JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems, water supply networks, swimming pool mechanical systems and waste and drainage systems per proper building / life safety codes as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years of age with a valid IL driver’s license. Associates Degree or Journeyman Plumber status in plumbing / mechanical system trade or related field, or currently working towards completing Associates degree or Plumbing Trades Apprenticeship. At least 3 - 5 years relevant experience required in the plumbing trades.
PAY & SCHEDULING: This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday from 7:00 am until 3:30 pm. Additional availability required for overtime, special events, and emergencies. Schedule has potential to change based on seasonal demands. Target hiring range is $24.00 - $27.00 per hour dependent on qualifications.
BENEFITS WE OFFER: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including: Medical Coverage, PPO or HMO, Prescription Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Reimbursement Program, Life Insurance (basic & voluntary), Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF), Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF), 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan, ROTH IRA & Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, Personal Days, Vacation, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits
APPLY ONLINE! Visit us at www.GlenviewParks.org – click on “Jobs” at the top of the page.
If interested, please apply early. Recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately.
The position of Athletics & Special Events Supervisor is responsible for the efficient management and operation of athletics, leagues, fitness programs and special events. The employee will work under the direct supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation and requires an individual who is capable of exercising independent judgment and who possesses the personal disposition generally required of people who work well with the public and other employees. Salary Range is $35,000 - $40,000 depending upon experience & qualifications.
Essential Job Functions • Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation or related field. • Strong communication and leadership skills. • 1 – 2 years’ experience in planning, organizing and implementing programs for youth, teens, adults and families. • Strong knowledge in athletics programming, league planning and special events preferred. • Must be able to hire, train, supervise and evaluate part-time and seasonal staff. Must be able to obtain and work well with volunteers. • Must be able to accomplish all aspects of a task properly and safely and in a timely manner. Needs to be detail oriented. • Ability to work independently, efficiently and be a good team player. • Ability to communicate with the public, professional agencies and other Districts in a professional manner that positively represents the Salt Creek Park District. • Prepare and organize yearly athletic & special event program budgets and marketing timeline. • Must obtain an Illinois Class “B” CDL driver’s license within six months of employment. • Maintain active participation in IPRA and attend monthly meetings within your designated program area. • Evaluate all program areas and make recommendations for program improvements. • Use creativity and consider needs of the community when planning new programs. • Teach programs in the absence of staff. • Work some nights and weekends to make sure all program areas are covered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Working knowledge of Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of RecTrac a plus. • Communicate regularly with parents and participants of programs via telephone/email. • Implements, plans and prepares programs for all types of activities and individuals. • Responsible for inputting payroll, marketing of designated program area and implementing co-op opportunities with local surrounding districts. • Ability to lift at least 40 pounds. • Must be able to identify on site all assigned program participants. • First Aid/CPR/AED certification • Must exhibit good judgment decisions.
Environment • Will mainly be in an office setting. The employee will need to maintain a neat and orderly work space. • Will be required to work in an outdoor setting at times. Temperatures will vary so please be prepared for the weather (jacket, water bottle, sun screen etc.)
Work Hours/Work Week: • Normal work week will be designated by the Superintendent of Recreation as necessary to properly perform the duties of the job. A minimum of 40 hours must be achieved.
Description: The Glen Ellyn Park District seeks a full-time Recreation Supervisor who is creative, energetic, mature and demonstrates an understanding of recreation programming for various age groups. The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for the planning and general administration of various recreation programs including early childhood and youth specialty classes, dance, summer camps, special events and adult/seniors.
Essential Job Duties: • Plan, implement and coordinate recreation programs and events for various age groups. • Recruit, interview, hire, supervise, train and evaluate large workforce of part-time and seasonal employees. • Coordinate and supervise specialty contractual programs. • Create, develop and oversee small to large community special events. • Develop and maintain accurate, up-to-date program budgets. • Purchase and secure related program supplies and equipment. • Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers through oral and written communications. Respond to internal and external phone calls, emails, comments and suggestions in a timely manner. • Generate information needed to promote and market programs through three seasonal Activity Guides; Coordinate information through registration software program (ActiveNet). • Consistently monitors programs, activities, events and facilities to ensure their operation in a safe, equitable, professional, organized, comprehensive, fiscally responsible and personable manner.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field with a minimum of three-year’s program supervisory experience preferred. Valid Driver’s License is required. Willingness to work a flexible schedule when needed. Passionate about the recreation field with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Please visit www.gepark.org to complete the online application and submit a resume. Closing Date: Open until filled
The Northbrook Park District is seeking a Recreation Supervisor - Figure Skating to work at our Sports Center facility. This is a full-time position with benefits and enrollment in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for program management, development and supervisory oversight for the planning, directing, evaluating and staffing of the figure skating programming and camps and the annual production of Northbrook On Ice. Hours may fluctuate based on programs and special events; evening and/or weekend work may apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, design and plan, lead and monitor the execution of the annual production of Northbrook On Ice; direct all aspects of performance/production; synchronized skating programs, on and off ice training, camps and freestyle ice.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of assigned programs and events.
