The Bartlett Park District is a local government agency that provides 597 acres of beautiful parks and outstanding recreational opportunities for the residents of Bartlett, Illinois and surrounding neighbors. Major facilities of this Distinguished Accredited Agency and two-time National Gold Medal Finalist includes 43 parks, a community center, indoor and outdoor aquatic centers, a 9-hole golf course and an 18-hole golf course, banquet and reception facility, ski hill, athletic field complex, nature center, gymnasium, and more.
The Recreation Manager is responsible for planning, budgeting, organizing, publicizing, staffing, scheduling and safety
of all assigned programs, special events, services, facilities and other duties as required. This includes but is not limited
to employee and volunteer recruitment/training/supervision, Adult Athletic Leagues, Youth Softball, Youth Basketball,
Open Gym, Teen Programs, Schrade Gym Facility Rentals, and various programs (in-house and contractual) and
some special events.
• Develop new or expanded programs or services.
• Oversee Schrade Gym operations including but not limited to, rentals and staff.
• Recruit, train and oversee staff & volunteers needed for each program and/or class instruction
• Administer programs within the adopted budget guidelines including purchasing. Making budget adjustments as needed. Provide enrollment and financial reports and evaluation/analysis as related to programs, research regarding potential programs and any adjustments as needed.
• Promote programs within the community. Other duties include but are not limited to: updating brochure and website, public relations including social media, press releases, and program management.
• Maintain current accurate records pertaining to all programs.
• Submit reports, on a timely basis, as requested by the Superintendent of Recreation.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Recreation, Sports Management or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience and understanding of park and recreation administration, supervision, personnel procedures, safety, and program planning
• Strong organization management, supervision, attention to detail, problem solving, along with excellent communication skills required
• Certified Park and Recreational Professional (CPRP) is preferred
• Experience with Paycom and/or RecTrac software is a plus
SCHEDULE & PAY
This is a full time, FLSA Exempt position. Hours generally are Monday-Friday 8:30AM – 4:30PM, with evening and weekend hours as necessary for events as necessary. Hiring Range is annual salary of $50,000 - $60,000 DOQ.
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life insurance (basic and voluntary)
• Pension plan (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund)
• 457 Defined contribution plan and Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
• Paid holidays and vacation time, tuition reimbursement, facility discounts & usage benefits
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, June 7, 2023 - apply online via the District's website: www.bartlettparks.org
The Bartlett Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.