2023 Career Center Rates Career Center User's Guide Internship Deadlines
DESCRIPTION The Athletic Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the supervision of the Athletic Department’s youth and adult leagues and programs. Evening and weekend hours are REQUIRED. The exact schedule will be determined by the Assistant Athletic Director and may vary based on season.
QUALIFICATIONS • Candidate must be a high school graduate, 19 or older preferred • Knowledge of sport and recreation facility operations and programming, preferred • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently • Demonstrate good judgement • Basic knowledge of computers and technology (I.e—Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, etc.) • Ability to read and comprehend athletic league, facility and staff schedules
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS • Monitor youth and adult leagues both at athletic fields and facilities • Compile and submit accurate program records and accident/incident reports • Attend and participate in safety trainings • Promptly report all unsafe actions, practices, or conditions to Assistant Athletic Director • Set-up and take down of any equipment dependent on the league or program needs • Stay current on research, issues, and regulations related to athletics programs • Oversee facility operations and league play • Performs other duties as assigned • Complete administrative duties as needed • Oversee front desk operations at all open facilities • Management of and point of contact for all part-time year-round and seasonal staff • Follow district and department policies and procedures • Communicate with multiple parties, both internal and external
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Ability to project across a large area with clear and concise language • Ability to maintain self-control and composure in high stress and/or difficult situations • Ability to work independently and problem solve • Proficiency in being able to use technology and applications, including Microsoft and Google Office • Ability to coordinate and support all aspects of the athletic department • Proficiency in organization skills • Possess quality customer service skills and be confident to handle difficult situations either with patrons, participants and/or staff
Interested applicants can submit an online application by visiting the Niles Park District website at www.niles-parks.org
Schedule: Schedule varies - 40 hours per week; weekends and evenings as needed
Position start date: 05/23/2023
Launch your career in parks and recreation with a paid summer internship at Naperville Park District, one of the largest and most highly respected park districts in Illinois. This internship is a unique opportunity for a college senior to be a vital part of a team in a great staff environment that fosters mutual support and career development. Our executive director, who began his career as an intern at Naperville Park District, can attest to the importance of a quality internship as a foundation for a successful and satisfying career.
In this 14-week internship, you will gain experience in all areas of recreation programming while being mentored by collaborative and creative professionals who will value your work and help you discover what you most enjoy in the field of recreation.
To be considered for this position, interested individuals must complete the online application accessible at www.napervilleparks.org/employment. Materials submitted through mail, email, or fax will not be considered.
Apply by April 3rd and if hired, receive a $100 signing bonus!
Job Status: Seasonal
Hours Flexible; min. of 20 hours/ week
The Athletics Intern will play an integral role within the Athletics Department by gaining hands on experience in program planning, facility management, equipment management, customer service, and league facilitation. Participation and support at summer events will be required.
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (i.e Sports/Recreation Management)
• Have basic knowledge of a variety of sports, including game play and rules
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-orientated, ability to prioritize, multi-task, have a positive attitude and meet deadlines
• Effective and professional communicator, both verbal and written
• Possess problem solving and conflict management skills
• Understanding of and passion for Youth Sports and Recreation
• Ability to enforce Park District rules and safety practices
• Knowledge of a variety of sports, including game play and rules
• Create/maintain team and division info. in online scheduling and sports management software program
• Organize maintenance and site set-up of fields, courts and other locations
• Assist with adult and youth league management
• Responsible for the safety of patrons and players
• Assist with management of coach/volunteer processes and database
• Establish and maintain open lines of communication with community stakeholders
• Manage program supplies, equipment, and keep facility space clean, safe, and organized
• Evaluate marketing needs and strategies of department
• Assist with staff recruitment and retention strategies
• Attend all staff meetings and training programs as required
• Other duties as assigned
Email Jamie Teichmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Apply here (https://forms.gle/AbLrc1KFckQoiKCs6)
Pavilion Building Supervisor
The Pavilion Building Supervisor is a part time position. The position is responsible for overseeing daily operations at the Community Pavilion during the afternoon and evening hours when no other supervisors are present. This position will assist as needed at the front desk, with maintenance and with programming.
This position qualifies for free access to Oak Lawn Park District fitness facilities and discounts on programming.
QUALIFICATIONS Must by 21 years or older Must have High School Diploma or GED. Must be available to work 30 hours per week, Monday - Friday from of 4PM – 10PM.
The Pavilion Building Supervisor reports to the Pavilion Maintenance Supervisor.
• Help as needed with problem solving to assist staff and customers.
• Oversee part time maintenance staff and insure that they are performing their duties as assigned.
• Tour facility on a regular basis to insure the facility is up to cleanliness standards. • Oversee cleanliness of the Community Pavilion and the Centennial Park concessions restrooms.
• Oversee facility rentals including helping guests to the appropriate rooms, setup, clean up, and monitoring parties and rentals.
• Assist with set up and take down of volleyball nets.
• Assist the front desk during high traffic periods with registrations, daily visits, customer service, memberships, and open gym.
• Will occasionally have to visit two satellite facilities to assist with rentals.
• Provide onsite supervision of small trade shows, expos, and tournaments.
• Assist with electric drops from the catwalk elevated above the Arena.
• Assist with installation and removal of the soccer boards in the Arena. • Assist with softball field maintenance as needed. • Report major equipment malfunctions to Maintenance Supervisor. • Report major issues related to the facility or programs to the appropriate staff. .
• Other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS • Observe and enforce the practical safety rules, regulations and procedures established by the safety program
PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer • Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times • Must be comfortable with heights
PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Must be able to work closely with co-workers • Must be able to work well with the general public
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS • Worker must be able to work indoors and outdoors on occasion in weather conditions (heat, cold, wind, and rain) • Indoor environmental conditions will include lighting and temperature
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS • The ability to read, write, and organize materials • Must be able to follow directions - oral and written
Click here to apply: https://olparks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=43&source=olparks
Operate the facility concessions building at Hidden Lakes Trout Farm on weekdays, mornings, evenings and weekends. Operate the concessions point of sale register for the sale of all merchandise, concessions items, fishing licenses and rentals. Complete daily opening and closing of the facility, cash handling reports; balance POS cash drawer, and maintain the cash bank and change bank in the safe to ensure there is enough in the drawer for each shift. Maintain the live bait minnow tank. Greet visitors, answer telephones, distribute brochures, and answer visitor questions. Issue picnic permits, issue program registrations, collect fees. Receive and stock facility concession supplies, equipment and program materials, as assigned. Maintain facility brochure supplies. Monitor safety conditions on water and dock. Keep the dock clear of litter and debris. Convey all rules and regulations and maintain adherence to. Assist with District-wide and Department-wide programs, services and special events. Monitor weather conditions.