OFFICE & PROGRAM MANAGER
Clear Water Pools, LLC is accepting applications for an Office & Program Manager. Clear Water Pools (CWP) is a management company of Homeowner Association and Country Club aquatic facilities located in the western suburbs of Chicago (Pingree Grove to Naperville). CWP is responsible for hiring, training, and managing approximately 200 employees each pool season, as well as maintaining the mechanical operations of each facility.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should have a positive attitude, desire to learn and be part of a team! They should be flexible in schedule, organized, creative and self-motivated as they will work remotely as well as at site specific locations and will have a changing time commitment. throughout the year. They should have strong communication skills with team members, management, and guests.
SKILL KNOWLEDGE: Basic knowledge of the swimming pool industry, lifeguard training, and computer skills is ideal. • Starguard Lifeguard Instructor certification (must earn if not already certified) • Willingness to learn new computer programs for data entry. • After training, they must have a clear understanding of the CWP Swim Lesson program.
TIME COMMITMENT: This position is seasonal in nature. Training will start mid March. Heaviest time commitment is during the months of March through September. Some weeks are more demanding than others especially during the training months of April and May as the company prepares the staff for the pool season. October through February are used to prepare for next season, continue education, and develop programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Office & Program Manager has several roles throughout the season that makes the job interesting and multifaceted. The following is not limited to but is a summary of responsibilities.
• HIRING & ONBOARDING: The Office & Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing, hiring, and onboarding employees for the pool season. This includes collecting applications, viewing and communicating with applicants, data entry of hires, and facilitating training sessions of policies and procedures. Data Entry will be needed to onboard staff members in MITC (clock in/ out system), Starguard Elite Lifeguard Portal (SGE), and Paychex (payroll system). o Follow up of paperwork needed from staff.
• LIFEGUARD SKILL TRAINING: The Office & Program Manager will schedule, oversee, and teach the Starguard Elite Lifeguard training classes prior to Memorial Day (April & May) and when needed throughout the season. They should ensure instructors are effective in their teaching and staff retains knowledge. Throughout the season, they oversee in-service trainings at the facilities for continued practice amongst staff.
o Inventory and distribution of class materials o Class registrations o Collection of payments o Closing of SGE classes & E-signatures of certifications o Inservice tracking in SGE
• SWIM LESSONS: The Office & Program Manager will help facilitate the swim lesson program at participating facilities. They will help organize and conduct the swim lesson instructor training in the beginning of June along with the Swim Lesson Deck Managers. They will collect registrations, create rosters, and distribute classes to Deck Managers. They will distribute private lessons to instructors. The Office & Program Manager will be onsite at the start of lessons, making and adjustments if necessary and help advise the Deck Manager. They are expected to be at group lessons throughout the sessions to ensure Instructors are teaching properly and effectively.
• SITE AUDITS: After the pools open, the Office & Program Manager will visit each facility at least one time a week and conduct and audit. An audit consists of attempting to observe the guards on site prior to announcing yourself and going through a provided checklist. The site audit is designed to help correct any concerns that may be present before leaving the facility. Therefore, some pool pump system knowledge is needed or communicated to the Operations Team for assistance. If the environment permits, conduct a short one on one or group (pool dependent) in-service. Ideally, all guards should be audited so planning a schedule is important. The Office & Program Manager will have access to all pool schedules on MITC.
• PAYROLL PREPARATION: Throughout the season, the Office & Program Manager will assist in payroll preparation. They will approve time attendance requests, approve timecards, and export the payroll spreadsheet. They will collect swim lesson payroll from Swim Lesson Deck Managers.
• OTHER: Throughout the season, the Office & Program Manager may be asked to assist in other tasks
o Assist in ensuring schedules are filled.
o Attend and help facilitate biweekly manager meetings when schedule allows. o Help run social media outlets to promote Clear Water Pools. Position salary is $43,000. Benefits:
• 401K company match when eligible • Laptop computer for remote work and in the field Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org