help troubleshoot rental issues or answer questions. •Monitors staff to ensure all procedures are followed. Conducts formal annual review of banquet staff performance and provides guidance in performing their jobs better. Provides discipline of personnel when required. Handles employee concerns and promotes a positive work environment and team atmosphere. Conducts staff meetings to build rapport and ensure staff is well informed. •Produces a monthly banquet report. •Controls banquet costs by seeking new ways to decrease expenditures and increase revenue. Maintain inventory of supplies and order/pick up what is needed for banquet operations. •Markets and promotes banquet facility to encourage additional rentals, opportunities, and revenue. •Accepts member/guest complaints/concerns and works with the Mayfair Center Manager to provide a solution in a timely and professional manner to ensure guest satisfaction. •Develops and manages the advertising/marketing/public relations master plan for the District and oversees all marketing initiatives for the District. •Assists in planning, implementation, advertising and participation of special projects and community-wide events. •Prepares a quarterly report of marketing and communications tasks/projects. •Coordinates and administers all aspects of the banquet, marketing and sponsorship budgets. •Educates and advises park district staff on advertising and public relations. •Oversees and coordinates development and distribution of all outgoing publicity for the Recreation Department, including but not limited to newsletters, electronic posts, marquee, and notifications. Implements and manages agency social media outlets. •Develops relationships with local media outlets. Coordinates services of outside marketing specialists as needed. To apply, please email a cover letter and a resume to Rory Joyce, Mayfair Center Manager, at email@example.com. Any questions, please call Rory at (708)562-6410 Ext. 326.
Full time, IMRF with health and dental benefits
The primary responsibility is to ensure that all persons have a safe and enjoyable experience while visiting or using the Westmont Park District’s facilities. Under the direction of the Director, with the assistance of the Superintendent of Recreation and the Superintendent of Revenue Facilities & Technology, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for the preparation, creation, editing and release of all promotional materials and advertising support functions on behalf of the District programs and facilities. This position requires excellent writing and language skills and the use of judgement to prepare press releases.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist should be graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or other related fields. The Marketing Coordinator must have a minimum of two years of successful full-time experience in public relations or marketing.
• Thorough knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment.
• Excellent written, customer relations and business skills
• Good knowledge of computer systems, plus Microsoft Excel, Publisher, and Word programs.
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to use social media, including Facebook.
• Required Technology - Required software proficiency: Adobe CC; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Rush, WordPress
• In an 8-hour workday (40 hours/week) employee may engage in activities that may include, but are not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, driving, bending, twisting and lifting. • Performs job safely and in compliance with the Park District's policies and procedures, work rules and safety rules.
Leadership – Devise marketing plans and objectives based on the strategy, customer requirements and environment of the organization; sets appropriate goals and holding self/others accountable for high and low performance; serves as a coach/mentor to others. Interpersonal – Effectively works with others; being cooperative; establishes appropriate business relationships; displays political acumen and sensitivity. Customer focus – Conveys sincerity, competency and approachability with internal and external customers; anticipates needs of the customer and effectively meets them; seeks feedback to ensure expectations are met. Team Dynamics – Works effectively with the team to obtain optimum results, foresees and manages conflict situations effectively; promotes cooperation, commitment, momentum and pride. Analytical – Integrates and synthesizes information to reach suitable conclusions. Flexibility – Adapts to change; willingly accepts changes to work assignments; removes barriers to accelerate change. Self-Direction – Demonstrates assertiveness by taking initiative and responsibility, uses own judgment to solve problems and improve processes; maintains current knowledge in area of specialty. Safety – Adheres to organizational safety policy, procedures and practices; offers suggestions to improve safety; acts as a role model for others. Listening – Actively listens to others to obtain information; requests clarity as necessary; confirms understanding. Excellent Oral Communication – Expresses oneself clearly and concisely; adapts style to audience. Excellent Written Communication – Demonstrates an aptitude for grammar with the preparation of reports, composition of routine and non-routine correspondence. Research – Gathers and incorporates information by identifying appropriate resources in order to find solutions. General Mathematics – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Work is performed in an office. May require working overtime and attending evening and weekend Park District, community and other special interest group meetings, programs and events. Will require occasionally working outdoors. • English must be spoken, read and understood to perform the functions of this position. • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be high in some instances. • Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, good manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Personnel and Employment Policy.
Submit Westmont Park District employment application, cover letter, resume, and maximum of 3 work samples of digital media was that created for previous employment by applicant. Media should not exceed 8mb for each file (24mb total). Media should only be in the form of a .PDF (no .mp4), if any video is submitted a link to the file location is to be included (YouTube, Vimeo). By submitting work samples you certify the submitted file(s) was made solely by the applicant, and is 100% applicants own work. to Jobs@WestmontParks.org, attn:Robert Fleck
ABOUT THE JOB
Members of Team NSSRA are dedicated individuals with enthusiasm and initiative. The Manager of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of effective communications, marketing, public relations and media relations to promote the growth in public awareness and the overall image of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Plan, monitor, and coordinate all promotions, graphic design and public relations, and marketing efforts for NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of marketing plans to enhance the public awareness and image of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Maintain and enforce brand guidelines for NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Coordinate and supervise the production of seasonal program guides including the development of the annual program guide production timeline.
• Coordinate, plan and organize the dissemination of information for NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation programs, services and large events through the media and related systems. Develop, write, edit, and distribute press releases.
• Develop yearly and monthly schedules for press releases, feature stories, social media, photography and video requests, and coordinate all aspects with the media.
• Maintain content of and coordinate updates to all agency websites as well as applicable social media sites.
• Coordinate all aspects of visual media including a seasonal photography/video schedule and electronic filing of photos and videos.
• Negotiate contracts and price quotes for outsourced services, and monitor expenditure of funds for assigned projects and other activities.
• Maintain files and records of correspondence, articles published, public relations pieces, and agency history for both NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Coordinate the promotion of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation in the partner agencies and within the communities which NSSRA serves.
• Assist at various programs and large events, providing support, taking photos and coordinating with the media.
• Perform other duties necessary for the efficient and effective operation of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
• Must have a minimum of three years of full-time experience in marketing, writing, communications, graphic design/layout, production of promotional materials or a related field.
• Strong writing, proofreading and photography skills are required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Dropbox and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo) is required.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn the following platforms is required: Black Pearl (email signature management), Bloomerang (donor database system), Buffer (social media scheduling), Clickx (social media analytics), Constant Contact (email marketing), Magisto (video), Wordpress and Squarespace (web).
• Demonstrable knowledge of project management, organization skills, including the establishment of priorities and management of multiple projects.
• A valid Driver’s License and personal transportation are required.
SCHEDULING & PAY
This is a full-time, year-round position that may require evening and weekend work. Salary is $53,000 to $61,000 a year, dependent on qualifications.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
NSSRA offers a generous benefit package which includes: medical, prescription and dental coverage, vision reimbursement, life insurance, pension plan, and paid time off.
JOIN THE TEAM
Complete an online application at www.nssra.org/jobs to schedule an interview.
Position is open until filled. Please apply early as recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately.
NSSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.