2023 Career Center Rates Career Center User's Guide Internship Deadlines
The Skokie Park District team is growing! After being on hold due to the pandemic, we are looking for a Aquatics and Facilities Supervisor to assist the Special Facilities Manager with the planning and implementation of the aquatic programming and aquatics facilities, as well as cooperative agreements with local indoor pools on a year-round basis. The Aquatics and Facilities Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Special Facilities Manager with programming, scheduling, and supervision of all aquatic programs and staff. Additionally, this position, under the guidance of the Special Facilities Manager oversees the District’s Pooch Park operations and assists that position with the Dammrich Rowing Center duties. This position also works with the Superintendent of Parks, Planning and Facilities on Scream Scene, the District’s haunted house.
Essential Duties Include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the seasonal and daily opening and shutdown procedures for the aquatic facilities.
2. Responsible for recruitment, hiring, supervision, interviewing, training, evaluation, and management of aquatic staff including pool supervisors, lifeguards, maintenance staff and cashiers.
3. Assist the Special Facilities Manager with the Dammrich Rowing Center operations.
4. Assists the Special Facilities Manager with budgeting for the fiscal year and other administrative duties as assigned.
5. Responsible for purchasing supplies and equipment as needed to ensure safe and efficient operations of the aquatics facilities.
6. Oversees planning, supervision and evaluation of existing programs as well as the assessment of new programming options.
7. Processes, reviews, and approves aquatics payroll records.
8. Responsible for facility maintenance which includes but is not limited to pool pumps, filters, locker rooms, pool decks and exterior of facilities.
9. Manages and maintains proper water chemistry readings and levels recorded by staff. Ensures water chemistry meets acceptable levels and is accurately recorded to comply with all pool codes governed by local, state and national agencies.
10. Manages the implementation of state and nationally recognized lifeguard training program currently through Starguard Elite.
11. Provide exceptional customer service which includes handling of complaints and evaluation of suggestions.
12. Assist Special Facilities Manager with cash control and bank deposits for aquatic programs and facilities.
13. Assists the Special Facility Manager in preparing reports and presentations. As requested, attends Board meetings and makes Board presentations.
14. Works with District 219 Athletic Directors/Aquatic Directors to plan and secure reserved swim programming time at the local high schools indoor pools.
15. Teaches CPR and First Aid certification courses to District staff as requested by supervisor.
16. Oversees Pooch Park, the District’s dog park. This includes managing memberships, customer service, coordination with Park Services on maintenance, repairs, ordering equipmnent and overseeing Pooch Park events.
17. Assists the Superintendent of Parks, Planning and Facilities with the operation of the Scream Scene haunted house which operates out of the Skokie Water Playground pool house. Responsibilities include assisting with marketing, organizing staffing, securing volunteers, ordering supplies, cash handling and crowd control.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Who we’re looking for:
Bachelor's degree in Parks and Recreation, Sports Management or related field. Two to four years experience in aquatics operations. Must possess or be able to obtain a CPO license, state and nationally recognized lifeguard training program certificate and a valid Illinois Drivers' License. Prefer Starguard Elite certification. Must be able to obtain and keep current First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor certifications. Must possess or be able to obtain Lifeguard Instructor certification.
In exchange for your talent we offer competitive benefits including:
• BCBSIL Health Insurance (PPO and HMO Options Available)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (Paid for by the Park District up to 2.5x your annual salary)
• Pension Plan (IMRF)
• Short Term Disability (IMRF)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Facility Usage Benefits (gym membership, golf memberships, program discounts, etc.)
To apply: Submit your application with a cover letter and resume here: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6180292.careers?ApplyToJob=470205646. Apply early as interviewing will begin immediately.
The Skokie Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.