Under the supervision of the Director of Golf & Facilities, The General Manager of Ice Operations is responsible for program development and management, and supervisory oversight of the planning, coordinating, evaluating, and staffing of ice programming and the oversight of ice rink and rentals.
Key Job Tasks:
- Prepare and implement ice operations budget in accordance with approved goals and strategic plans.
- Ensure Ice Rental sales meet or exceed budget by cold calls, email marketing, social media ads and other sales strategies.
- Coordinate, communicate, and schedule all aspects of facility ice reservations with internal and external individuals and departments to ensure user satisfaction.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of assigned programs and events.
- Work with affiliate groups and independent contractors, which may include, but is not limited to: reserving facility space, preparing schedules and submitting invoices.
- Work a flexible schedule based on facility operations need, including weekends and holidays as needed and includes special events and rentals.
Direct supervision of the following:
- Figure Skating Operations Manager
- Hockey Operations Manager
- Dual supervision of Zamboni/Custodial Ice Staff
- Ice Box Concessions Staff
- Part time instructors and coaches, Part time support staff, and Volunteers
Hoffman Estates Park District - 1685 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Days/Hours of Work:
Work a flexible schedule based on facility operations need, including weekends and holidays as needed
Experience and Qualifications:
Minimum of five years of indoor ice rink experience, managing athletic and recreation programs and staff
High School Diploma or GED required. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Recreation, Business, Park and Leisure Service Administration or related field preferred.
Apply using link below: