Superintendent of Golf Maintenance
SALARY RANGE: $75,000-90,000 based on experience, with generous benefits package including medical (PPO or HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, and IMRF pension
POSITION FOCUS: Responsible for administration of the maintenance, repair, development and construction of the grounds of the Tam Golf Course
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Executive Director and supervises the part-time and seasonal golf maintenance staff
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Manage the operations of Tam Golf Course and oversee the maintenance staff.
- Supervise the mowing, watering and maintenance of tees, green, fairways, and related areas.
- Direct the planting, fertilizing and maintenance of turf at Tam Golf Course.
- Inspect turf areas daily for fungus, insects and undesirable vegetation.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of construction maintenance equipment, golf cart fleet, and parks equipment.
- Supervise irrigation management of golf course and park systems.
- Work with the Golf Operations Supervisors on a daily basis to prevent maintenance interference with play.
- Develop budget requirements for golf club maintenance operations.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate maintenance staff.
- Prepare board summaries, monthly reports.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science, or turf grass management preferred, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Valid Illinois Pesticide Public Applicator License to be earned within the first 3 months of employment
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens, turf maintenance
If interested, please send resume and letter of interest to Melissa Galvez, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com