Job Summary – About the Role
This position is responsible for inspecting, maintaining and reporting mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results.
To view the full job description and apply online, please visit the following link:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
This position is well suited for someone with a friendly and positive personality who is productive and shows initiative, is an effective written and oral communicator, is reliable and safety-minded.
Need to Have: A high school degree with two years of technical, specialized or business school required. Four to six years working in facility and pool maintenance with some supervisory experience. A valid Illinois State Driver’s License is required. Must have a strong knowledge of all aspects of pool maintenance including water chemistry. Must have and maintain a CDL with air brakes endorsement or obtain within six months of hire. Maintain or become Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) within six months of hire. Maintain current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification or obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
Nice to Have: Strong background and knowledge in all aspects of facility maintenance including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and general building repairs. Must have a strong knowledge of all aspects of pool maintenance including water chemistry.
Essential Functions of the Position or Role
Park District Cornerstones
- Follow all departmental safety rules that pertain to the duties performed and support all aspects of Park District’s safety and risk management program.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with residents, colleagues, the public, PDRMA and other agencies or organizations as delegated.
- Recommends improvements and efficiencies to better accomplish individual and district goals in the best interests of the St. Charles Park District community.
- Comply with park district policies and administrative procedures.
- Conduct inspections; provide preventative maintenance and repair of all District facilities and equipment.
- Have the ability and responsibility for the inspection and maintenance of the aquatic facilities, all outdoor lighting and timers, drinking fountains, wells, playground inspections and repairs. Inspection of bike trail and tennis courts, and installation of signage.
- Organize and log the District key system and be responsible for all door and lock repairs.
- Keep the Assistant Superintendent adequately informed at all times of problems related to the work and changes in plans of work completed.
- Assist the Assistant Superintendent of Parks in all his/her responsibilities.
- Work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
- Operate motor equipment as needed or required.
- Respond to after hours facility emergency calls, as required.
- Supervise full-time, part-time and seasonal staff in accordance with all assigned responsibilities.
- Train, supervise and evaluate facilities employees.
- Assist the Superintendent of Parks and Planning and Assistant Superintendent of Parks in long range as well as weekly planning of work and in preparing the fiscal year budget. This shall also include accountability and restraint in the day-to-day operation of the budget.
- Consult with your immediate supervisor, exercise supervisory authority and judgement on an on-going basis related to subordinate employees reporting directly to you, in matters including development of job descriptions, hiring, lay-offs, compensating within approved budgeted parameters and disciplinary action, up to and including termination, in compliance with Park District policies and procedures.
- Exercise independent supervisory authority and judgement on an on-going basis related to subordinate employees reporting directly to you, in matters including, but not limited to employee training, scheduling, assigning, directing and overseeing completion of work assignments and employee performance evaluation.
Marginal Functions of the Position or Role
- Assist with snow removal.
- Assist with special events.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Position or Activity
Frequently: 46-100% of the time Occasionally:16-45% of the time Rarely: 0-15% of the time
Sitting - Occasionally
Walking - Frequently
Climbing - Frequently
Balancing - Frequently
Stooping/Kneeling - Frequently
Crouching - Frequently
Crawling - Frequently
Reaching - Frequently
Handling/Feeling - Frequently
Routinely push, pull and/or lift to waist up to 40 lbs. unassisted and at times 41-50 lbs. with assistance.
Requires a range of hearing and vision that allows the employee to safely complete the essential duties of the position with or without assistive devices, corrective lenses and/or glasses and/or a reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement and Accommodations
The St Charles Park District is an equal opportunity employer under all state and federal laws and regulations. The job responsibilities are subject to accommodations pursuant to the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. If you require assistance or accommodation with the application process, please contact the Business Department at 630-584-1055.