Come join our fun preschool team; our cook is one of the most popular people in our school! Our prep cook is in charge of prepping and serving both AM and PM snacks, as well as serving a catered lunch to our preschool students. The hours are M-F, 7:30 AM-1:30 PM.
Under the direction of the Early Childhood Director, the Prep Cook is responsible for completing food and supply orders, creating a healthy, versatile menu, managing the organization of the kitchen, serving meals and snacks at the correct times and temperatures, and managing lunch supplies and equipment according to Department of Children and Family Services and Public Health Department regulations.
Enjoy the benefits of being a prep cook while not working in the restaurant industry. No holidays, no weekends, and no last-minute schedule changes!
Shall have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate. Must have or be willing to complete food handler certificate and food sanitization course supplied by the State of Illinois. Previous kitchen experience preferred.
The Cook shall receive and oversee food ordering, distribute food to each classroom, be in charge of meal prep and execution, and cleaning food serving materials and surfaces after use. The Cook shall develop and contribute to a harmonious work place within the center.
All part-time employees must pass a criminal background check, which is paid for by the Glencoe Park District. Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
A proven technical knowledge of the content of the position.
Must be dependable and flexible, with good safety awareness and sound judgment. Worker must be able to understand and follow rules and instructions. Must have the ability to read, write, and organize material.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily prep and kitchen maintenance
- Communicate with teachers on classroom needs and allergy concerns
- Maintain good personal hygiene and a professional appearance
- Follow policies of the center and of the Glencoe Park District
- Follow all DCFS and Public Health Department standards
- Provide meals punctually and with all necessary materials/components
- Organize and maintain food and food storage
- Participate in activities leading to professional growth
- Maintain prompt hours; notify the EC Director in the event of illness
- Attend staff meetings and school functions
- Any other assigned duties
Records and Reports
- Keep all food logs and cleaning charts updated; serve and manage foods in accordance with regulations
- Track menu changes and maintain menu records
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Early Childhood Director