This is a full-time position responsible for the coordination and execution of a comprehensive public information and marketing program for the Belvidere Park District.
Applicants must be positive, organized, have an excellent work ethic, and be able to effectively direct and manage a wide range of projects and tasks simultaneously. Applicants must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or closely related field from an accredited college or university program required. • Three years of direct experience in marketing and special events required. • Previous experience in marketing recreation programs a plus. • Supervisory experience preferred. • Knowledge of principles, practices and objectives marketing and promotion including website and social media. • Develop and implement marketing plans that focus on brand management to build a strong image that moves people to register for programs, use open space, or build relationships within the community that promote healthy living. • Coordinate the planning, organizing, disseminating and maintaining of public information for all programs and events through communication media including but not limited to (i.e., website, email blast, social media, TV, radio, newspaper, other print media, etc.) on a concise and timely basis. • Design and coordinate the production of seasonal brochures, newsletters, flyers, posters, banners, postcards, dasher boards, table tents, certificates, press releases, newspaper advertisements, news media, miscellaneous brochures, other printed material, along with Park District web site and electronic signboard. • Develop outreach methods to Hispanic community in coordination with Recreation and Administrative staff. • Develop advertising and sponsorship opportunities for the seasonal brochures, programs, events and various festivals. • Develop a way to evaluate the effectiveness of the Park District marketing promotions in general. • Develop and maintain sponsorship agreements with area businesses by prospecting, cold calling and giving presentations. • Valid Illinois driver’s license & good driving record required. • Successful criminal background check.
This is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Superintendent of Recreation. The starting salary range for this position is $51,168-$63,960 annually. This position includes an excellent benefits package.
Please complete an on-line application and attach your letter of interest and resume at www.belviderepark.org by September 15, 2019. JOB ID 415
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Marketing/Special Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the overall promotion of all Park District events and programs, as well as the Park District as a whole through social media, print media, electronic media, and other forms of communication with the public. The Marketing/Special Events Coordinator will assist the Recreation Department staff with the planning, development, promotion, and management of all Park District special events. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Recreation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Develop and implement specific goals and objectives related to marketing and promoting events, programs and the Park District as a whole with assistants from the Assistant Director of Recreation. • Assists with producing, distributing and evaluating print and electronic marketing communication materials, including but not limited to: Program brochure, print and electronic newsletters, bulletin board displays, lobby monitors, electronic street signs, advertisements, flyers, pamphlets, posters, and other point of sale collateral. • Works with the Assistant Director of Recreation to establish, coordinate, and execute the social media plan for the Park District. • Works with department staff to ensure effective promotion and awareness of VPD programs and special events at all facilities i.e. flyers, posters, newsletters, etc. • Establish and maintain relationships with the press, including writing press releases on a regular basis with assistance from the Assistant Director of Recreation. • Assists the Assistant Director of Recreation in the development/creation of the Park District’s seasonal brochures and newsletters in cooperation with the recreation department staff. • Maintains and updates Park District website and mobile applications. • Establishes and updates email database and maintain regular email communication with residents. • Responsible for purchase requests, purchase orders, invoicing, contracts, and rentals for • Marketing and Special Events. • Assists with the Assistant Director of Recreation with coordinating Park District representation at community events, health fairs, school open houses, etc. • Works in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Recreation to plan, assist, supervise, and manage all Park District Special Events. • Works with the Assistant Director of Recreation to prepare annual marketing budgets in accordance with District goals. • Maintain the upkeep and cataloging of the Veterans Museum and its content. • Assists the Assistant Director of Recreation in seeking sponsors and donations, including assisting the coordination of Softball Tournament sponsorships. • Maintain print clipping files, photographs, targeted mailing lists and all other appropriate marketing materials; and develop, catalog, and maintain an up-to-date photo and video library for district use. • Works with recreation staff and reviews all district flyers, posters, calendars, etc. before going to print. • Maintain and inventory all district wide special event storage closets. • Distributes district program guides, newsletters, and fliers to local schools, libraries, villages, and district facilities. • Displays and monitors all print media posted throughout the district’s facilities. Organize and inventory all park district promotional items. • Responsible for the coordination, displaying and storage of the district wide holiday decorations. Acts as the District photographer for special events and key community relations activities. • Assists the Assistant Director of Recreation with the Volunteer binders and applications.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE Associate Degree required, four-year degree preferred in marketing, communication and/or related field. One-year recreation experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SUMMARY: The Marketing & Communications Administrator is responsible for managing the public relations, public information, social media, and marketing plan/strategies for the Park District.