• Recruit, select, hire, train, supervise and evaluate part-time and seasonal staff and volunteers; compile and review all necessary paperwork; continuously develop staff by providing feedback.
• Prepare the budget for areas of program responsibility; execute and maintain operations within the confines of the approved budget allotment; continually monitor and evaluate expenses and revenue.
• Plan, promote and manage Off-Ice programming and skill development classes.
• Manage daily freestyle ice programming.
• Coordinate and manage assigned summer camps.
• Oversee the Icette Program; may act as a Program Coach.
• Create and administer operational/procedural-based trainings for staff and volunteers; develop procedures for program and/or facility operation as needed.
• Monitor and evaluate program performance to include program site visits, enrollment trends, patron wants and needs, and cost/profit margin with a focus on continued growth and development, while ensuring competitive program pricing.
• Develop, coordinate, and implement ice-focused special events.
• Manage program and/or event contracts/agreements based on need with program oversight; confirm proper documents are received and meet the District’s contractual and insurance specifications; ensure terms of contract are being followed; coordinate internal efforts in accordance with the contract/agreement terms to meet service needs.
• Order supplies for program areas; manage and track supply inventory.
• Assist with the direct supervision of programs and events as needed; assist and/or attend special events as required.
• Prepare and submit check requests for invoices and reconcile purchase card transactions according to the District’s Purchase Policy.
• Initiate and assist with the promotion and marketing of programs, including brochures, creating flyers and use of other promotional materials.
• Enforce and communicate safety rules and procedures with staff; address and correct unsafe conditions; address unsafe employee behavior.
• Report any work-related or patron injuries, incidents or unsafe conditions to supervisor; address unsafe conditions as appropriate; complete or review incident/accident report forms as needed.
• Foster and maintain effective professional working relationships with the general public and co-workers.
• Remain current on trends and innovations for areas of responsibility.
• Perform all job tasks in a safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree with major coursework in Recreation Management or related field, supplemented by one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in figure skating programming. One to three (1-3) years of figure skating instruction experience is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working proficiency in use of technology systems. Able to ice skate and instruct skating classes and teams and assess ice skating skill level.
• CPR/AED Certification or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
• Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification preferred.
• Knowledge of the Ice Skating Institute (ISI), Professional Skaters Association (PSA) and U.S. Figure Skating (USFS) teaching curriculums.
• Knowledge of program and budget management.
• Knowledge of software applications, such as for program registration, budget management and time and attendance management.
• Familiarity with customer service practices.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Work is performed in an office setting, as well an in the ice rink arena and on the ice rink. Position requires exposure to colder temperatures for short and long periods of time. May occasionally work outdoors, in warm or cold temperatures for short periods of time.
• Required to sit, stand, walk, bend, talk and hear; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
• Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
• Required to wear figure skating ice skates and skate on ice; will be exposed to periodic cold temperatures and slippery surfaces.
• Specific vision abilities are required and include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; may infrequently lift and/or move objects 50 pounds or greater with staff assistance.
TO APPLY: Complete an online application, along with a cover letter and resume at nbparks.org/jobs.
The Norridge Park District’s Early Care and Preschool Academy provides child care and educational programming for children ages 2 to 5, as well as for school age children in grades Kindergarten through 6th. Our mission is to meet the developmental needs of enrolled children and the societal needs of their parents by providing top quality care in a nurturing and educational environment while taking time for fun.
The Academy is seeking a Superintendent who is capable of building upon its well-respected heritage and reputation and who will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operation of the Academy, including curriculum development, staff hiring and management, marketing and communication, recruitment and enrollment, parent relations, budget development and oversight, policy creation and adherence, purchasing of supplies and equipment, property maintenance and other duties as identified on the complete job description (which can be found on the Park’s website at www.norridgepk.com).
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Administration, Public Administration or related field from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree preferred. • A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Early Childhood Education. • A minimum of 2 years of experience as an administrator in Early Childhood Education. • Meets DCFS qualifications for Child Care Director or ability to meet them within an agreed upon timeframe. • Knowledge of NAEYC accreditation and state licensing procedures preferred. • Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. • Proven leadership, as well as managerial and organizational skills. • Knowledge of fiscal procedures and budgetary planning. • Knowledge of efficient personnel management techniques. • Computer fluency and working knowledge of basic accounting software. • Emotional maturity when working with children, parents and staff. • Ability to perform duties with sound judgment, persistence, integrity, tact and courtesy. • Demonstrated professional skills in the areas of curriculum planning, staff development, in-service training, program goal setting, lesson planning and performance appraisals.
This is a full-time, exempt position that offers major medical, dental and life insurance as well as pension and disability benefits.
Full details regarding work hours, paid vacation, salary and benefits will be addressed during the interview process and upon offer of employment.
To apply, please submit the following materials (in PDF or Word format) to Annemarie Flaherty at email@example.com or mailed to 4631 N. Overhill Ave., Norridge, IL 60706.
• Complete resume, including all schools, degrees and positions held. • One to two-page personal statement describing qualifications and educational philosophy. • Three professional references. • Completed Application for Employment (found on our website at www.norridgepk.com)