2023 Career Center Rates Career Center User's Guide Internship Deadlines
Due to an internal promotion, the Skokie Park District is hiring for the Weber Center Facility Manager! Reporting to the Superintendent of Recreation, the Weber Center Manager will be responsible for the operation and management of the Weber Leisure Center and Fitness First, including facility scheduling, budgeting, planning, marketing, hiring and supervision of staff and facility programming. The Weber Leisure Center Manager will utilize all available resources of the District and its staff to ensure a smooth and effective delivery of services, and will carry out the established policies of the Skokie Park District. Some essential duties include:
• Administers, develops, coordinates, implements, promotes, and evaluates the District's fitness programming, Weber Center recreational programming and special events. To accomplish this, the Weber Leisure Center Manager will utilize all the available resources and constantly seek additional ways to expand and improve programs and promotions for the Weber Leisure Center and Fitness First.
• Responsible for the overall operation and management of the Weber Leisure Center and Fitness First including staff, programs, rentals, office, maintenance, security, heating and cooling and cleanliness.
• Responsible for developing all related facility/program budgets, monthly reports, participation records and financial reports. Reviews monthly budget reports.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision, scheduling, payroll and evaluation of the Fitness First Manager, Weber Center Recreation Supervisor, Rental Coordinator, Custodial Supervisors and part-time maintenance staff.
• Proofs and approves Weber Center reports, invoice transmittals, new hire paperwork and purchase requisitions submitted by Weber and Fitness First staff.
• Approves and submits payroll for full and part-time Weber Center and Fitness First staff.
• Plans, organizes, and administers an annual staff training for full and part-time Weber Center and Fitness First staff.
• Purchases program supplies, services and equipment including Fitness First facility machines. Keeps an up-to-date inventory of materials and supplies.
• Prepares bids for capital projects.
• Enforces and ensures that policies, procedures and work rules are being followed by staff.
• Works closely with other District staff in order to provide a coordinated programming effort particularly as it relates to school usage agreements, camp accreditation, program registration policies and procedures.
• Programs specific special events throughout the year that relate to the Weber Leisure Center and Fitness First.
• Serves as an active member of the Safety Committee, IPLAN Committee and Trends Task Force Committee.
• On a rotational basis serves as ACA (American Camping Association) Coordinator.
• Ensures that the Weber Center and Fitness First meet the District's safety and cleanliness standards. Reviews monthly facility inspection reports and takes appropriate action when needed.
• Assist with planning, coordination and operation of District-wide festivals and special events including Skokie Festival of Cultures, Fourth of July, Backlot Bash and other special events.
• Schedules and coordinates the maintenance of facility equipment and building repairs by processing work requests or contracting with outside vendors for work and services to be performed.
• Maintains inventory of facility supplies and equipment and orders new supplies and equipment as needed following appropriate District purchasing guidelines and procedures.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the Weber Center Operations Plan and Manual.
• Attends community special event planning meetings.
Who we're looking for: An enthusiastic individual with a passion for recreation and a great team player. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Parks and Recreation, Sports Management or related field. Must have at least four years of progressive experience in facility management and recreation programming. Certified Park & Recreation Professional (CPRP) preferred.
Benefits: In exchange for your talent we offer competitive benefits including:
• BCBSIL Health Insurance (PPO and HMO Options Available)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (Paid for by the Park District up to 2.5x your annual salary)
• Pension Plan (IMRF)
• Short Term Disability (IMRF)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Facility Usage Benefits (gym membership, golf memberships, program discounts, etc.)
Complete your application with cover letter and resume here: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6180292.careers?ShowJob=486941928
The Skokie Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.