: Click Here GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision and direction of the Superintendent of Recreation, the Recreation Intern will assist the Recreation Supervisors in the planning, organization, and supervision of specific assigned recreation programs and facilities. The Recreation Intern shall act as a general assistant to the Superintendent of Recreation and/or Recreation Supervisors.
COGNITIVE SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to deal with problems.
· Ability to interpret rules and follow directions.
· Ability to make decisions in the best interest of the program and the Park District.
· Ability to supervise program patrons.
· Ability to stay organized and manage time effectively.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
· Possess a basic knowledge of the theory and philosophy of Recreation.
· Knowledge and ability to assist in planning, organizing or creating recreation programs and events.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
· College student studying the field of recreation or other allied field. Internship may be used for course credit if applicable to Intern’s curriculum. Non-credit seeking Interns will also be considered.
· Prior field work, part time experience in the area of recreation or related experience is preferred
· CPR/AED certified, or ability to achieve within 30 days of hire
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (DUTIES):
· Assist in the administration of Recreation programs and events as assigned.
· Submit reports to the Superintendent of Recreation, Recreation Supervisors and college/university as requested or required.
· Maintain good relationships with community, other interest groups and agencies serving the area.
· Work with other departments as assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Drive to various sites and facilities.
· Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the Safety Manual and Policy and Procedures Manual.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Evening, weekend, and holiday work required.