Do you love to work in a great community? Then the Woodridge Park District located in Woodridge, Illinois is for you! We have an opening for a full-time Food and Beverage Manager for the Village Greens Golf Course. As a five time Illinois Distinguished & Accredited Agency Award recipient, the Woodridge Park District serves approximately 35,500 residents with 690 acres of parks and sites offering over 1,000 programs each year. A person in this role is responsible for the general operation of Bunkers of Village Greens Golf Course under the direction of the General Manager/Head Golf Professional. This will include banquets, outings, catering, and the execution of daily food and beverage service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily and demonstrate the District’s core competencies consisting of adaptability/flexibility, dependability, initiative/productivity, integrity/ethics, interpersonal skills, job knowledge, personal organization, work quality, situational resolution, and teamwork. Additionally, an individual must meet the District’s compliance standards in relation to policies and procedures, financial accountability, maintaining required licenses and certifications, and risk management/safety. Essential duties include but are not limited to: develop standards, qualifications, and responsibilities for part- time/seasonal staff; recruit, interview, hire, train, schedule, and supervise 10 to 15 staff members which include cooks, servers, and beverage cart attendants; complete/approve time worked for payroll as well as process gratuities where applicable; evaluate performance of all food service employees and hold performance discussions; ensure all proper sanitation requirements are in place through instructing all employees in the proper manner of handling food and equipment; responsible for ordering, purchasing, and coordination of restaurant food, beverage, and equipment; responsible for timely approval, coding and submission of vendor payable invoices to Finance Department; responsible for satisfactory cleaning and maintaining daily work areas to include but not limited to kitchen, restaurant, patio, storage areas, and food preparation/cooking equipment; calculate food production needs, prepare/assist in preparing food, and serve/assist in serving food and beverage items for up to 250 people; prepare timely food beverage and liquor inventories on a weekly and/or monthly basis as directed by the General Manager in accordance with Park District financial procedures; book and schedule banquets, meetings, catering, and parties; coordinate banquet and event scheduling with Outing Coordinator and/or General Manager in order to avoid conflicts between golfers and banquet guests; and accurately define sales items within the POS system and ensure sales are being properly accounted for at the time of sale. A full job description is available upon request.
* Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Hospitality, Culinary, Business Management or a related field or an equivalent amount of experience.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Culinary, Business Management or related field is preferred.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience supervising/running a food and beverage operation.
* Three (3) years of experience supervising/running a food and beverage operation is preferred.
* Experience in the golf industry preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to use two-way radio for communication.
* Strong knowledge of food and beverage operation safety, sanitation, health hazards, and proper food handling methods.
* Excellent knowledge and skills with food preparation and presentation methods.
* Knowledge of computer software programs including Microsoft Office, POS software, and the Internet.
* Ability to visually inspect all work areas, golf course and grounds
* Ability to retrieve, read, and interpret information from technological resources.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills to effectively perform and prioritize job responsibilities.
* Ability to effectively adjust to stressful situations.
* Ability to work effectively with the general public, cooperating agencies, businesses, organizations, civic groups, and park district employees.
* Ability to resolve differences and problems that arise with contractors, patrons, and employees.
* Ability to read, understand, remember, and interpret routine documents such as safety rules as well as communicate information therein.
* Ability to identify and respond quickly to emergency situations.
* Ability to effectively problem solve and adapt to change.
* Ability to obtain and maintain Alcohol Serving Training Certification (BASSET).
* Ability to obtain and maintain Illinois Health Department Food Service Manager Certification required.
* Ability to obtain and maintain first-aid certification and adult CPR/AED certification.
We are seeking a dedicated individual who is a self-starter with an eye for detail that strives for excellence and has an innate ability to interact with the public, an staff; understands strong customer service; possess good organizational skills; good written & oral communication skills; skilled in time management; and able to problem solve in unexpected situations.