Job Title: Park & Facilities Foreman
Reports to: Lake Park Manager
Supervises: Part-time staff as required or instructed
Performs general and preventative maintenance and repairs, landscaping, and custodial work at Lake Park, including all shelters and facilities onsite, including Lake Park Clubhouse, Lakeview Center, Memorial Band Shell, and Maintenance Garage.
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday. 6:00am-2:30pm April-October, 7:00am-3:30pm November-March.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – MAINTENANCE
1. Perform general building custodial duties to maintain and clean floors both carpeted and tile.
2. Responsible for room set up and break down for recreation programs and events as scheduled.
3. Inspect buildings for maintenance needs and safety hazards.
4. Perform building repairs such as painting, changing light bulbs and ballasts.
5. Strip, seal and wax floors.
6. Cleans buildings, picnic pavilions, and restrooms as needed.
7. Pick up trash and debris outside building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – LANDSCAPING
1. Maintains turf areas including mowing, trimming, aerating and spraying for weeds.
2. Inspects parks and clean up debris.
3. Prunes hedges and trees.
4. Participates in snow removal operations.
5. Participates in ice rink maintenance.
6. Inspects, cleans, maintains and performs routine maintenance on equipment.
7. Identifies turf and ornamental diseases and treats as necessary.
8. Operates equipment such as: riding mowers, trimmers, chain saw, power washer, snow blower.
9. Operates Des Plaines Park District vehicles
1. Attend related training to expand skills and knowledge.
2. Assists other work crews as needed.
3. Assist with party rentals at Lakeview Center.
4. Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals.
5. Assist patrons with providing information as requested.
6. Perform additional duties as assigned.
7. May be required to perform overtime work as requested or required.
8. Member of a Park District committee as assigned.
9. Assists with special events including, but not limited, to the annual Fall Fest.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED), Six months commercial, vocational, or other specialized training
Experience: Two years related experience., Possess mechanical skill and knowledge of landscape equipment and tools.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certified, Classes available through Park District upon hire, Valid Illinois Driver’s License
To apply, please visit dpparks.org/jobs and select the Full Time link.