Are you up for the challenge? Join our growing team!
The Roselle Park District offers a friendly, small-town feel which is great for families
- Do you like a job that has variety?
- Are you good with people - kids and adults?
- Do you have a passion about fitness and aquatics?
The Roselle Park District needs you!
FT position, $46-$52k/year plus benefits
The Recreation Supervisor will manage the operations of the Fitness Center and is also responsible for managing the operations and programs of the Aquatic Facility, which includes overseeing the Roselle Racers Swim Team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Park and Recreation or a related field.
- Five years of full-time experience supervising staff or equivalent combination of school and work experience.
- Should be versed in the following curriculum: StarGuard Lifeguard, the Starfish Swim School, the AquaTech Pool Operator and STAR basic water safety.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of recreation and aquatic program development and administration.
- Recent fitness and recreation industry trends and current literature.
- Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) preferred.
- Knowledge of budget and fiscal accountability.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of employee supervision, training, and performance evaluations.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to identify and interpret community needs, demographics, economic structure, and interests to develop programs to meet these needs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards exist.
- CPR/First Aid certification, preferred.
- Valid IL driver’s license required.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations regarding participants and staff.
- Ability to exhibit a positive approach in public contact and a calm nature in problem solving situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Will be required to work unusual hours, weekends, holidays and serve in an on-call status.
- Principles and practices of recreation program development, facility management, brochure preparation, budget preparation and management.
- Principles and practices of recreation risk management and loss prevention.
- Computer operation, including Microsoft Office software.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks.
- Evaluate staffing needs (including recruitment, hiring, orientate, training and supervision) and adjust within the department to ensure programs operate efficiently and create an environment for success.
- Create, institute and train staff on specific fitness related emergency response plans.
- Order, purchase, and coordinate fitness equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for all applicable areas of responsibility.
- Supervise the expenditure of funds and income for assigned programs and operate within the established budget.
- Maintains manuals and training documents.
- Ensures attendance records, program reports and other required administrative procedures are completed.
- Directs and oversees bi-weekly payroll of all Fitness and Aquatic employees.
- Prepare accurate and appropriate program and facility information for seasonal brochures and other public information.
- Assist in marketing and promotions of Fitness and Aquatic programming.
- Handle customer service inquiries and related problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Recreation or the Director.
- Prepare annual job performance evaluations for all assigned part-time staff.
- Supervises daily pool operations, aquatic programs, and recreational swims.
- Oversees Roselle Racers Swim Team.
- Will hire, supervise, schedule, and evaluate overall pool staff which consists of approximately 50 employees (pool managers, lifeguards, concession, and admissions).
- Will assist with ensuring the aquatic facility, equipment and mechanical systems are safe and working properly through preventative maintenance and monitoring of the pool environment to meet all required local health codes.
- Will assist with ensuring the aquatic facility are always clean, orderly, and safe in compliance with public health standards and meets members and guests’ expectations.
- Oversees pool chemistry readings and ensures staff takes the appropriate measures to keep the pool water balanced.
- Monitors member and guest activity within the aquatic environment to always ensure a safe aquatic environment.
- Train and certify seasonal lifeguards in CPR, first aid, and water rescue skills. Assures that the highest quality of lifeguard services is provided at the Kemmerling Pool facility.
- Act on employee problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain accurate financial, personnel and program participation records.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the parks and recreation industry.
- Attend training sessions as identified by the Superintendent of Recreation.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Roselle Park District provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital and housing status.