SUPERVISORY: The Marketing & Communications Administrator reports to the Executive Director. The Marketing & Communications Administrator works with Corporate & Community Relations, the Creative Services Administrator and the IT Manager to create print and multi-media pieces and elements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Communicate with the Executive Director regularly on all marketing and promotional Park District matters.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director, Creative Services Administrator, Corporate & Community Relations, and IT manager when creating and expending annual budget.
• Effectively manage the District’s brand and any sub-brands of the organization through collaboration with the Creative Services Administrator. • Create and order promotional giveaways, District apparel, accessories, and service awards. • Develop and maintain social media initiatives through content development and communication.
• Create marketing and promotional presentations for the Oak Brook Park District. • Work with the Oak Brook Park District staff to promote programs and events. • Manage all public information efforts at the Park District: • Develop newsletters and membership promotions for facility and recreation departments. • Work with Creative Services Administrator to manage/create the Park District's three seasonal guides, aquatic & camp guide, facility and program brochures, plans, reports, flyers, signage, maps, logos, banners, signs and promotional pieces. • Create content, written copy for guides, website, e-newsletters and issue press releases. • Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies.
• Make presentations to Oak Brook residents and community groups. • Coordinate facility surveys and program evaluations. • Manage all marketing efforts at the Park District: • Develop, evaluate, and manage a marketing plan that addresses internal and external factors. • Manage the creation and production of promotional materials (e.g. signs, banners, display cases, park and facility signs). • Collaborate and promote Lunch & Learns, Teambuilding events, STAR Party and Summer Picnic for District. • Develop and maintain media relations with local and regional television, radio, and newspaper agencies. • Assist with creating marketing and promotional presentations, displays, strategic plan, master vision, annual reports; including analytics. • Assist with all distributions for schools, parent packets, team packets and registrations. • Support the District’s safety initiative including adhering to policies and procedures, performing your job in a safe manner, attending required training, seeking additional training as needed, promptly reporting accidents/incidents, and proactively addressing hazards in the workplace. • Perform any duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: • Attend Park District meetings. • Assist in Park District Special Events. • Represent the Park District in various public forums. • Attend conferences and workshops to promote knowledge in related areas of responsibility.
PSYCHOLOGICAL REQUIREMENTS: • Ability to work independently in day-to-day operations. • Ability to work in a team atmosphere. • Ability to utilize computers with proficiency in word processing and basic spreadsheet applications. • Ability to work effectively in a climate of political assertiveness and interaction, requiring timely administrative responsiveness and flexibility. • Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment. • Must be able to deal with people under stressful and demanding situations. • Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with department heads, supervisors and other staff members
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: • General work area is indoors, in a smoke-free environment, with controlled temperature and fluorescent lighting. • Perform tasks that require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching and sitting. • Drive motorized vehicle to travel to different locations. • Perform lifting tasks up to 25 pounds.
HOURS: The Marketing and Communications Administrator position is a full-time position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. The scheduled work hours for this position are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. Adjustments to scheduled hours need to be approved by the Executive Director. This position may require some evening and weekend work for presentations, networking and special events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field. Some Graphic Design experience is required. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in public information, public relations or marketing with preference given to those individuals with a Park and Recreation background. Computer experience in Office, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat. A valid Illinois Driver's License is required. Ability to become a Certified Park and Recreation Professional by passing the CPRP exam. CPR/AED certification is required and training will be provided by the Park District.
BENEFITS: In addition to the salary, the Oak Brook Park District offers a comprehensive benefit package including participation in the employer sponsored health and life insurance plans; paid holidays, vacation and sick days; professional development reimbursement; membership in professional organizations including NRPA, IAPD, and IPRA; membership in the District's Fitness, Aquatic, and Tennis Centers; non-elective participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF); and elective participation in a 457 retirement fund.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Laure Kosey, Executive Director, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to: Oak Brook Park District, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523
The Oak Brook Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION: Coordinates and implements the execution and production of marketing initiatives at Heritage Bluffs Public Golf Club, a facility of the Channahon Park District.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of two years of experience in a comparable position. Demonstrated skills in marketing, social media strategy and knowledge of the game of golf. Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: • Maintains a positive community image for Heritage Bluffs. • Strives to maintain a positive environment among the District’s organizational divisions. • Knowledge of business development techniques to increase revenue within the golf, retail, and food & beverage operations. • Create, develop and execute marketing campaigns that motivate the local and regional golf community to play Heritage Bluffs. • Responsible for benchmarking and measuring results of Heritage Bluffs golf marketing mix. • Responsible for building, implementing and managing Heritage Bluffs online presence, to effectively support the growth and expansion of Heritage Bluffs’ programs, events and operations. Daily activities include managing digital creative including social media, graphic design, digital signage, email marketing, and ongoing web maintenance. • Coordinates preparation of print materials including golf information for the District’s Program & Service Guide, newsletter, flyers, posters, newspaper/magazine advertisements and other printed material as necessary. This includes writing, specifications, design and layout, and responsible for printing and distribution. • Responsible for the development of a customer service training program that strengthens the overall guest experience at Heritage Bluffs Public Golf Club. • Arranges for photo and video coverage and maintain a current photo/video file of Heritage Bluffs events and activities for use in electronic media, print materials and power point presentations. • Actively supports the Safety Policy and the District’s established loss control program including training, safety rules, and developing ideas for the prevention of incidents, while providing a safe environment for Park District staff members and patrons. • Responsible for regular attendance and punctuality.
