The Wheaton Park District is seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve as an Assistant Operations Manager at Cosley Zoo. This position is responsible for working with the Operations Manager to implement a comprehensive facility maintenance management plan of daily, periodic, and preventive maintenance tasks and facility and equipment repairs. This position assists with facilitation of new construction related to grounds and facilities within Cosley Zoo.
- Minimum of high school graduate or GED with at least two years’ experience in park maintenance, building construction, and/or land development trades.
- Knowledge and skills in two (2) or more of the following trades: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, cement finishing, HVAC, masonry or landscape construction.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and provide great written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- $18.00 - $22.00 per hour, DOQ.
- Health (HMO or PPO), with very low employee contribution for employee, spouse, and dependents.
- 100% employer paid dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents.
- 100% employer paid vision insurance for the employee.
- 100% employer paid life insurance at 1.5 times your annual salary.
- Health insurance incentive up to $4,500 per year.
- FSA and Dependent Care pre-tax via payroll deduction.
- Pension Plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, including employer contributions.
- Paid time off including 12 sick days per year, 12 vacation days, 2 personal days (pro-rated first year), 12 ½ holidays.
- Free use of fitness center, two pools, golf, and entrance to Cosley Zoo to employees and family members eligible for insurance coverage.
- Tuition Reimbursement, discounts on merchandise, professional memberships, and other voluntary benefits.
Tuesday - Saturday, between the hours of 7:00am - 5:00pm, 40 hours per week.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have and maintain: a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record; and CPR/AED certified or obtain within one (1) year of employment; be a mandated reporter for the Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
This position must be able to frequently move up to 25 lbs. such as cleaning and building supplies and occasionally move objects up to 50 lbs. or more with assistance, for up to 25 yards and must be able to get into unusual positions for long periods of time while working on equipment, buildings, and repairs. This position must occasionally operate motorized vehicles, tools, and equipment safely; and occasionally operate a keyboard.
This position will frequently work in all weather conditions including, biting and stinging insects, rain, snow, extreme heat and cold, with fumes, gases, odors, dust, mold, pesticides, cleaning chemicals, grease, oil, mud, poisonous plants, and animal hair/dander/feces. This position will occasionally work at heights near ceilings and on elevated surfaces and rarely with noise over 85 dbls. and occasionally uneven, wet, or slippery surfaces. This position may rarely work in a confined space.
The Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
To apply for this position go to: https://wheatonparkdistrict.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/15dbbceb-c48f-304b-8bb0-1f25752b0882/apply?source=2660027-CS-26822