The Prospect Heights Park District is looking for an exceptional candidate to join our supportive team and serve our community. This position will provide the ideal candidate with opportunities to develop new and improved program ideas, support to grow their professional experience, and maintain a healthy work-life balance to be their best at work and home.
The Prospect Heights Park District serves over 15,000 residents mostly from the City of Prospect Heights, a small portion of the Villages of Mount Prospect, Arlington Heights, and Wheeling. The agency’s operating budget is over $5 million which includes the Gary Morava Recreation Center with gymnasium & fitness room, in addition to an outdoor swimming pool, 18-hole golf course, banquet facility, 4-mile bike path, 14 park sites and over 71 acres of land. The agency employs 20 full-time, 25 part-time and about 134 seasonal employees.
The Recreation Supervisor – Aquatics, Athletics & Fitness is primarily responsible for planning, budgeting, organizing, staffing, scheduling, and safety within assigned program areas. This is an at-will, full-time exempt employee working a minimum of 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, including evening and weekend hours dictated by program needs.
The benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision and life insurance (basic and voluntary); IMRF pension plan; short and long-term disability; 457(b) deferred compensation plan; AFLAC; wellness programs and incentives; paid holidays and time off; paid professional certifications, paid professional development opportunities and memberships; facility and program usage.
• Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Exercise Science, Health or Physical Education, or a related field, plus at least three years of experience in a leadership or supervisory position, preferably in the field of parks and recreation
• Valid Illinois driver’s license
• Lifeguard Instructor certification or obtained within 45 days of hire date
• CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor certification or obtained within 45 days of hire date
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills
• Capacity to utilize effective time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification or obtained within 1 year of hire date
• Software Knowledge: RecTrac, Meet Manager, Paycor, or WordPress
• Responsible for delivering and evaluating current programs/events or developing and delivering new or updated programs/events in the areas of Aquatics, Athletics and Fitness to meet the needs of the community
• Recruit, interview, hire, train, schedule, evaluate, and motivate staff and volunteers to deliver high-quality programs/events to all participants
• Evaluate programs/events through observation, past/current attendance records, and participant feedback to make decisions about the continued viability of the programs/events
• Attend continuing education opportunities on new issues and trends within the parks and recreation field to ensure our programs/events are constantly evolving and maintaining relevance
• Prepare annual program budgets and goals; monitor and track financial activities and goals
A complete job description is available at phparks.org/employment/
We are seeking a motivated individual that strives for excellence; prepared to evaluate and improve program offerings; promotes a culture of teamwork; possesses strong organizational and communication skills; skilled in time management; and able to problem solve in unexpected situations.
APPLY FOR POSITION:
Please visit phparks.org/employment/ to submit a resume
Questions should be directed to Catherine Roock, HR/Payroll Coordinator at 224.248.9581 or firstname.lastname@example.org