Salary & Benefits:
- $48,000 - $54,000 per year.
- Full benefits package including health insurance, IMRF pension, paid time off (10 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 13 holidays), program discounts, and complimentary Fitness Center, Dog Park, and Coral Cove Water Park memberships for you and your immediate family.
- 40 hours a week, working primarily weekdays with occasional nights and weekends.
The Fitness Supervisor is responsible for directly overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Fountain View Fitness Center. Fountain View Fitness is a 7,500 square foot full-service fitness center that offers a wide variety of weights and machines, fitness classes, an indoor pool and therapy pool, an indoor track, and personal training. The Fitness Supervisor manages sales, memberships, and programs. The Fitness Supervisor requires an active management approach and an overall working knowledge of all aspects of Fitness Center operations. Membership transactions and registration staff are not managed by this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, supervise, and evaluate group fitness classes and fitness operations.
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate staff with a focus on member relations and sales techniques.
- Develop content for seasonal program guides, monthly fitness newsletter, marketing materials, and reports.
- Develop member challenges, member retention strategies, and new member promotions.
- Manage and increase All-Inclusive, Corporate, and Walking Track memberships.
- Ensure high quality fitness services by researching trends and innovations within the industry.
- Continuously review and improve procedures to maximize safety and efficiencies.
- Develop, maintain, and maximize program budgets; analyze financial reports.
- Promote excellent customer service relations and regular interactions with members.
- Responsible for the upkeep, general appearance, and preventative maintenance of all equipment in the fitness center.
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of four years related experience in fitness and staff supervision.
- Strong leadership, organizational skills, and creativity. Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem-solve with minimal direction. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to interact and collaborate with all levels of employees.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experience with computer, office, and recreational equipment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Usage of ActiveNet registration software, Incode accounting software, and TimePro payroll software will be required.
- A valid Illinois driver's license is necessary.
- Instructor Certified in First Aid/AED/CPR or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Must successfully pass a post offer drug test and driver's abstract.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Please visit the "Job Opportunities" section of our website at www.csparks.org to complete an online application and upload your resume.