Salary Range: $42,000.00-$57,000.00
Starting Salary Range: $42,000.00-$48,000.00 (Note: Must be within the first 40% of the Salary Range.)
Working Hours: The Athletic Manager is a Full Time position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. The scheduled work hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, including ½ hour unpaid lunch.
Summary: The Athletic Manager is responsible for managing all children, youth and adult athletic programs, camps, special events, leagues, platform tennis program and facility, park rentals, intergovernmental and private school utilization and scheduling, and batting cage reservations for the Park District, directly managing program and facility staff and volunteers.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in park and recreation or closely related field. A minimum of 3 years experience in recreation programming management with preference given to those individuals with a parks and recreation background. Basic knowledge of computers. A valid Illinois State Driver License (Class D). Ability to become a Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) within 1 year.
Immediate Supervisor: The Athletic Manager reports to the Superintendent of Recreation. All athletic & platform tennis contractors; seasonal program, platform tennis, and facility rental staff, and volunteers reports directly to the Athletic Manager.
1. Prepare board reports, financial reports, and administrative reports for the board and/or committee meetings. 2. Communicate with the Superintendent of Recreation regularly on Park District matters. 3. Prepare and maintain the fiscal control of the recreation department budget in the areas of athletic programs, special events, camps, leagues, platform tennis, and park and facility rental operations. 4. Prepare payroll for all staff directly reporting to this position. 5. Plan and prepare performance appraisals. 6. Recruit, hire, train, and coach employment of Park District personnel. 7. Directly manage all athletic children, youth and adult programs, special events, and leagues. Develop, implement, and directly manage program curriculum. 8. Develop, implement, and directly manage leagues, including but not limited to Softball, Volleyball, Bocce, Platform Tennis, and Pickleball. 9. Directly manage all seasonal program staff & volunteers, and directly supervise athletic contractors. 10. Directly purchase all program supplies. 11. Directly manage the travel and recreation basketball programs. Serve as the liaison on the Youth Basketball Committee. 12. Serve as the liaison with all youth sport organizations. Regularly meet with organizations to schedule field needs and special events. Establish field use and light use schedule in accordance with the Park District Field Use Policy. Submit monthly invoices for field and light use. 13. Develop, implement, and directly manage the platform tennis program, including: membership, house and travel leagues (levels, flights, rankings), special events, and lessons. Directly supervise platform tennis pros, contractors, and volunteers. Serve as the liaison on the Platform Tennis Committee. 14. Directly manage the rentals for all parks and facilities. Directly manage facility rental staff. 15. Work with the Communications & Marketing Supervisor to effectively market all athletic programs, camps, special events, leagues, and platform tennis. Develop and submit seasonal Fun Guide, monthly newsletter, fliers, and social media information to the Communication and Marketing Supervisor. Solicit youth basketball program sponsors. 16. Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all communications. 17. Collaborate and coordinate program space with local schools.
18. Research, utilize, and manage current software for batting cages, rankings, and scheduling. 19. Promote a quality loss control/safety program for the Park District. 20. Perform any duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Marginal Functions: 1. Attend Park District meetings as necessary. 2. Conduct regular staff meetings. 3. Represent the Park District in various public forums. 4. Assist the registration desk with registration and customer service. 5. Substitute for the Superintendent of Recreation, Administrative Assistant, or program staff if they are unable to perform their work.
Psychological Considerations: 1. Must provide team leadership. 2. Ability to work effectively in a climate of political assertiveness and interaction, requiring timely administrative responsiveness and flexibility. 3. Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment. 4. Must be able to deal with people under stressful and demanding situations. 5. Must be able to function under stressful situations when first aid or CPR is required.
Physiological Considerations: 1. Perform tasks that require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching, and sitting. 2. Drive a motorized vehicle to travel to different locations. 3. Perform lifting tasks up to 50 pounds.
Environmental Considerations: May be exposed to the elements when driving to meetings, supervising a program, or at an outdoor site; these conditions include lighting, humidity, and temperature.
Cognitive Considerations: The Athletic Manager must exhibit good problem solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District.
Under the supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, the Recreation Assistant performs a wide range of administrative duties in relation to Kid’s Zone (Before & After School Program), Friendship Station Preschool, and seasonal camps.
The Recreation Assistant reports to the Recreation Supervisor, Superintendent of Recreation and the Executive Director.
The Recreation Assistant must have a minimum of a high school diploma, experience in public relations, customer service and office work or a combination of education, experience and training which provides the following required knowledge and skills; modern office support skills and procedures; standard methods of filing; clear writing, grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary; establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with a focus on quality services to internal and external customers; use initiative and sound, independent judgment within established guidelines; prioritize and coordinate work activities; compose routine correspondence, board material and other documents; make accurate arithmetic calculations; maintain confidentiality of work.
Hours: Shifts range between the hours of 6am and 6:30pm.
Answer phones and greet Geneva Park District patrons in a pleasant and cheerful manner.
Process program registration forms and all other follow up requirements of registration including class input procedures.
Liaison to school district in providing weekly student enrollments.
Process all change and withdrawal forms accurately and update all necessary documentation.
Maintain accurate master schedules, including sign-in/attendance sheets for all sites.
Process and update all waitlists.
Maintain accurate and organized files.
Accurately respond to all customer concerns/questions in a timely manner displaying superior customer service skills.
Assist with necessary typing as assigned by supervisor.
Assist with weekly/monthly newsletters.
Additional clerical work related to organizing files and scanning forms.
Keep front desk, workroom, and hallway/bulletin board areas organized and updated with current information.
Maintain current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Other duties as assigned.
