The Superintendent of Facility Operations and Park Maintenance is responsible for all physical buildings, parks and their day to day operations. The Superintendent of Facility Operations and Park Maintenance is a full-time employee working a minimum of 40 hours per week. Work pace is moderate depending on the task required. The position of Superintendent of Facility Operations and Park Maintenance requires the ability to work in active pace (25 lbs or more).
QUALIFICATIONS: The Superintendent of Facility Operations and Park Maintenance should have a Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation or a related field; or at least 5 years of full time experience in a Parks and Recreation related position. The Superintendent of Facility Operations and Park Maintenance must have experience working with Microsoft Office Suite. Ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple facilities, full and part time staff.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: The Superintendent of Facility Operations and Park Maintenance is under the supervision of the Executive Director.
1. Provide direct leadership to the Parks Department.
2. Provide direct supervision to the Parks Maintenance staff.
3. Actively participate in creating the budget for the Parks Department as well as contribute to the development of the capital budget.
4. Monitor revenue and expenses for the Parks Department.
5. Oversee all maintenance supply orders necessary for Parks Department, Nature Center, Fitness Center and Heritage Center.
6. Ensure all Park District contracted services (independent contractors and vendors) have turned in all necessary documentation (certificates of insurance, professional licenses etc.)
7. Responsible for restructuring and implementing day to day operations within the Parks Maintenance Department.
8. Provide communication to the Parks Maintenance Staff.
9. Host meetings with Parks Maintenance Staff when necessary to provide opportunities for growth within the organization.
10. Communicate consistently with the Executive Director about all Park District matters.
11. Offer policy changes and new policies to the Executive Director or to improve Park District operations.
12. Attend weekly staff meetings.
13. Attend all Park Board Meetings and Special Board Meetings as required.
14. Knowledge of Park District policies and procedures.
15. Ability to accept other duties as assigned.