General Manager, Lake Bracken Country Club
Serves as the general manager of Bracken Holdings, Inc. doing business as Lake Bracken
Country Club, in Galesburg, Illinois, and manages all aspects of the corporation including its
activities and the relationships between the corporation and its Board of Directors, members,
guests, employees, and the local community. Coordinates and administers the corporation's
policies as defined by its Board of Directors. Develops operating policies and procedures and
directs the work of all department managers. Implements and monitors the budget, the quality of
the corporation's products and services and ensures maximum member and guest satisfaction.
Secures and protects the club's assets, including facilities and equipment.
- Implements general policies established by the Board of Directors; directs their
administration and execution.
- Oversees the operations of an 18-hole golf course, aquatics facility, and Lake.
- Manages the restaurant and bar.
- Responsible for supervising full-time and part-time staff, including orientation, annual
staff evaluations, discipline, and staff training and development.
- Plans, develops and approves specific operational policies programs, procedures, and
methods in concert with general policies.
- Coordinates the development of the corporation's long-range and annual business plans
- Develops, maintains, and administers a sound organization plan, and initiates
improvements, as necessary.
- Establishes a basic personnel policy; initiates and monitors policies relating to personnel
actions and training and professional development programs.
- Maintains membership with other professional associations accordingly.
- Monitors monthly and other financial statements for the corporation and takes effective
corrective action as required.
- Coordinates and works with the Board of Directors to develop operating and capital
budgets according to the budget calendar.
- Works in conjunction with all committees as required.
- Welcomes new homeowners and members.
- Meets and greets all members and guests as practical during their visits to the premises.
- Provides communications and recommendations to the Board of Directors and any
relevant committee about construction, alterations, maintenance, materials, supplies,
equipment, and services not provided in approved plans and/or budgets.
- Consistently assures that the corporation is operated in accordance with all applicable
local, state, and federal laws.
- Coordinates the marketing and membership relations programs to promote the services and
facilities to potential and present members.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours based on club activities; ability to handle conflict as it
IV. Reports to: Board of Directors
➢ Golf/Maintenance Superintendent
➢ Food and Beverage Manager/Staff
➢ Office Manager/Staff
➢ Golf Pro
➢ Pool Staff
➢ Any other personnel assigned
VI. Required Qualifications:
➢ Bachelor’s Degree in business, recreation administration, or a related field
➢ 2+ years prior management experience
VII. Preferred Qualifications:
➢ Experience with lake management, aquatics, and/or golf operations
➢ Golf experience
➢ Hospitality experience, including food and beverage management
VIII. Salary: Commensurate with experience plus Benefits
Application Materials: Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Bob Porter, President
Lake Bracken Country Club
1036 Sunny Knolls Drive