Come join the Village of Romeoville Parks & Recreation Department as we open our brand new facility in July 2023! We are looking to build a strong team of Pool Managers to support Aquatic Center facility operations; including but not limited to assisting with staff supervision, scheduling, training and maintaining department records and operations, supporting safety in the Aquatic Center, providing professional customer service and assisting in emergency responses. Candidates should hold a current Lifeguarding certification from a recognized agency, with a Lifeguarding Instructor certification from a recognized agency preferred. Experience as a Head Lifeguard or Pool Manager preferred.
Purpose of Job
The Pool Managers are responsible for supporting Aquatic Center facility operations; including but not limited to assisting with staff supervision, scheduling, training, maintaining department records and operations, supporting safety in the Aquatic Center, providing professional customer service and assisting in emergency responses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise Aquatic Center and ensure compliance with state and local health and safety standards.
• Maintain pool records and reports as needed by state, Starguard Elite, Starfish Aquatics Institute, and Village of Romeoville standards.
• Perform routine water chemistry testing and treatment.
• Assist in executing a preventative maintenance program.
• Assists in maintaining accurate and current inventory of all equipment, supplies and other pool needs.
• Reports any repairs, maintenance, supplies needed at the Aquatic Center to their supervisor.
• Manage and supervise personnel functions related to those within their chain of command.
• Assist in conducting in-service training and auditing procedures for Aquatic Center staff.
• Assist in managing and supervising Aquatic Center programming and events.
• Assists the public with inquiries and concerns to ensure promote success of all aquatic programs and events.
• Enforces the policies and rules of the Aquatic Center
• Ensures proper reporting of all accidents and incidents at the Aquatic Center
• Assumes prescribed responsibilities in times of emergency and administers any necessary emergency care. This includes directing the facility’s response and actions during the activation of the facility’s Emergency Action Plan.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
The Village of Romeoville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Village will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.