REPRESENTATIVE MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform other duties as directed or requested
POSITION CONSIDERATIONS: • Skilled in the art of dealing with people, public speaking, graphics and written communications. • Knowledge of revenue generating techniques in order to generate sponsorships, publication advertisements, etc. • Knowledge of time management techniques and the ability to use skills in developing schedules, adhering to timelines and managing multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time. • Ability to function independently, possessing a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction. • Knowledge of financial management and the ability to develop a budget and monitor revenue and expenditures to ensure a balanced budget. • Ability to use safe practices in accomplishing work. • Ability to deal with people under stressful situations. • Display initiative when working within area of responsibilities. • Display creativity in project development and implementation. • Ability to respond quickly and accurately. • Required to work some evenings and weekends.
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: The Executive Director
JOB PURPOSE: The Development Director is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of Foundation fund development strategies, fundraising events and annual giving campaigns and Board cultivation. Work cooperatively with the FVSRA staff to position FVSRA and the Foundation to gain the support of individuals, corporations, foundations, donors and service clubs and implement campaigns.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Parks and Recreation, Business/Public Administration or similar field with proven experience in fundraising (5 years preferred); fund development, sponsor solicitation, proven written and oral communication skills; and understanding of grant writing and event management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Work cooperatively with the Executive Director and staff in the research and submittal of grants and funding applications. 2. Develop and manage the implementation of Foundation goals and fundraising strategies, including an Annual Giving Program. 3. Set and meet annual funding goals to cover salary and Association scholarship grants. 4. Identify, initiate, and establish relationships with various community stakeholders, FVSRA Member Agencies and other organizations. 5. Recruit, develop and maintain Board and committee member relationships; lead Board and committee meetings. 6. Recruit and train volunteers and coordinate volunteer committee such as Friends of FVSRA. 7. Plan, evaluate, implement and lead fundraising campaigns and activities; work cooperatively with all fundraising event committees. 8. Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and make recommendation in support of goals and strategy. 9. Arrange and implement presentations regarding Association and Foundation by speaking in public, presenting information, facilitating groups, influencing and negotiating. 10. Manage the recognition of the support and involvement of event sponsors, donors and volunteers. 11. Solicit donations of funds, goods and services for special events. 12. Manage the Foundation’s budget and fundraising programs. 13. Utilize donor software, event registration software and other computer technologies to maintain a donor database in order to effectively communicate, data gathering and report activities. 14. Ability to work flexible schedule for events as well as travel in and around the community by utilizing a personal vehicle or other methods of transportation. The hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM; however, work day evening hours, holidays, and weekends may be required. 15. Perform other reasonable duties related to the position as assigned.
COMPENTENCIES: Collaboration - Promotes and supports work teams and groups Reliability - Performs responsibilities dependably and accurately, fulfills promised actions Responsiveness - Focuses on the customer, willingly helps others and provides prompt service Assurance - Conveys trusts and inspires confidence Empathy - Deals with individuals, appreciates their differences, handles emotions and shows compassion for others Self Confidence - Recognizes the contributions of others and is conscious of own ability Initiative - Begins and follows through energetically with plans and tasks Communication - Shares information, listens to what others are saying Adaptability - Makes decisions and solves complex problems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The Foundation Manager must, with or without reasonable accommodations, be able to perform the following functions:
WORKING CONDITIONS: This job operates in an office setting occasionally assisting with larger Agency Programs or Foundation events. The noise level can range from quiet to loud. When working indoors conditions can include different types of lighting and temperatures. Working outdoors may include exposure to different types of weather conditions. Exposure to elements may occur when driving to meetings or assisting with Agency programs or Foundation events.
BENEFITS: Complete medical, dental, vision, and life insurance package; vacation, personal, and sick days; ten paid holidays; pension plan; continuing education opportunities; Member Agency leisure benefits.