Inform the Recreation Supervisor and other staff members of all pertinent matters.
Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships among staff members, program participants, and public-at-large.
Establish a pleasant attitude on the telephone and in person.
Complete other duties as assigned by the Recreation Supervisor, Superintendent of Recreation or Executive Director.
Assist all employees of the Park District as needed.
Ability to operate Park District vehicles.
Handling Park District materials up to 50 pounds. Assistance will be provided when necessary.
Resolve differences and problems that arise with patrons and work together with other employees.
Must exhibit good problem-solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District.
May be exposed to elements when driving to meetings or when assisting workers with outdoor functions. Most activities are performed indoors; these conditions include lighting and temperature.
To apply please complete an online employment application on our website: www.foxvalleyparkdistrict.org
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess a high school degree or equivalent with some college course work preferred. Previous grounds maintenance experience is required with the ability to operate various lawn equipment, trucks and tractors. Previous supervisory or crew leader experience preferred with effective communication skills and good decision making in stressful situations. Ability to work well independently and as part of a team. Illinois Department of Agriculture Pesticide Operator license required. A valid Illinois driver’s license is required, a CDL “A” is a plus. Must be in good physical condition to perform manual labor in various weather conditions including high heat, humidity and cold. Bi-lingual Spanish is a plus. Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, with possible overtime during prime season is essential.
Duties: Under the direction and supervision of the Westside Park Operations Supervisor, the FT Grounds Maintenance Worker must be sufficiently skilled to perform a wide variety of maintenance tasks with minimal supervision related to the long-term care and maintenance of District parks and grounds. Responsible for general landscape maintenance work which includes mowing and trimming of grass, shrubs, trees, etc. Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls. Assist in supervision of seasonal staff while helping to insure schedules are met and projects are completed in both an efficient and timely manner. Additional duties include but not limited to; spraying herbicides, performing construction or repairs to park elements and preventative maintenance of equipment. Removal of all garbage, paper, refuse material, etc. from trails, parks and playing fields. Occasional removal of snow from parking lots, sidewalks, etc. and spreading salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup. Perform other duties as assigned. Will assist other divisions and departments as needed. This is an at-will position.
The Fox Valley Park District is a dynamic and growing park district that serves a diverse population of more than 236,000 people. Recognized as an Illinois Distinguished Agency, Fox Valley holds the nation’s highest honor as a National Gold Medal Award winner for excellence in park and recreation management Serving the communities of Aurora, Montgomery and North Aurora, the District maintains 168 parks and 48 miles of inter-connected regional trails amid 2,500 acres of parkland. Connected by the Fox River, our communities are tied together by the District’s commitment to promote vibrant, healthy lifestyles through fun and safe recreation opportunities that are environmentally and fiscally responsible. The Fox Valley Park District…Where Fun Begins!
Title: Facility Manager Location: Lakeview Fitness FLSA Classification: Exempt Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director Direct Reports: Membership Services Supervisor, Recreation Supervisor I - Fitness
To move forward with the application process, an online application must be completed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/vhparkdistrict
SUMMARY The Facility Manager coordinates, supervises, plans and evaluates all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the fitness center and indoor pool operations and programs. The manager must ensure the continued growth of programs and memberships.
QUALIFICATIONS A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, exercise science, physical education or a related field. Must have with a minimum of three years’ experience in the recreation or fitness field and three years of supervisory experience. CPRP Certification to be obtained using NRPA eligibility guidelines. A valid Illinois Drivers license is required. CPR Certification is required within six months of hire date. Must be available for some evening and weekend shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for the daily operation, maintenance and customer service of Lakeview Fitness.
2. Plan, direct, evaluate and promote the sale of memberships.
3. Oversee community/corporate membership sales program.
4. Support the Membership Services Supervisor’s efforts to sell, retain and renew memberships.
5. Develop a yearly calendar of programs, events and membership specials. 6. Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager and Marketing Coordinator to promote Lakeview Fitness membership sales, special events, fitness and aquatic programs. 7. Promote a culture that values and provides excellent internal and external customer service. 8. Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate full time staff. Coach and mentor direct reports for most effective performance. 9. Oversee the hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating of part-time, Lakeview Fitness staff. 10. Approve payroll for all staff. 11. Conduct regular staff meetings. 12. Communicate with and support the daily activities of the Childcare Manager, Recreation Supervisor–Aquatics and Facility Maintenance Technician. Provide feedback to their supervisors as needed. 13. Prepare annual budget projections including capital expenditures. Regularly monitor revenue and expenses for Lakeview Fitness. 14. Oversee the purchase of facility equipment, materials and supplies. 15. Approve brochure copy for membership, programs, and general facility information. 16. Attend Board meetings as required. Provides monthly facility operation reports to the Board. 17. Enforce facility standards for maintenance, safety, and cleanliness. 18. Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines and procedures. 19. Serve on the Safety Committee as requested. 20. Annually review fitness equipment to establish condition and to develop a fitness equipment replacement plan.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS 1. Continue education through conferences, training, workshops, etc. on new issues, trends, and procedures related to the field. 2. Serve on internal committees as assigned. 3. Assist with park district special events as assigned. 4. Appropriately resolve concerns, problems and emergencies that arise including building evacuations. 5. Attend meetings and in-service training as required. 6. Other duties as assigned.
Frankfort Square Park District is seeking a Seasonal Maintenance Laborer. Ability to maintain, repair, properties and operate equipment. Flexible hours available (weekends & holidays also needed). Applications available at www.fspd.org or 7540 W. Braemar Ln, Frankfort, 185-469-3524 for info.