Stony Creek Golf Complex Manager
The Stony Creek Golf Complex Manager is responsible for the assisting in the overall operation of the Stony Creek Complex including, but not limited to administering the Oak Lawn Park District policies and procedures, assistance with implementing and monitoring the budget, hiring, training, evaluating and supervising part time staff members and volunteers, monitoring the quality of Stony Creek products and services while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in all areas of the property. This position will oversee Stony Creek golf outings and banquets.
The Oak Lawn Park District is committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance. Some of the many benefits we offer include: Medical, Dental and Vision Care; Pension Plan (IMRF); Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick-time, Holidays); Employee discounts at park district facilities and for programs- free use of all fitness facilities for employees; Monthly Healthy Living Club Meetings- provide staff an opportunity to try different forms of recreational activities at no cost.
The Oak Lawn Park District, incorporated in 1944, has a long and proud history of serving the recreational needs of our 56,000 residents with a myriad of recreational programs and services. We operate under the state tax cap as a municipal corporation, meaning we are our own taxing body. Overseen by a Board of five elected officials, the District manages a combination of 34 parks and facilities which cover over 280 acres. In addition, we manage a Special Recreation Cooperative that offers recreational programs and services to individuals with disabilities in 9 municipalities.
*The Oak Lawn Park District is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring accommodations to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Personnel Department.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation, Commercial Recreation, Hotel/Resort Management, Sports Management, Golf Management, or related field or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The position requires a minimum of two years of golf and/or banquet experience or related facility management/supervisory experience. The position is required to possess and maintain an Illinois Driver's License. Existing certificates in Illinois Food/Sanitation and Bassett Alcohol Certificate, or ability to obtain within three months, is required. CPRP is preferred.
Stony Creek Golf Complex General Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee golf outings and banquets for Stony Creek.
• Assists with the operating budget and marketing plan.
• Develop and maintain customer service standards and training.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate part-time and seasonal staff as well as volunteers. Part-time staff may include servers, bartenders, and kitchen staff.
• Assist with league and tournament organization for players of all ability levels.
• Assist in the creation and coordination of Stony Creek’s marketing strategy in conjunction with the Marketing team.
• Conduct regular staff meetings and training.
• Ensure the highest standards for golf outings, instruction, food, beverage, and guest service.
• Participate in outside activities that are judged appropriate by the General Manager to enhance the presence of Stony Creek in the local community.
• Professionally and efficiently stock and display merchandise in the clubhouse.
• Actively work to grow membership, food and beverage, outings rounds and revenue, youth leagues, instruction, simulators, and miniature golf at the facility through outside sales and retention.
• Obey and enforce the practical safety rules, adhere to PDRMA standards, and all regulations and procedures established by the Risk Management Committee.
• Work Oak Lawn Park District Back to School and Halloween special events.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
• Must be able to work while standing for up to 7 hours.
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
• Ability to resolve differences and problems that arise with employees and patrons.
• Employee may have to work in stressful situations.
• Ability to use good judgement in absence of supervision.
• Ability to work a varied schedule. Weekend work may be required.
• Performs duties indoors and outdoors including lighting, temperature, and weather.
• Employee may be involved in repetitive work (i.e. computer keyboard and writing)
• Employee must have the ability to follow and give directions.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Employee must possess time management and organizational skills to effectively perform their job.
• Employee must possess computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Employee must have the ability to make judgements with respect to confidentiality of information and problem-solving.
• Employee must use good safety awareness and judgement in all aspects of this position.
Please apply at https://olparks.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Any questions can be emailed to Delaney Harty, HR/Risk Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org