Executive Director - Medinah Park District
The Board of Commissioners of the Medinah Park District invite qualified candidates to apply for the position of Executive Director. Applicants should be of high moral character, demonstrate ethical standards, promote a cooperative work environment, provide motivational leadership and have a proven record of accomplishments.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in parks and recreation administration, public administration, finance, or business from an accredited college or university.
- Have achieved a minimum of 10 years of responsible management and operational experience in a park and recreation environment or related field.
- Be a certified park and recreation professional.
- Possess a clear vision and goals for the agency's future and be able to communicate such vision to the Board, staff and community.
- Possess sound business acumen focusing on fiscal management, capital projects and alternate revenue sources.
- Have experience with comprehensive long-range planning and the ability to assess community needs and wants.
- Have knowledge of park and recreation trends, personnel management and creative financing.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to collaborate with community organizations, local governments and the business community.
Reporting to a five (5) member Board of Commissioners, the Executive Director runs the day-to-day operations of the agency administering the policies adopted by the Board. He/She provides direction, leadership and general administrative oversight of the district.Hiring Range:
The hiring range is $90,000 - $115,000.For full information on the recruitment of this position and how to apply prior to the deadline date of Wednesday, September 27, 2023 please contact Mr. Ray Ochromowicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 630-418-0991. Detailed announcement information on the hiring search can also be attained by visiting the Medinah Park District's website at www.medinahparkdistrict.org - under "About Us" click on 'Employment Opportunities' for additional information.