Summary: Works under the direction of the Superintendent of Golf Course Maintenance. Under basic supervision assists with supervising staff, maintenance, and repair projects at the Tam Golf Course.
- Assists with managing the maintenance and repair of golf course facilities and equipment.
- Supervises work crews, monitors operations, and verifies the efficient and timely accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles, mechanics, and operation of all turf grass and golf course equipment.
- Inspects, adjusts, and performs minor repairs and maintenance of all turf grass and golf course equipment.
- Inspects turf areas daily for fungus, insects, and undesirable vegetation.
- Keeps inventory records on all equipment and materials used in maintenance operations.
- Evaluates golf course turf conditions and repair and adjust irrigation system to optimize playing conditions.
- Promotes and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Lifts and handles objects up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Monitors soil moisture levels and daily irrigation practices and schedules.
- Keep current with other areas of Golf Maintenance to help the Superintendent of Golf Maintenance at times during his absence.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum three years of golf course maintenance, grounds maintenance, or turf management experience
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Valid Illinois class "B" driver's license
- Valid Illinois Pesticide Public application license or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.