Manager of Operations in Family Entertainment Industry
JOB SUMMARY: We’re looking for a candidate that has a passion for the family entertainment industry and a successful track record in operations management. Manager of Operations is a key position that reports to the General Manager of our 14 acre indoor-outdoor regional entertainment center in Joliet. Our company - Trails Entertainment Centers - owns and has successfully operated family entertainment venues in the Chicagoland area since 1975. This park has it all: three go kart tracks, two miniature golf courses, batting cages, laser tag, indoor and outdoor rides, a casual-dining restaurant that seats up to 300 guests, a 5 acre picnic grove that hosts company events for up to 1500 guests.
Our ideal candidate would be a seasoned operations manager with 2 yrs. management experience in the family entertainment, recreation facilities or restaurant industry who has exceptional guest service skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Manage daily operations and procedures in the following departments: restaurant, reservations, indoor and outdoor
attractions, game room, redemption center.
• Lead and influence employees; set a professional example in attitude, business-like appearance, and work habits.
• Create memorable experiences – every guest, every visit - with employees throughout the park. • Recruit, interview, hire, train and evaluate employee performance in keeping with company guidelines and applicable laws; Update employee training modules as needed. • Perform opening and closing duties; Prepare work schedules in keeping with budgets and restrictions on part time hours worked. • Evaluate guest experience in all profit centers and make recommendations that will increase revenue and the guest experience.
• Use and train staff on the Center Edge and Embed software systems. • Communicate with the General Manager on a regular basis regarding any questions or problems. • Other duties as assigned by General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Excellent management skills; Results-oriented with “best practices” and “continuous improvement” management style. • Must have a great “Can Do” attitude that is contagious. • Be a personable, smart and engaging to all guests and employees. • Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality or facility management or comparable years in management experience a plus. • Flexible schedule: must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed. • Self-starter with attention to detail • Budgeting skills that include controlling food and labor costs • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to hire, train, and communicate with staff and guests. • Ability to handle a fast-paced environment as well as manage staff’s productivity during slower periods.
BENEFITS • Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, 401K • Salary negotiable - based on experience
Send resume and salary history to:
F. Sikora Trails Entertainment Centers Fs8334w@gmail.com
Job Summary: The General Manager/Technician is responsible for the on-time high-quality resurfacing and other scheduled maintenance of the ice sheet, maintaining the building cleanliness and safety standards with minimal supervision. This position uses independent judgment within the parameter of the Park District and Ice Arena policies to prioritize and complete tasks and projects to ensure high quality customer service consistent with the changing priorities of daily programming and the inherently changing safety and cleaning needs of an ice arena. Other project will be offered based on skills, interest and needs of the ice arena and its guests.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Provide day-to-day supervision of Ice Valley Centre Ice Arena Customer Service Staff in the Admission Office and/or Breakaway Cafe including supervision of all staff members when needed.
Provide a safe, clean, and family-friendly environment by working within the policies, procedures, and rules established by the Kankakee Valley Park District.
This position may require you to fill in a position if there is a call off, etc.
Will complete all necessary paperwork to comply with PDRMA. Make sure all records are up to date.
Conduct all front desk staff trainings (pre-season, monthly meetings, safety trainings, etc). Conduct and attend regular Ice Facility Management meetings.
Assists in staff evaluations twice a season.
Communicates all disciplinary actions prior too to the HR Manager.
Ensure all staff and patrons adhere to the facility rules.
Work cordially with all Park District staff and patrons of the facility and respond to needs promptly.
Check and respond to messages (voicemail and email) from staff, patrons, and other managers within 24 hours.
Assist in the evaluation and training of Customer Service Staff in the proper procedures and policies.
Be familiar with all computer and concession equipment, and facility rules.
Complete necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
Operating and maintaining the z=Zamboni
Change filters in the air filtration system
Inspecting belts for air handling units for wear and tear
Testing condenser tank water
Maintaining HVAC System
Maintaining dehumidifier operation
Maintaining surface of the ice
Checking humidity levels in arena area
Comply with the district dress code (clean presentable clothing
Perform the duties of a technician
Communicate with KCC fitness
Keep maintenance logs up to date
Payroll approval each pay period
Schedule all IVC staff on w2w (excludes fs, hockey instructors, spec events)
Oversee concession operations/supervisor
Accident/Incident Forms completed and turned in promptly, all incidents involving employees or any incidents requiring EMS shall require immediate notification to the Facility Manager.
Develop and maintain a good working relationship with patrons and groups.
Monitor cleanliness of entire Ice Arena.
Check and monitor inventory on a daily basis and submit proper forms with daily deposit.
Read and understand the Kankakee Valley Park District’s Personnel Policy Manual, IDPH Food Service Code Book, Customer Service Manual and Bassett training
Perform all other duties as assigned to the best of your ability.
Responsible for preparing the facility and area.
Administer First Aid as needed.
Respond to ALL alarm calls
Able to work morning/day/evening/weekends